• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2018 4:36 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2008
26 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Tidal HiFi Family Group

Hey, I am trying to start a Tidal Family Group Thread after getting ripped off by TheBBC (idiot).

This is my first try at a group buy so I need a little bit of time to set it up, once I have all the members. We need 2 more members based on the info below, after searching for a Tidal Group thread.

"I haven't seen any Tidal family plan group buys on RFD. Anyone know if it's doable, or not? If yes, I'd be interested in the getting the premium HiFi plan. Anyone else?

Family HiFi plan is $30 month +3.90 tax / 5 people = $6.78 month per person (vs $22.60 for individual plan)"

I'm thinking of collecting 6 months in advance. PM if you're interested.
65 replies
Jul 23, 2015
257 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
My membership just got canceled! WTF...I paid for 18 months!
That's his profile: TheBBC

----

I'll join your group.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2008
26 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
k, just need one more person. Yeah.. TheBBC, what an ass.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2008
26 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Need one more person, cost is $5.65 per month. Will be collection 6 months in advance ($33.90).
Jun 7, 2018
3 posts
btw Tidal is 1+5 members as per the website so that's 6 :)

Family HiFi - $29.99 USD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Lossless High Fidelity sound quality, high definition music videos, expertly curated editorial (prices vary depending on geography and local currency)
New but Old
Jul 1, 2018
7 posts
Hello,

Would you perhaps have one more slot open in your family plan? I'd be looking to join, but the 19.99 CAD price for one year is a little prohibitive.

Best,
May 8, 2013
11 posts
Richmond
I too was screwed by TheBBC (paid for 18 months only got 4.5 months). Anyone of you signing up here for the new fam plan pause a moment to think how this can be prevented in the future? Whoever is setting this up, are they reputable? What's the fall back, if they bail, etc? What's to stop the guy from running with your money after a month?

"Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...." (you get the idea)

Thoughts?
Jul 1, 2018
7 posts
That's a good question anson21. I think outside of keeping the funds in escrow and having some form of two- or three-factor authorization to release the funds, there may need to be some trust involved for both the "buyer" and "seller". I suppose they're really both at risk of being cheated.

All that being said, I'm still keen on being part of a Tidal Family HiFi Group purchase if anyone has a spot open, or is in the process of setting up a new group.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6332 posts
302 upvotes
GT'eh
is there still space in the tidal group buy or is someone starting a spinoff group?
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
May 8, 2013
11 posts
Richmond
@hammies
That's a good question anson21. I think outside of keeping the funds in escrow and having some form of two- or three-factor authorization to release the funds, there may need to be some trust involved for both the "buyer" and "seller". I suppose they're really both at risk of being cheated.
Are most of you guys in the BC area? After being bagged by TheBBC, I missed Tidal HiFi so much I just decided to set up my own subscription until I find a suitable family plan solution. Like I mentioned above, the trust factor is a major hurdle (don't want to be screwed again).

@Neovingian
is there still space in the tidal group buy or is someone starting a spinoff group?
I'm prepared to do the work and set a family plan for local Greater Vancouver area folks that are interested. Even if it isn't 6 people (which is ideal) but we get 3-4 will still be some subtantial savings. I propose vetting you and you can vet me through BC Drivers License (real name and reg no.) exchange via private email (you can block your address and I will do the same). At least this way there's a bit of recourse. Thoughts? Payment would be through interac e-transfer or paypal (of the same BCDL name).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6332 posts
302 upvotes
GT'eh
anson21 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:26 pm
@hammies

Are most of you guys in the BC area? After being bagged by TheBBC, I missed Tidal HiFi so much I just decided to set up my own subscription until I find a suitable family plan solution. Like I mentioned above, the trust factor is a major hurdle (don't want to be screwed again).

@Neovingian

I'm prepared to do the work and set a family plan for local Greater Vancouver area folks that are interested. Even if it isn't 6 people (which is ideal) but we get 3-4 will still be some subtantial savings. I propose vetting you and you can vet me through BC Drivers License (real name and reg no.) exchange via private email (you can block your address and I will do the same). At least this way there's a bit of recourse. Thoughts? Payment would be through interac e-transfer or paypal (of the same BCDL name).
Hey, I'm not in the BC area I sent you a PM. but I'd be down to join.
Ne0's items:Finito
♠ G@mer & t3<h [onnoisseur ♠ Spitting t3<hy lingo since the 80's

Send PM's HERE♠ eBay|600+ ♠ | XB360 GT:Ask? ♠ PSN ID:ILLmatic_KINGPIN
Jul 1, 2018
7 posts
Hi anson21,

I am not in the Vancouver area either, but I would also be interested in joining as well. I've sent you a PM.
Jul 28, 2005
579 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
For those in ON, I might be willing to organize a group if there’s enough interest.
As you can see I’m a long time RFD member - no phoney join date etc.
[removed]
Jun 1, 2007
327 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in ON. I tried TIDAL a while ago and thought I really loved it but it needed some time.

I've been on another 30 day trial now and it's changed a lot. I absolutely love it, especially the growing number of MASTER tracks.

I'm definitely in for a HI-FI family group, anyone feel free to msg to figure it out. Very long time member with excellent feedback, no issues to worry about there.

Let me know!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)