• Jan 16th, 2018 9:32 am
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12804 posts
1938 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 5:53 pm
Glad you finally changed your tune (or got some tastebuds).
I don't know...I'm still supporting their bagel and cream cheese. lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1076 posts
266 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 7:46 pm
I still have one to use up before Jan. 8 Thanks for reminding me, and thank god the smaller print reads "or any other hot beverage".
(Not that a coffee is any better, but I'll gladly drink that for lack of a better free choice.)
I am in a condo so I got all the fliers known to men but didn't see that one.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12804 posts
1938 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 7:15 am
I am in a condo so I got all the fliers known to men but didn't see that one.
The free hot beverage coupon was only offered to people who showed up back in December and bought...at the very least...a small hot beverage. (ie coffee)
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5378 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:39 pm
Donuts are gross and the coffee sucks . Withe the new treatment of employees I`m boycotting the swill .
Ah, yes. Boycott them so that they lose business and make further cuts to their staff. Solid plan.
Jan 3, 2017
308 posts
216 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:39 pm
Donuts are gross and the coffee sucks . Withe the new treatment of employees I`m boycotting the swill .
Yes, makes sense. Boycott them because they are the only chain doing this.

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2949 posts
254 upvotes
fryguy1987 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 8:30 pm
Yes, makes sense. Boycott them because they are the only chain doing this.

:facepalm:
Well it`s the big one in the paper at this time . Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2949 posts
254 upvotes
psyko514 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 1:36 pm
Ah, yes. Boycott them so that they lose business and make further cuts to their staff. Solid plan.
Do you think for a second . They wouldn`t cut staff if they could ? With or without a raise in the minimum wage .

So keep supporting companies that pick on the lowest paid workers .
Jan 3, 2017
308 posts
216 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:11 pm
Well it`s the big one in the paper at this time . Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
So everyone hop on the mob mentality band wagon. Gotcha! Might as well not eat at any 99% of restaurants this year because guess what, they are all increasing prices or cutting perks or lowering hours or laying off people
Jan 3, 2017
308 posts
216 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:15 pm
Do you think for a second . They wouldn`t cut staff if they could ? With or without a raise in the minimum wage .

So keep supporting companies that pick on the lowest paid workers .
Do you think for a second?

Don't eat out anywhere, period! Or shop anywhere period! Because every store everywhere would cut staff if they could. lolz this isn't a "Tim Horton only thing" But all the cool guys are boycotting them so you might as well also.

Have you been oblivious to the increase in self checkouts everywhere? Cineplex, Mcdonalds, Shoppers, Walmart, grocery stores?

And don't forget while you are boycotting "Tims" in general you are boycotting the innocent franchise owner who hasn't made any changes yet, but due to the actions of a few franchises you are lumping them in as one group. hmm sounds familiar somehow......where have I seen or heard people treat all guilty because of the actions of a few?

Sheep everywhere
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30932 posts
7653 upvotes
GTHA
fryguy1987 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:12 pm
And don't forget while you are boycotting "Tims" in general you are boycotting the innocent franchise owner who hasn't made any changes yet, but due to the actions of a few franchises you are lumping them in as one group. hmm sounds familiar somehow......where have I seen or heard people treat all guilty because of the actions of a few?
In a statement, Tim Hortons says it's saddened to see its reputation put at risk by the actions of a handful of franchises.

Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2949 posts
254 upvotes
fryguy1987 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:12 pm
Do you think for a second?

Don't eat out anywhere, period! Or shop anywhere period! Because every store everywhere would cut staff if they could. lolz this isn't a "Tim Horton only thing" But all the cool guys are boycotting them so you might as well also.

Have you been oblivious to the increase in self checkouts everywhere? Cineplex, Mcdonalds, Shoppers, Walmart, grocery stores?

Sheep everywhere
FYI . I never use self check out . I never use a ATM if teller is available . Tim`s owners make enough money without my coffee money . Didn`t buy coffee last few days and I never missed it .
Last edited by pfbmgd on Jan 6th, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2949 posts
254 upvotes
fryguy1987 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:10 pm
So everyone hop on the mob mentality band wagon. Gotcha! Might as well not eat at any 99% of restaurants this year because guess what, they are all increasing prices or cutting perks or lowering hours or laying off people
Couldn`t care less with increase of prices . But screw the little guy . I don`t need to support your business .
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1348 posts
167 upvotes
We got the Tim's coupons here in Alberta as well along with Macdonalds, A&W , Harvey's and so on they all want our business, I'm only giving my business to McD as they have the best coffee and the better food than Tim's .