• Nov 17th, 2017 9:43 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 11:34 pm
I think it's a fashion thing, most won't admit that though.
It's partly a fashion thing yes for sure. Our gym is pretty cool. Once you have worked out for a while it's fine but just shorts and a t-shirt can be a bit cool this time of year and especially in the middle of winter.
Aug 31, 2017
183 posts
48 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:27 am
It's partly a fashion thing yes for sure. Our gym is pretty cool. Once you have worked out for a while it's fine but just shorts and a t-shirt can be a bit cool this time of year and especially in the middle of winter.
Definitely - guys can be very vain when it comes to the gym
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4520 posts
244 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:51 pm
Something I don't get is why guys work so hard for a sculpted body doesn't want to show it off and especially the legs. I can see 90% of the guys at the gym with chicken legs covering up with jogger pants but the ones who actually don't skip leg days don't even bother showing them. Me, I spend at least 15min on legs at every workout and I wear a form fitting short to show off my thunder calves and thighs. Personally I think tights/leggings are fine and even without short covers but I still wouldn't wear them because I don't like the feeling of almost nakedness like wearing super light long johns.
Have you considered that some people don't work out to show off their body in the gym?

I only wear tight fitting leggings to work out and it's simply because baggy pants annoy me lol, and tight pants make it easier to see what my knees are doing, where they're tracking, etc.
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:16 pm
Definitely - guys can be very vain when it comes to the gym
Why is choosing to wear somthing because you like the look of it considered to be vain? Don't most people choose to buy and wear clothing that fits the way they want and looks the way they want? Not sure how this is a guy thing.
Aug 31, 2017
183 posts
48 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 8:16 pm
Have you considered that some people don't work out to show off their body in the gym?

I only wear tight fitting leggings to work out and it's simply because baggy pants annoy me lol, and tight pants make it easier to see what my knees are doing, where they're tracking, etc.

Why is choosing to wear somthing because you like the look of it considered to be vain? Don't most people choose to buy and wear clothing that fits the way they want and looks the way they want? Not sure how this is a guy thing.
Don't worry I'm sure you look good in tightsSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
amz155 wrote:

I wear compression garments because compression garments. Can use anything to help with the abuse of Olympic lifting.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
There are vain people in the gym - it's part of being there.

Let's face it, people who work out generally are interesting in taking care of themselves and looking good. Fashion activewear is a huge business also whether you work out or not.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4520 posts
244 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:08 am
There are vain people in the gym - it's part of being there.

Let's face it, people who work out generally are interesting in taking care of themselves and looking good. Fashion activewear is a huge business also whether you work out or not.
Enjoying the way you look is considered vain? Lol. Wanting to look and feel good doesn't mean people are shallow.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8067 posts
1262 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:29 pm
Enjoying the way you look is considered vain? Lol. Wanting to look and feel good doesn't mean people are shallow.
I didn't say that - I just said there are vain people in the gym. I didn't say everyone who wants to look good is vain.

I work very hard to keep somewhat fit including eating well, exercising and going to the doctor regularly. I am not vain at all - I keep it very real. LOL.
Oct 26, 2016
353 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
After having worn tights under my shorts, I now feel naked when I don't wear them with my shorts. It does keep me warmer when I have to brave the cold trek to the gym.
Sep 20, 2015
12 posts
Toronto, ON
nestleman wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:26 am
After having worn tights under my shorts, I now feel naked when I don't wear them with my shorts. It does keep me warmer when I have to brave the cold trek to the gym.
Same. I can only wear with shorts.

A lot of men's compression looks like it's only meant to be worn under shorts or something anyway.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11019 posts
1519 upvotes
City of Vancouver
You're supposed to wash ur clothes inside out so that they stay looking good as long as possible. If u wear shorts over ur tights, u r running the risk of creating pilling or fuzzing on the outside of ur tights. Pro athletes get their clothes for free.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4520 posts
244 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:00 pm
I didn't say that - I just said there are vain people in the gym. I didn't say everyone who wants to look good is vain.

I work very hard to keep somewhat fit including eating well, exercising and going to the doctor regularly. I am not vain at all - I keep it very real. LOL.
Keepin it real is where it's at ;)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4520 posts
244 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:59 pm
You're supposed to wash ur clothes inside out so that they stay looking good as long as possible. If u wear shorts over ur tights, u r running the risk of creating pilling or fuzzing on the outside of ur tights. Pro athletes get their clothes for free.
Does this matter if the person only wears those tights with shorts over top?

I never wash my tights or leggings inside out and never have issues with pilling.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11019 posts
1519 upvotes
City of Vancouver
^ Well, what about flat-lock seams that are snagged?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.