Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 27, 2006
314 posts
5 upvotes
Sarnia

Tigerdirect vs. NCIX vs ?

I've been looking at getting a new PCI-e video card from tigerdirect, mainly because I'm looking to spend somewhere around $100 on one and places like futureshop don't seem to carry the cheaper ones.
Anyway, I'd like to know how shipping rates compare with NCIX and any other online sites that sell computers & computer parts. So if anyone has had experience with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink], [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]tigerdirect[/rfdlink], or any other websites (canadian friendly ;) ) I'd like to know where the best place to buy is.
Thanks. :)
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] rates good to very good. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]Tigerdirect[/rfdlink] rates Crap to Craptacular! I hate Tiger with a passion and they business practise is below par. They even repackage items 'as new'. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=37]NCIX's[/rfdlink] RMA isn't too difficult compared to say Canadacomputers.

Tiger? Good luck seeing your money again. You can't even return an online purchase in-store. It's 2006! Staples offers in-store return when they went online. Staples better than Tiger? Now you know the world is ending. A.V.O.I.D [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]Tigerdirect[/rfdlink]. CP24/CityTV may be fooled but RFD guys know Tiger is a joke. Does anyone here purchase from them now that there's no free shipping?

Forget about MIRs since Tiger will never honor them. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] on the other hand offers shipping promos regularly --> sometimes 2 day Purolator is cheaper than regular. Tiger's rates are Jokes man Jokes. TD is a Joke.
[OP]
Mar 27, 2006
314 posts
5 upvotes
Sarnia
Thanks for the insight. I'll have to take a look around [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] and see what I can find. The only thing I don't like about [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] is that you have to register with them before you can see the shipping costs, as [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]tigerdirect[/rfdlink] allows you to see the complete total of an order with out giving them any more information than your postal code.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9327 posts
690 upvotes
Brampton
go with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]ncix[/rfdlink] (Vancouver), and depending on where ur from, u can avoid pst i believe.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 41-0-0 and counting.
Feb 2, 2004
739 posts
18 upvotes
Surrey, BC (VAN)
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] = win
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1444 posts
13 upvotes
Edmonton
Although [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] is much better than Tiger, I hate how [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] handles items that are out-of-stock. I've had many orders where the item showed stock online, paid, and waited for 2 weeks without any contact from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink]. I would then call them to find out that they were out of stock indefinitely.

The only good that came out of it was that they would promptly refund my money or change my order quickly, but i still dont like the fact that they took my money and sat quietly without contacting me at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3952 posts
17 upvotes
I am still wondering, what is that "truck" option from Tiger? $200 to BC!!
Aug 7, 2003
612 posts
41 upvotes
Because I live in BC, I get charged PST by [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] and [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]TigerDirect[/rfdlink] charges PST to BC now. I have used Dangeo , if they have the same product because they will price match and no PST.

I will use [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] if there is enough savings on the purchase.
If I could go back in time, I would change this signature!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5550 posts
218 upvotes
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] all the way ... [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]tigerdirect[/rfdlink] is horrible ...
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15913 posts
1272 upvotes
GTA West
ynchu wrote:I am still wondering, what is that "truck" option from Tiger? $200 to BC!!
Truck means they put the item in a truck and send a guy to drive the truck right to your door to deliver the item.

Basically this is for corporate customers who ordered like 120 computers or something and need them right away.
Jan 3, 2006
788 posts
1 upvote
That would cost a lot more than 200 bucks from ontario to bc though...
Deal Addict
May 31, 2002
1079 posts
For a sub-$100 PCI card, maybe you should try Canada Computers or even CWO.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4682 posts
49 upvotes
Local
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]tigerdirect[/rfdlink] = shiping + taxes
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]ncix[/rfdlink] = pickup so taxes only
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1701 posts
55 upvotes
Windsor
7jaii wrote:NCIX rates good to very good. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]Tigerdirect[/rfdlink] rates Crap to Craptacular! I hate Tiger with a passion and they business practise is below par. They even repackage items 'as new'.
I had a [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]tigerdirect[/rfdlink] rep call me at work last week, I couldn't bring myself to tell him the real reasons we'll never buy from them a) their US company scamming their customers with the Long Distance plans, and b) the rebates.
× < >