Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TIFF Bell Lightbox

Toronto - free TIFF 6 month membership. Must redeem by Oct 31

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 1:02 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto - free TIFF 6 month membership. Must redeem by Oct 31

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 31, 2018
Retailer:
TIFF Bell Lightbox
As a TIFF Member, you'll get:

Access to exclusive pre-sales on year-round programming at TIFF Bell Lightbox
Discounts on films, subscription series, and events (scroll down for programming highlights)
Discounts at Concessions and TIFF Shop
Special offers at local restaurants and shops, including O&B Canteen and Luma
A subscription to the TIFF Member Newsletter

Use the promo code TIFFTTCMEM by October 31, 2018, to get the most out of TIFF!

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/tiff/E ... ls/18INDMB
Last edited by sprung on Oct 16th, 2018 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
42 replies
Apr 17, 2015
332 posts
151 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
"Unfortunately this offer is not available".
Dec 20, 2005
330 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
I got the same message when I clicked the link. But when you put the promo code into the left sidebar and search it will bring up a 6 month individual membership which costs $0.

Currently have a dual membership set to expire at the end of November so I wonder how this will work... and if they will send me a new card.

TIFF membership is awesome - especially having access to the members lounge :)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Worked for me! Thanks OP.
Feb 28, 2008
14 posts
3 upvotes
Just got this! I am a TIFF newb, though. Will they mail me a card? How does this work? Does anyone know?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1211 posts
390 upvotes
di_zi wrote: Just got this! I am a TIFF newb, though. Will they mail me a card? How does this work? Does anyone know?
same here!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4234 upvotes
Thx Op .... just enrolled ...so what do we "get" exactly? is it just early access to ticket purchases? or are there actually freebies?
Feb 28, 2008
14 posts
3 upvotes
At the very least, you will have access to the members lounge! It's a nice space. Free refreshments. Do make sure to check their hours. I went with a friend once who was a TIFF member at the time.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
di_zi wrote: At the very least, you will have access to the members lounge! It's a nice space. Free refreshments. Do make sure to check their hours. I went with a friend once who was a TIFF member at the time.
Assuming this lounge is only open during TIFF in Sept/19 so would need to renew after 6 months ... Or is this members lounge open year round? Thanks!
Nov 18, 2008
751 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
What did I just sign up for? How do people know we are a TIFF member when we go to this said lounge??
Dec 20, 2005
330 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
TIFF Bell Lightbox (located at King Street West/John Street) refers to the cinema/space used year-round for film and events. I know a lot of people hear TIFF and just think of the 10 day festival, but the Lightbox is IMO a great destination to be visited on a regular basis throughout the year!

As OP mentioned in his post, with this membership you get discounts on movie tickets, concessions, the gift store, the restaurants/shops (https://www.tiff.net/eat-and-stay/?tab=savings) but my favourite bonus is the members lounge access (see info/hours here - https://www.tiff.net/visit/#BBR). The lounge has coffee/tea and other snacks (usually nacho chips, cookies, apples, biscotti, ladyfingers etc) - you can also purchase alcohol and other drinks. It's a really great space to hang out before/after seeing a film or just to meet other film buffs and it's open year round (although it's actually closed to lower-level members during TIFF festival).

There are other perks to being a member - special events (they hosted a viewing of the World Cup final), film talks, behind the scene tours, and free access to exhibits (digiplayspace!).

TIFF is a charity, so I hope there isn't an insane influx of RFDers just going for the free snacks, but I know TIFF hasn't been doing so well and hopefully this helps get the word out on what TIFF has to offer year-round :)

p.s. Members get a special members card, so I'm guessing they will be mailing them out? Otherwise you won't be able to get the discounts in-person or get into the lounge.
Aug 12, 2018
242 posts
75 upvotes
The TIFF members lounge has what kind of refreshments? Coke? peanuts? alcohol?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
cauliflower18 wrote: TIFF Bell Lightbox (located at King Street West/John Street) refers to the cinema/space used year-round for film and events. I know a lot of people hear TIFF and just think of the 10 day festival, but the Lightbox is IMO a great destination to be visited on a regular basis throughout the year!

As OP mentioned in his post, with this membership you get discounts on movie tickets, concessions, the gift store, the restaurants/shops (https://www.tiff.net/eat-and-stay/?tab=savings) but my favourite bonus is the members lounge access (see info/hours here - https://www.tiff.net/visit/#BBR). The lounge has coffee/tea and other snacks (usually nacho chips, cookies, apples, biscotti, ladyfingers etc) - you can also purchase alcohol and other drinks. It's a really great space to hang out before/after seeing a film or just to meet other film buffs and it's open year round (although it's actually closed to lower-level members during TIFF festival).

There are other perks to being a member - special events (they hosted a viewing of the World Cup final), film talks, behind the scene tours, and free access to exhibits (digiplayspace!).

TIFF is a charity, so I hope there isn't an insane influx of RFDers just going for the free snacks, but I know TIFF hasn't been doing so well and hopefully this helps get the word out on what TIFF has to offer year-round :)

p.s. Members get a special members card, so I'm guessing they will be mailing them out? Otherwise you won't be able to get the discounts in-person or get into the lounge.
Great overview cauliflower18 ...now I have a craving for Korean Cauliflower :)

to add to your p.s.

- you can pick up a physical card from Will Call or receive your card # electronically

Thanks OP for this fantastic offer!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1948 posts
2463 upvotes
DavidG88021 wrote: The TIFF members lounge has what kind of refreshments? Coke? peanuts? alcohol?
LoL

I suppose to be expected that some people will travel all the way to the venue to have some free nachos.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
di_zi wrote: At the very least, you will have access to the members lounge! It's a nice space. Free refreshments. Do make sure to check their hours. I went with a friend once who was a TIFF member at the time.
So member can bring a guest into the lounge?
Sep 28, 2013
315 posts
272 upvotes
BRANTFORD
I'm a TIFF member. There's many benefits to having it during the Toronto International Film Festival that runs in September. The problem with this free 6 months is it will be expired long before it starts. I guess that's their plan to getting you to renew. Personally I don't think it's worth it for the other perks but it's free so I guess you cant beat that.
Oct 13, 2018
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Do the 6 months start as soon as the membership is purchased? Or would I be better off waiting until closer to October 31 to buy the membership? I won't be able to do much (if anything at all) with a TIFF membership for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)