Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tidal

Tidal Trial 6 month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 12:03 pm
Tags:
Mar 31, 2017
653 posts
636 upvotes

Tidal Trial 6 month

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Tidal
Tidal.com/OTRIITOUR

Try above trial, cancel immediately after registration to avoid charges
95 replies
Apr 23, 2016
89 posts
61 upvotes
Port Severn, ON
I hadn’t heard of Tidal so I googled it. Here’s what I found
“WHAT IS TIDAL?
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that brings artists and fans together through unique music and content experiences and is currently available in 52 countries.”
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes
Valid for new accounts only as expected
Jul 12, 2017
134 posts
269 upvotes
I am on 6 month Tidal trial but stopped using it after 1 week. Their technical support wont tell me what DNS entries are required to make their service work. They just tell me to use Google DNS servers of 8.8.8.8. Yes I know this page exists: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/arti ... l-Settings but all those names entries are the same on Google DNS and my ISP DNS. I also tried using wireshark to capture network connections (domain names), I tested each domain against My ISP DNS server and Google's DNS and find no issues. I also tried using a local DNS server on my PC and set logging to capture all lookups. Again could not find what I was looking for. This DNS issue was only needed for Android and IOS apps, the PC desktop application and web browser access works fine without Google DNS. I gave up on Tidal since every other streaming service I use or tested works just fine on my network.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
THANK YOU OP! I had "Tidal Expiring" for November 5th and was wondering what my next move would be.

Yeah, I'll have to create a new account and re-download my offline use/playlists but free is free.
Koodo Mobile
Nov 3, 2009
174 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I am offered 30day free trial. Does this offer apply to QC residents?
Jul 25, 2018
84 posts
194 upvotes
Is this the service that provides high fidelity sound?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4809 posts
1803 upvotes
This is excellent, since I was looking at Tidal for my Sonos setup.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
NickK41633 wrote: Is this the service that provides high fidelity sound?
Yes. Well, they all provide some sort of "high fidelity" option now (like 320 mbps), but Tidal was the first and still has the highest-fidelity option (FLAC uncompressed). It sounds great to me, but I'm probably fooling myself that it sounds any better than 320 mbps. However, note that the ultra-high-fidelity sound only comes with the Premium subscription that's normally $20/month instead of $10/month.

I tried Tidal for 6 months, and I liked it pretty well. According to news reports it has been on the verge of collapse for a year or more. While I wouldn't buy a year-long subscription, it's probably not going to collapse tomorrow. The selection isn't quite as good as the other music services, but surprisingly it's available with full selection in more countries if you happen to be traveling overseas.

Unfortunately you cannot set Tidal as your default music service for Google Home or Alexa, which is partly why I went back to Spotify. I also tried Deezer on a 3-month/99 cent subscription, and I have to say that I may like Deezer best of all for selection and playlists - and it's now supported as a default music service for both GH and Alexa.
Nov 7, 2005
141 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: Looks like you need to sign up for Tidal HiFi to get that which is $19.99 a month. The free trial is for the $9.99 premium service.
This trial actually offers HiFi as well. You have to use the link the OP provided to signup (which gives you 6 months of regular service), after you signup go in the account options under Subscription you can "upgrade" to HiFi which will reduce your trial offer to 3 months.
Sep 28, 2005
251 posts
151 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: This is excellent, since I was looking at Tidal for my Sonos setup.
Only reason I like these tidal free trials, for my Sonos
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
nosft wrote: This trial actually offers HiFi as well. You have to use the link the OP provided to signup (which gives you 6 months of regular service), after you signup go in the account options under Subscription you can "upgrade" to HiFi which will reduce your trial offer to 3 months.
Nice, I didn't realize there was a way to do that. Makes sense that they'd only give you 3 months of that service.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: Nice, I didn't realize there was a way to do that. Makes sense that they'd only give you 3 months of that service.
Even better, after I signed up for the free trial, I was able to upgrade to a family plan while maintaining the 6 months (not Hi-Fi), and that's okay with me.

*Pro-tip, make sure y'all add family plan e-mails BEFORE you remove your payment/cancel your automatic renewal.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
Thanks!! Signed up and cancelled.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Oct 4, 2016
201 posts
171 upvotes
Hey is Tidal as good as apple music ???
i would cancel apple music for 6months for this app ..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)