Tim horton mailer coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2018 9:32 am
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12285 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck using the $1.99 breakfast sandwich coupon at locations that have raised the regular price from $3.29 to $3.49.
I handed my coupon to the cashier as I placed my order this morning.
She said "That's $2.30"
I said no it's not. It's $2.10
She said TAX! There is TAX!! in a rather harsh tone.
I reminded her that anything less than $4 is only GST taxable.
She got aggressive again and said "You still have to pay tax!!"
I said "Yes! GST tax. $1.99 plus gst is only $2.10 not $2.30..."
She got her manager who didn't even bother to fix it.
She just gave me 15 cents back on $2.25 and handed me the receipt, which read $2.19 plus tax.
They can raise prices but they have no right to set the computer to charge 20 cents more than the coupon price and try to say it's tax.
NICE TRY!
Everyone, check your bill carefully when you use your coupons.
Don't let them over charge!!
Mar 27, 2015
905 posts
232 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I paid $2.30. Didn't give it much thought, but thx for the headup. This was after the cashier spent about 3 min. trying to figure out how to give me the discount. You think they'd have this programmed in or something. I won't be going back after I use up the coupons as I always bring my food from home. The coupons were quite good which is why I used 3-4 of them.
Aug 15, 2015
924 posts
107 upvotes
Markham, ON
I always thought their food was just soso. Their bagel is good.

But I haven't been there for a while. I am a hard critic, once you are on my soso list, I may never buy from you again.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12285 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:39 pm
I paid $2.30. Didn't give it much thought, but thx for the headup. This was after the cashier spent about 3 min. trying to figure out how to give me the discount. You think they'd have this programmed in or something. I won't be going back after I use up the coupons as I always bring my food from home. The coupons were quite good which is why I used 3-4 of them.
They owe you 20 cents. Don't look at it as who cares about 20 cents. Look at it as you got overcharged period. You should call 1-888-601-1616 and complain.
They need to know which locations are ripping people off.
$1.99 is $1.99 NOT $2.19!!
(especially when they try to say it's tax. What an outright lie!!)

***It is programmed in, but it's programmed to also add 20 cents more because the coupon was printed when the regular retail price was $3.29.
Now it's $3.49, so they added 20 cents to the coupon price expecting people not to notice.
This should be illegal! The coupon price needs to be honoured as the coupon price no matter what.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30194 posts
7440 upvotes
GTHA
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 8:39 pm
Donuts are gross and the coffee sucks . Withe the new treatment of employees I`m boycotting the swill .
How does boycotting a business help those who work there?
https://globalnews.ca/news/3960829/comm ... ork-there/

Even if these Tim Hortons franchisees relent under pressure and restore the benefits they took away, that still leaves them with the problem of adjusting to these new costs. Reducing hours, not filling vacancies, or even laying off staff would all be worse outcomes for those employed there, but probably wouldn’t generate as much press coverage.

Or, these stores could just raise their prices. In the long run, though, that could hurt sales and mean more tough choices down the road. It also means higher prices for these same low-income workers we’re ostensibly trying to help.

Simply put, this boycott is misguided in several ways. If people want policies that could actually help the working poor, they should take it up with our political leaders, not small business owners.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
2857 posts
223 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 11:23 am
How does boycotting a business help those who work there?
https://globalnews.ca/news/3960829/comm ... ork-there/

Even if these Tim Hortons franchisees relent under pressure and restore the benefits they took away, that still leaves them with the problem of adjusting to these new costs. Reducing hours, not filling vacancies, or even laying off staff would all be worse outcomes for those employed there, but probably wouldn’t generate as much press coverage.

Or, these stores could just raise their prices. In the long run, though, that could hurt sales and mean more tough choices down the road. It also means higher prices for these same low-income workers we’re ostensibly trying to help.

Simply put, this boycott is misguided in several ways. If people want policies that could actually help the working poor, they should take it up with our political leaders, not small business owners.
I don`t think 10 cents a coffee will break most people .
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12285 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
pfbmgd wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 10:33 pm
I don`t think 10 cents a coffee will break most people .
We have been saying that since the beginning of time. It's more about the frequency of the increase.
What they should be doing is raising the price more than a dime and offering a quarter off the price for bringing your own TH cup...(instead of a dime)
Right environmentalists? Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12285 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
So again, a reminder that $1.99 plus tax in Ontario should come to $2.10 not $2.30 and by rights of the coupon you should be paying $1.99 not $2.19. (before tax)
ALWAYS check your bill carefully!