• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 12:03 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5338 posts
3146 upvotes
Mississauga
I have been using Tidal for close to 2 years....one 6 month trial after another.

No complaints! I have had zero issues with Chromecast and Bluetooth connectivity and have had very few instances where an artist wasn't available (e.g. Metallica).
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3040 posts
2386 upvotes
Toronto
R35gtr wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:09 pm
Great contribution.
Thanks, I try.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3040 posts
2386 upvotes
Toronto
morty420 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 8:29 am
I am on 6 month Tidal trial but stopped using it after 1 week. Their technical support wont tell me what DNS entries are required to make their service work. They just tell me to use Google DNS servers of 8.8.8.8. Yes I know this page exists: https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/arti ... l-Settings but all those names entries are the same on Google DNS and my ISP DNS. I also tried using wireshark to capture network connections (domain names), I tested each domain against My ISP DNS server and Google's DNS and find no issues. I also tried using a local DNS server on my PC and set logging to capture all lookups. Again could not find what I was looking for. This DNS issue was only needed for Android and IOS apps, the PC desktop application and web browser access works fine without Google DNS. I gave up on Tidal since every other streaming service I use or tested works just fine on my network.
Everyone should ignore this post... just download the app like a normal person and it works.
Oct 19, 2015
556 posts
804 upvotes
Vancouver
HiFi or Master streaming is disabled, but thanks OP
[OP]
Mar 31, 2017
67 posts
105 upvotes
fpenguin wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:59 am
HiFi or Master streaming is disabled, but thanks OP
This trial actually offers HiFi as well. You have to use the link the OP provided to signup (which gives you 6 months of regular service), after you signup go in the account options under Subscription you can "upgrade" to HiFi which will reduce your trial offer to 3 months.
Nov 27, 2014
11 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Exp315 wrote: Yes. Well, they all provide some sort of "high fidelity" option now (like 320 mbps), but Tidal was the first and still has the highest-fidelity option (FLAC uncompressed). It sounds great to me, but I'm probably fooling myself that it sounds any better than 320 mbps.
Trust me at 320 mbps you are in Super Hi Vision territory and beyond ;) I guess you meant to say 320 kbps. Don’t quote me on this, but I believed uncompressed is at 1,411 kbps.
Aug 18, 2014
513 posts
323 upvotes
Markham, ON
No way I'd trust them to give me my credit card

The company initially proclaims they are "for artists" and give greater compensation compare to other music streaming service like spotify
But not only are they not giving greater share of its revenue to the artists, they are not even paying them at all....
there are plenty of lawsuits claiming they are defrauding musicians by manipulating stream numbers, defaulting on royalties payment
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1023 posts
132 upvotes
DeadHead wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:02 am
I took your advice, how exactly do I do this on the PayPal side? I cancelled Tidal right away but I don't wanna get charged.
Login to your paypal, click on settings at the top right corner, click on the payments tab and then "manage automatic payments", find Tidal from the list and cancel.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1947 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
R35gtr wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 9:54 pm
I'm going on 2+ years now. Not sure why anyone pays for this stuff lol
Which ones do you alternate with? I will need a new provider once this one is done next May.
Aug 7, 2007
112 posts
7 upvotes
Yonge & Sheppard
Switched over to Tidal from Spotify student pricing. Great saving for next 6 month and the quality/UI/selections are awesome. They might be able to keep me as a subscribed user.

Great deal! Thanks to the op!
Jun 22, 2015
292 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stillmatic11 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 3:26 pm
Login to your paypal, click on settings at the top right corner, click on the payments tab and then "manage automatic payments", find Tidal from the list and cancel.
Thank so much!
Sep 18, 2017
44 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Definitely enjoy listening to FLAC. The only bad experience before using Tidal with Stack was when I had a free trial for 3(?) months and at the beginning I canceled immediately. I had no billing issues but for some reason my service was canceled much earlier than the 3 month period.

I still don't love the UI but it works.
Trying to become an audiophile and keyboard enthusiast when you're poor was a mistake.