Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TigerVPN Lite: Lifetime Subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2015 2:01 pm
Tags:
None
59 replies
Nov 16, 2012
677 posts
189 upvotes
VANCOUVER
"Use of torrents permitted for EU locations (NL recommended) & prohibited for US".... So we can't use this for torrents?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
infamousdealer wrote: "Use of torrents permitted for EU locations (NL recommended) & prohibited for US".... So we can't use this for torrents?
Use the EU servers, and you can torrent like a madman!
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
infamousdealer wrote: "Use of torrents permitted for EU locations (NL recommended) & prohibited for US".... So we can't use this for torrents?
Too good to be true. Most VPN costs about $5-10 a month. I can't find any honest review online at all, most of the review are quite fake.

Can't even find it here: http://www.vpnreviews.com/?p=831

People always think torrenting behind VPN will keep trouble away, it's not that simple and you still need to know how to set it up to work anonymously. One VPN I recommend is Private Internet Access and I am using IronSocket.

Meaning you cannot use any US servers for torrent. Keep in mind that downloading from foreign servers is very slow and many of the public trackers will block it because those who are on VPN are leechers because they can't upload due to SOCKS5.

For VPN, you also need to consider if these guys keep logs.
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
Did you read your own post quotes??? Seriously did you READ your own post?
May 19, 2008
398 posts
89 upvotes
I use the $10 for 1 year cyberghost deal with access to 5 premium servers.

I download (torrents) through the Netherlands all the time with no slow down whatsoever.

And they don't keep logs and you can find great legit reviews
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Are you even literate?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
iamanagram wrote: Are you even literate?
He is ESL... So we shouldn't pick on him
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
May 6, 2015
318 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
What's the difference between the lifetime one for $29 and this two-year one they're offering on the same site for $49: https://stacksocial.com/sales/two-years ... encryption

*UPDATE*
Ahh, 15 nodes available to you versus their total 62.

*UPDATE*
Found some reviews, and here's part of one that sticks out:
The comments you all have left below tell me the product is iffy at best in its current version,
and the c.s. guy admitted it has its flaws: "Some bugs are driving us crazy but we rather want to rework
the entire apps instead of small fixes here and there. We aim to rebuild all before December 15.
In the meanwhile you can always connect tigerVPN manually via PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN protocol.
We don't have setup guide for windows 10 at the moment but you can check windows 8 as that will help :)
[see what I mean about repeatedly telling to do what I told him I've already done - used their video set up guide.
It did not help.)
And another negative review, and I've got a sneaking suspicion that he's American:
HORRIBLE company.
HORRIBLE experience !

Nothing...repeat NOTHING on this website has worked, except for your company sucking out money out of my credit card...!!!

I'm ultra pissed at yall, and this is now my 3rd email to you.

I DEMAND either FULL satisfaction on the purchase of the Lifetime VPN, or IMMEDIATE credit of the full purchase price charged to my credit card.

If your website can't even give me accesses to VPN after I've purchased it......HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY PROVIDE ME WITH SECURE VPN...?

Explain that to me.
You've done a really piss-poor job of setting up a website for establishing VPN connectivity, but such a good job in suckering in consumers like me.

I demand a response worthy of a company who wishes to do business on the internet.
And someone who did his homework:
I have never used VPN, but for a $29 lifetime license was interested in today's deal. However, after mccaptain's negative comments about it and the lack of other actual user experience with it here, I went looking for reviews. At Google Play Store the good news is that TigerVPN has been downloaded more than 1 million times and has been top rated by a very strong majority of users who rated it there. The bad news is that the latest ratings of a recent update (during July?) are, to put it mildly, negative.

Chief complaints: an annoying, unwelcome icon that stays in the notification area; settings options no longer available; fewer connection nodes available; trouble connecting and staying connected; and unsatisfactory look and feel of new user interface. OK, with any new update there's likely to be some users who encounter problems or just wish the company had left well enough alone. And, those unhappy users are probably more likely to take time to write a review. But, lastly, and perhaps the worst complaint from virtually all recent reviews I went through is that TigerVPN now includes annoying ads. That is causing quite a few disgusted paying users to uninstall TVPN.

