Fashion & Apparel

Tights with shorts in the gym

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 2:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
8076 posts
1263 upvotes
I don't run much but I agree - I don't care for track pants and I don't like the look of many of the skinny track pants which are very much in style now. I do have a couple of pairs but I prefer shorts for sure.

Ah first world problems eh!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
3441 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
I actually haven't tried compression leggings before. I assume they're the same as tights, interchangeable terms?

Do have to admit, the compression leggings with shorts over top make you look pro haha
Member
May 6, 2009
256 posts
58 upvotes
xeryusdvirus wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 1:32 pm
OR..... Some guys are just real POSERS because Pro Athletes wear them
Perhaps. I just wear it because I dont want my upper thighs being uncovered if I'm doing certain leg exercises. Pretty sure I'm not the only one doing it for this reason.

Also, track pants are ruled out because they're just too baggy and get in the way.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
boredstudent3 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 6:48 pm
I actually haven't tried compression leggings before. I assume they're the same as tights, interchangeable terms?

Do have to admit, the compression leggings with shorts over top make you look pro haha
compression leggings get quite sheer especially in the groin area that's why people wear shorts over them. And also to hide their bulge.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
3441 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 9:44 am
compression leggings get quite sheer especially in the groin area that's why people wear shorts over them. And also to hide their bulge.
Yup I figured lol. Might try them at a later time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
8076 posts
1263 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 9:44 am
compression leggings get quite sheer especially in the groin area that's why people wear shorts over them. And also to hide their bulge.
I grabbed 2 pairs on Monday - One 3/4 length Under Armor and one full length Nike plain black.

They looked good - I wore them to the gym last night with cotton dark gray mid length shorts and a blackish t-shirt, a gray/black combo. Gym was pretty cool so I didn't sweat much even after 35-40 minutes on the elliptical. In terms of function definitely all good. On the machines especially.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 8:31 am
I grabbed 2 pairs on Monday - One 3/4 length Under Armor and one full length Nike plain black.

They looked good - I wore them to the gym last night with cotton dark gray mid length shorts and a blackish t-shirt, a gray/black combo. Gym was pretty cool so I didn't sweat much even after 35-40 minutes on the elliptical. In terms of function definitely all good. On the machines especially.
any good deals? IIRC, the nike one i got from Sports chek was $35. The UA one i forget but it was from the online outlet sale. I like my Nike one better.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1492 posts
116 upvotes
Downtown
kool1 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 8:31 am
I grabbed 2 pairs on Monday - One 3/4 length Under Armor and one full length Nike plain black.

They looked good - I wore them to the gym last night with cotton dark gray mid length shorts and a blackish t-shirt, a gray/black combo. Gym was pretty cool so I didn't sweat much even after 35-40 minutes on the elliptical. In terms of function definitely all good. On the machines especially.
What's this a fashion show at the gym? lmao
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
8076 posts
1263 upvotes
chaego wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 10:05 am
What's this a fashion show at the gym? lmao
No - but hey if you say you don't care what you look like and you are in the "fashion & apparel" forums then you are not being honest.
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 9:09 am
any good deals? IIRC, the nike one i got from Sports chek was $35. The UA one i forget but it was from the online outlet sale. I like my Nike one better.
Nike were on the clearance rack at the local Nike store - the UA were 25% off, nothing special.
Newbie
Sep 20, 2015
12 posts
Toronto, ON
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 9:09 am
any good deals? IIRC, the nike one i got from Sports chek was $35. The UA one i forget but it was from the online outlet sale. I like my Nike one better.
I find National Sports has good deals on UA compression tights sometimes, especially if you get those $10 off coupons on top of the sale. UA is sort of the more masculine and trendy brand for compression. I find they are good quality also.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3185 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Started doing this recently... Not so much as a fashion statement but to keep my legs warm while heading to the gym and while working out and not exposing certain areas.

If it looks cool all the better, but that's not the primary concern.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
8076 posts
1263 upvotes
SoGood wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 12:21 am
Started doing this recently... Not so much as a fashion statement but to keep my legs warm while heading to the gym and while working out and not exposing certain areas.

If it looks cool all the better, but that's not the primary concern.
Yes - exactly. I was at the gym last night, at least 4 other men wearing compression leggings under shorts.

I think I like the 3/4 length better than the full length for inside the gym. A little bit of cooling once you start to sweat. I'm finding it's a little extra support for my bad knee also.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2007
173 posts
16 upvotes
compression makes a difference IMO when playing sports or full stride running - also protects your legs if you slide/dive on turf or grass. In the gym it's more for warmth, but I perhaps some help if you're doing leg exercises. They also make your legs look nice :D
Newbie
Sep 20, 2015
12 posts
Toronto, ON
wyseguy wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 11:46 pm
compression makes a difference IMO when playing sports or full stride running - also protects your legs if you slide/dive on turf or grass. In the gym it's more for warmth, but I perhaps some help if you're doing leg exercises. They also make your legs look nice :D
I agree - they keep you warm before and after a work out. I have read they help with recovery also after a lot of exercise. Great cool weather performance.

Too hot to wear in the summer though. I usually just wear compression shorts under my exercise shorts when it's warmer.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)