None
[OP]
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
685 upvotes
Shhanada

TigerDirect.ca on CBC Marketplace

Looks like TigerDirect.ca is going to be featured on next week's episode of Marketplace.

And in case you don't know, being "featured" on Marketplace is usually bad, not good.

The teaser had an customer unhappy that TigerDirect had modified his review but kept his identity.
10 replies
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes
Interesting post, thanks for the share.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11392 posts
1268 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Does anyone know when they post the show online after airing?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9758 posts
1212 upvotes
Toronto
SurplusPlus wrote:
Nov 8th, 2014 12:19 am
Looks like TigerDirect.ca is going to be featured on next week's episode of Marketplace.

And in case you don't know, being "featured" on Marketplace is usually bad, not good.

The teaser had an customer unhappy that TigerDirect had modified his review but kept his identity.
I saw it, it was about companies making fake reviews for businesses. Tigerdirect basically modified the customers review for obvious reasons and didn't have much to say other than that. I've never once bought from TD due to a lot of other people's complaints.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1673 posts
228 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for the heads up.
You know, I like the show marketplace as they make me aware of scams and things I never knew about, but they always seem to leave me hanging after the half hour is up.
I guess I'm looking for some sence of conclusion to their stories or better yet, that their efforts are going to initiate big changes in the associated industry by new consumer protection laws.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1237 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if Home Stars will make it on there.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12342 posts
1863 upvotes
City of Vancouver
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
161 upvotes
my experience bought an item online called to cancel before it was shipped a few days later the item arrives at the door called back spoke to customer care and the rep didnt care to follow thought.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16449 posts
4158 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing new companies do this all the time. I guess the guy really wanted it deleted so he took action.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
I bet we can't post reviews of Ripoff-(er, Tiger)-Direct on their site. That would make for a fun and informative read, the number of customers they must have ripped off by now. I used to be on their site all the time looking for and buying gear. Then I realised that their promised "rebates" were never going to show - at least not the non-minor ones. I've not been back since, and don't miss it. I tend to do that with corrupt organisations and their sites.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
carmaster wrote:
Mar 1st, 2015 7:42 pm
Nothing new companies do this all the time. I guess the guy really wanted it deleted so he took action.
There was so much more they could - and should - have reported on.