I don't begrudge developers of apps and services such as this a fair profit. But, if the company gains a huge base of paid subscribers at a given price for ad-free service, those customers have a reasonable expectation the service will remain ad free. To come along with an update and foist annoying ads on them after getting their money is cheating. It's no different than if a landlord were to rent you a home for a certain price, then after several months inform you that you would have to accept a stranger staying in the guest bedroom -- because the landlord decided he had set the rent too low and needs to make more money.
http://www.cnet.com/news/get-a-lifetime ... pn-for-29/
Dec 7, 2007
95 posts
22 upvotes
Bought this a week back. Struggling hard to connect using openvpn in my router. Support team has life knowledge and keep repeating the same thing.
When connected using their windows app, connection was dropping often
Only once for few mins imy speed went upto 5megs.
Please avoid.
Oct 19, 2012
250 posts
126 upvotes
Burlington
I purchased this yesterday and haven't had any issues using it in Windows 8.1 Pro and on my Galaxy Note 4. Both connected fine, stayed connected without any issues and seemed okay for the price. I'm on the Rogers 100/10 service and my speed using the NY connection averaged around 12/10. Had no problems streaming or browsing the web with either. I don't torrent so I can't comment about that. We sometimes like to watch live Swiss tv through the internet and need a Swiss IP address to do so and no problems so far. It's too early to comment on reliability or anything really so time will tell.

Quick note though, a lot of people are commenting on the web about the android app and all the issues with the recent update. From what I can tell, that's not actually TigerVPN but is Tigervpns. Subtle difference with the added "s" but the icon doesn't match TigerVPN and doesn't actually seem to be their app. I used their Android app "tigerVPN - Privacy Defender" without any issues since I signed up yesterday.

I figured for $29 USD ($26.10 USD if you sign up for the email from stacksocial) it was worth a go for a "lifetime" subscription.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Anyone on TigerVPN Lite (one-time payment) for more than a year?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
I would agree CyberGhost is a much better option, or wait until Black Friday for PIA to drop the price.
Aug 21, 2015
43 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Hi everyone I am new to VPN and wanted to get one for my home network . Can anyone recommend a good vpn I am looking for something that I can connect my home router through dd-wrt so all my devices can be protected. prefer lifetime subscription if possible.
also are all vpns configurable with home router(ddwrt?) I'm asking because I have been doing a bit of browsing and I noticed that some of them say 1 device in the description and also I'm not sure how to tell if it can be set up through the router.
Aug 24, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi there! We just wanted to clarify something about the last review you quoted. We're not sure the author really did their homework :)

The tigerVPN apps do not have any ads and there isn’t anything remotely close to what they are describing as an “unwelcoming icon”. The app you are talking about belongs to one of our competitors, a product that took our name and added an “s” to it ;) Look closer, check the logo and you will see right away that it’s not us. Cheers!
Aug 24, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi there! We're sorry you've had a bumpy ride. The router must allow you to set VPN as WAN, not all the routers do that. We recommend you check the compatibility. Cheers!
Aug 24, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We currently don't have customers that have been using tigerVPN Lite for a year because the offer was just released :) However, you can find 100+ reviews on Trustpilot. We guarantee they're 100% real because Trustpilot only publishes reviews after receiving a purchase confirmation - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tigervpn.com
Aug 24, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We know it sounds too goo to be true, but it is. At least for a limited time, because the offer will be over soon. tigerVPN has been around since 2011 and we have big plans for the future, no worries about that :)

It's true that we don't keep logs about our users and we assign an IP to multiple users so we can't see who did what, much less third parties. This is what really makes a VPN anonymous and we really take privacy seriously.

In the tigerVPN Lite offer torrenting is allowed for some countries, but we recommend using our VPN for legal activities only. Best regards!

PS - we believe our customers' reviews are the most valuable so we're very happy to see that more than 100 users have given us a 9.2 out of 10 average on Trustpilot. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tigervpn.com Like we said in another comment, Trustpilot publishes reviews only after it receives proof of purchase.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
tigerVPN wrote: We know it sounds too goo to be true, but it is. At least for a limited time, because the offer will be over soon. tigerVPN has been around since 2011 and we have big plans for the future, no worries about that :)

It's true that we don't keep logs about our users and we assign an IP to multiple users so we can't see who did what, much less third parties. This is what really makes a VPN anonymous and we really take privacy seriously.

In the tigerVPN Lite offer torrenting is allowed for some countries, but we recommend using our VPN for legal activities only. Best regards!

PS - we believe our customers' reviews are the most valuable so we're very happy to see that more than 100 users have given us a 9.2 out of 10 average on Trustpilot. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tigervpn.com Like we said in another comment, Trustpilot publishes reviews only after it receives proof of purchase.
We can torrent in Canada?
You can torrent in Canada ;-) the US is the only country with a lot of pain with regards to torrent. We don't like moving infrastructure each and every month because datacenter providers are shutting down the service after the 839 email you got with regards to infringement mail of some whatnot lame TV shows :)

Also, what does this mean> "NOTE: Changes to the subscription may invalid the lifetime subscription (e.g. upgrades)."

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150 ... tion.shtml