Tags:
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10636 posts
17200 upvotes
Scarborough
nosft wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 10:22 am
This trial actually offers HiFi as well. You have to use the link the OP provided to signup (which gives you 6 months of regular service), after you signup go in the account options under Subscription you can "upgrade" to HiFi which will reduce your trial offer to 3 months.
Nice, I didn't realize there was a way to do that. Makes sense that they'd only give you 3 months of that service.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5295 posts
3114 upvotes
Mississauga
TomRFD wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 10:34 am
Nice, I didn't realize there was a way to do that. Makes sense that they'd only give you 3 months of that service.
Even better, after I signed up for the free trial, I was able to upgrade to a family plan while maintaining the 6 months (not Hi-Fi), and that's okay with me.

*Pro-tip, make sure y'all add family plan e-mails BEFORE you remove your payment/cancel your automatic renewal.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3137 posts
338 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks!! Signed up and cancelled.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Oct 4, 2016
161 posts
124 upvotes
Hey is Tidal as good as apple music ???
i would cancel apple music for 6months for this app ..
Nov 27, 2008
70 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks OP! I've been looking to try TIDAL lossless to test if my ears can hear a difference.
Dec 22, 2009
132 posts
82 upvotes
YYC
TheDuffMan wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 12:26 pm
Thanks OP! I've been looking to try TIDAL lossless to test if my ears can hear a difference.
Please come back with review as it's been a long discussion when compared to Spotify hi fi, thanks OP and hope we can keep Tidal afloat on free subscriptions ^^
Jul 27, 2017
60 posts
67 upvotes
I've had a bad experience with this service and their billing practises. I was part of their 6 month promo last time around, right after I signed up I cancel the membership to turn off subscription auto-renewal. 6 months later, they charged me anyways and support won't do anything about it. They claimed that I "reactivated" my subscription after cancelling it (???)

That's super shady and I would never use Tidal again. Just a word of warning to any takers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5295 posts
3114 upvotes
Mississauga
Have personally had zero issues....I just contacted support with my existing e-mail and had my playlists/saved artists/albums transferred over to my new e-mail. Done within 2 hours.
Nov 27, 2009
80 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
Mrbj wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 11:06 am
Thanks!! Signed up and cancelled.
when you cancel, do you lose the 6 month trial?
Jul 30, 2013
450 posts
204 upvotes
Richmond Hill
simoxxx wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 2:14 pm
when you cancel, do you lose the 6 month trial?
Nope, it'll continue until the free trial period ends.
Tech Arsenal ASUS G11CD | Samsung Galaxy S9+ | Nikon D5200 | 1More Triple Drivers
Sep 16, 2013
574 posts
265 upvotes
SW ON
TheDuffMan wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 12:26 pm
For this you need to have the equipment better than your ears. And a regular computer sound card won't do. If your equipment doesn't resolve better than your ears can resolve you won't hear a difference but there is one.
Aug 29, 2016
91 posts
37 upvotes
nochill wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 1:28 pm
I've had a bad experience with this service and their billing practises. I was part of their 6 month promo last time around, right after I signed up I cancel the membership to turn off subscription auto-renewal. 6 months later, they charged me anyways and support won't do anything about it. They claimed that I "reactivated" my subscription after cancelling it (???)

That's super shady and I would never use Tidal again. Just a word of warning to any takers.
Same thing happened to me, id be wary
Oct 17, 2009
428 posts
636 upvotes
Yeah, I uninstalled the Tidal app after it drained my battery a few times on my Pixel 2 XL. Absolutely destroyed my battery life.
Jul 27, 2017
60 posts
67 upvotes
Jeffery33 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 4:05 pm
Same thing happened to me, id be wary
Interesting to hear that I wasn't the only one.

For those who must have the deal, I would strongly recommend making a calendar reminder a few days before the trial expiry date and check in to see if they messed around with your account and "resubscribed" you without your permission. Keep all emails and have screenshots as proof that you've cancelled the membership in case you get any trouble.

Even better, use a prepaid card or something that'll help with a chargeback - I used PayPal and they have not been helpful at all.