• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 8:26 pm
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
492 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto

TIL Fortnite is a completely free game

It's not even pay-to-win. All the micro-transactions, every single one of them, revolve around aesthetic elements, like how your character looks or what dance moves they can do. But you can download Fornite right now to PS4 and find out what all the fuss is about, and not be at any gameplay disadvantage. Ever.

Personally, I found it rather obnoxious and couldn't figure out how to mute all the cursing teenage boys, but that's that.
Share:
16 replies
Nov 18, 2012
738 posts
305 upvotes
Longueuil
Dear Gramps,

"no fill"

Regards
May 19, 2017
65 posts
47 upvotes
y tho
Apr 8, 2007
710 posts
133 upvotes
Milton
This isn’t Reddit.
Jun 10, 2011
394 posts
283 upvotes
In for 10
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1132 posts
1088 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yea but being $0 means you don't get any ebates
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1478 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
Darkhawk wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 7:18 pm
It's not even pay-to-win. All the micro-transactions, every single one of them, revolve around aesthetic elements, like how your character looks or what dance moves they can do. But you can download Fornite right now to PS4 and find out what all the fuss is about, and not be at any gameplay disadvantage. Ever.

Personally, I found it rather obnoxious and couldn't figure out how to mute all the cursing teenage boys, but that's that.
Im not one to usually downvote .. and this post and @rkt1337 ' reply made me laugh... but the ultimate thing that pushed me to downvote is because OP is suggesting people download on ps4... Just warning if you plan to play the game on a Nintendo switch dont ever connect your account with a PS4.. Once you play the game on the PS4 Sony makes your account exclusive to the PS4 and then you cant play it elsewhere...

Nintendo, Microsoft, PC etc. they all interoperate.. but SONY has some restrictions in place which as POed alot of people..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/fortnit ... aming.html
https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/27/17509 ... ndo-switch
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6242 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
hollywood115 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2018 7:23 pm
This isn’t Reddit.
even then a post this bad wouldn't get any visibility on Reddit to begin with
Darkhawk wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 4:28 am
I'm sure you meant well but you're just posting common knowledge about one of the most popular games on the planet without offering any new information. All you had to do was type "Fortnite" in the search bar here to see there are already dozens of posts and threads about this game including a 2 page thread specifically for PS4 players.
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 14th, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote was removed
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7599 posts
3436 upvotes
Toronto
fortnite is for children. the real people play pubG.
come on, fortnite looks so dumb.

i read an article that parents are paying "tutors" on fortnite... like your kid is so useless they need a tutor to win at fortnite.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1503 posts
839 upvotes
Windsor
daivey wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 5:55 pm

i read an article that parents are paying "tutors" on fortnite... like your kid is so useless they need a tutor to win at fortnite.
Like father, like sonFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nov 18, 2012
738 posts
305 upvotes
Longueuil
daivey wrote:
Aug 4th, 2018 5:55 pm

Sounds like your brain cant cope with all whats needed to win at fortnite, easier to say "it sucks, its for kids"

pubg is a slow and much easier game to be half decent at but yeah.. the lowly human way of deferring failure is to make fun of something.. so good job.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7599 posts
3436 upvotes
Toronto
rkt1337 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 10:09 am
Sounds like your brain cant cope with all whats needed to win at fortnite, easier to say "it sucks, its for kids"

pubg is a slow and much easier game to be half decent at but yeah.. the lowly human way of deferring failure is to make fun of something.. so good job.

lol I'm pro at all games.
i tried fortnite, it looks dumb and plays dumb
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15550 posts
3376 upvotes
Toronto
Well the game made 1 billion in those micro transactions. So the suckers are buying all the crap.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7166 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
daivey wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 10:12 am
lol I'm pro at all games.
i tried fortnite, it looks dumb and plays dumb
You can't be a pro, the real pros are playing it on twitch. Even mlb, nba, NHL, NFL players are playing it on their downtime.

If you ain't that good, no need to call it dumb because you can't win.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7599 posts
3436 upvotes
Toronto
PCDawg wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 4:55 pm
You can't be a pro, the real pros are playing it on twitch. Even mlb, nba, NHL, NFL players are playing it on their downtime.

If you ain't that good, no need to call it dumb because you can't win.
its a dumb game, made for spamming hot keys.
and i am good. i won plenty of games, just didn't care for it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)