Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
NeverMSRP01 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 11:34 am
Hey is Tidal as good as apple music ???
i would cancel apple music for 6months for this app ..
I just got this trial and cancelled Apple Music til the trial is done. I'm liking it.
Dec 10, 2006
771 posts
175 upvotes
Japan
Just use your PayPal, once you cancel the trial on Tidal's settings, go to PayPal and cancel the recurrent billing for Tidal. If you do it this way, Tidal won't even be able to charge your PayPal because you pretty much blocked it.
Nov 7, 2013
528 posts
143 upvotes
the 604
yeah, heads up on this.

i signed up for the last Tidal promo and cancelled it two weeks before it was due to expire

still got charged, even with proof of cancellation. tryna wrangle with CC about it.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4383 posts
1137 upvotes
Ottawa
I love free, never subscribe any service, I hate subscription
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1981 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
I have been on free streaming music for almost a year now lol. Tidal on 6 months. Apple Music for 4 months, then Tidal again lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
Tidal is pretty sick, hopefully they survive somehow. Def going back to Apple though lol
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9410 posts
971 upvotes
GTA
Use a totally new e-mail. I started a new account and it let me use an old e-mail but turns out it only offered me a free 30 day trial. I used a brand new email address and now I have the 6 month trial.
Apr 23, 2016
170 posts
112 upvotes
Just finished my free 6 months of tidal in September. It's by far the worst streaming audio option, but free is free. I'll take it.

Selection, layout, bluetooth functionality and interface functionality are all sub-par compared to Google and Spotify.
Apr 23, 2016
170 posts
112 upvotes
johanscott wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 9:07 pm
I have been on free streaming music for almost a year now lol. Tidal on 6 months. Apple Music for 4 months, then Tidal again lol.
I'm going on 2+ years now. Not sure why anyone pays for this stuff lol
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1049 posts
727 upvotes
Sweet, my Groupon Apple Music thing is running out in a week so was looking for somewhere to jump ship. Anyone know the expiry date?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
R35gtr wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 9:53 pm
Just finished my free 6 months of tidal in September. It's by far the worst streaming audio option, but free is free. I'll take it.

Selection, layout, bluetooth functionality and interface functionality are all sub-par compared to Google and Spotify.
ummm no.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1015 posts
705 upvotes
DNS entries? Just download the app, sign in and it should work.

If you have some elaborate network at home that requires you to enter DNS entries for different services, that's your issue-- not Tidal's.
morty420 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:29 am
I am on 6 month Tidal trial but stopped using it after 1 week. Their technical support wont tell me what DNS entries are required to make their service work. They just tell me to use Google DNS servers of 8.8.8.8. Yes I know this page exists: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/arti ... l-Settings but all those names entries are the same on Google DNS and my ISP DNS. I also tried using wireshark to capture network connections (domain names), I tested each domain against My ISP DNS server and Google's DNS and find no issues. I also tried using a local DNS server on my PC and set logging to capture all lookups. Again could not find what I was looking for. This DNS issue was only needed for Android and IOS apps, the PC desktop application and web browser access works fine without Google DNS. I gave up on Tidal since every other streaming service I use or tested works just fine on my network.
:rolleyes:
Jun 22, 2015
294 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rageguy wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 7:04 pm
Just use your PayPal, once you cancel the trial on Tidal's settings, go to PayPal and cancel the recurrent billing for Tidal. If you do it this way, Tidal won't even be able to charge your PayPal because you pretty much blocked it.
I took your advice, how exactly do I do this on the PayPal side? I cancelled Tidal right away but I don't wanna get charged.