• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 7:23 am
Oct 28, 2012
348 posts
104 upvotes
Ajax, ON
MikoWilson wrote:
May 30th, 2019 10:05 pm
It passes as a good business for people who don't remember what it was before it was bought out. It TRULY was a bakery when I was younger. Now? They might as well just throw you frozen mounds of dough and tell you to microwave it at home.
If people seem vitriolic about this place, it's because they don't appreciate a foreign entity buying up a Canadian icon and running it into the ground.
Canada just can't have nice things without some foreign investor buying it and ruining it (I'm looking at you 407 ETR! I'm looking at yoooou!)

And tell your workplace to step it up a bit. Our studio hired a lady to make us fresh baked good because people hated Timmy Hoes plastic pucks so much.
Timmy Hoes lol. I like that! I definitely take your point. On the other hand, isn't thatthr MO of literally all large businesses?
Feb 10, 2019
23 posts
20 upvotes
It's hard to imagine that anyone expected a 1.99$ chicken sandwich from Tim Hortons to be anything less than awful.
It's hard to imagine that anyone expected an any price chicken sandwich from Tim Hortons to be anything less than awful.
It's hard to imagine that anyone expected anything from Tim Hortons to be anything less than awful.

I'd rather cut my own tongue out than put their dirt swill coffee in my mouth.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3783 posts
915 upvotes
w11x22 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 12:14 pm
The only thing that is keeping it afloat is, that it is the only brand left for coffee. As Canadian we dont have no other choice anymore. In US they have so many choices for coffees and donuts etc. if you dont like one you can go to the other. But here only Tims. I know there are other like MCD and 711 and similar but not a single franchise like Tims. If we had competition then things would be very different.
Support your local coffee shops, if they exist in your area.
Oct 2, 2012
312 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
So I had one of these and then got a Jr McChicken same day to compare and I do prefer the Jr McChicken. Honestly they are very comparable sandwiches and this looks to be a copy cat sandwich. There are a couple slight differences;

- Patty size about the same (but I didn't weight them)
- Mayo amount about the same
- Bun size is bigger on the Tim's sandwich but that also gives it a bigger bun to meat ratio and I don't like a mouth full of bun.
- Lettuce goes to Tim's. It was a full piece of dark green vs a sprinkle of chopped iceberg that ends up falling out the sides and makes a mess.
- Taste of patty goes to the Jr McChicken because I like the spices they use to bread the patty. The Tim's is ok but more bland when compared.
- Price was the same $2.10 after tax in ON

It's a $2 sandwich that is very similar to a Jr McChicken. If you don't want to spend a lot of money and you don't have a McD's nearby then this is a good alternate. I don't understand all the hate?
Oct 28, 2012
348 posts
104 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Barn01 wrote:
May 31st, 2019 7:14 am
... and I don't like a mouth full of bun.
Hahaha near perfect quote! Add the "s" and remove the "don't." There, now you've got a recipe.
Oct 17, 2009
795 posts
1469 upvotes
325i wrote:
May 30th, 2019 11:47 pm
No way... do they still have these?????
Nope. Too much manual labor. You can't just microwave them and throw them into a tray so they axed them. They used to be incredible.
Oct 17, 2009
795 posts
1469 upvotes
taskmasta wrote:
May 31st, 2019 12:45 am
Timmy Hoes lol. I like that! I definitely take your point. On the other hand, isn't thatthr MO of literally all large businesses?
All bad businesses I guess.
I can't think of another company that used to bake things fresh, but now microwave frozen products made in centralized locations.
Hell, even Burger King, the parent company of Tim Hortons hasn't fallen off over the years as much. It would be like Burger King pre-cooking their burgers in Alberta, and sending them over to BC to be microwaved :D
Nov 19, 2014
782 posts
711 upvotes
GPS - error
MikoWilson wrote:
May 31st, 2019 2:04 pm
All bad businesses I guess.
I can't think of another company that used to bake things fresh, but now microwave frozen products made in centralized locations.
Hell, even Burger King, the parent company of Tim Hortons hasn't fallen off over the years as much. It would be like Burger King pre-cooking their burgers in Alberta, and sending them over to BC to be microwaved :D
I'm sure they're pre-cooked before being frozen, lol.
Aug 1, 2010
825 posts
524 upvotes
w11x22 wrote:
May 30th, 2019 12:14 pm
The only thing that is keeping it afloat is, that it is the only brand left for coffee. As Canadian we dont have no other choice anymore. In US they have so many choices for coffees and donuts etc. if you dont like one you can go to the other. But here only Tims. I know there are other like MCD and 711 and similar but not a single franchise like Tims. If we had competition then things would be very different.
McD coffee >>>>>>> Tim's Coffee any day of the week. I'm shocked Tim Hortons is afloat tbh. Sheep will sheep
Nov 7, 2003
782 posts
228 upvotes
colavs19 wrote:
May 31st, 2019 2:36 pm
McD coffee >>>>>>> Tim's Coffee any day of the week. I'm shocked Tim Hortons is afloat tbh. Sheep will sheep
Agreed regarding McD coffee >>>>>>> Tim's coffee.... but Peeps love their timmies and that's why they continue to grow.
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!

Koodo $40 6GB plan
Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs

#ImCoolNow
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1145 posts
690 upvotes
Orleans, ON
colavs19 wrote:
May 31st, 2019 2:36 pm
I frequently do blind taste tests to find out which brands I prefer for specific items.
About a year ago, I got a black coffee from Tims and McD, and added my own cream and sugar (in case they add different amounts). I was surprised how similar they were. They tasted pretty much exactly the same. Others that tried the test agreed. Overall there was a slight preference towards McD because it had a stronger/better smell. If you were drinking it black, maybe the differences would be more pronounced, but I personally don't like black coffee.

If you like one more than the other, I'd imagine it's either a placebo effect (/brand loyalty), or you prefer the amount of cream/sugar they use. Perhaps one uses slightly more than the other, which your palate prefers. Either way - the coffee itself is near identical. YouTube often 'prove' this as well. Most people can barely tell the difference when it comes to black coffee.

Note: If you visit at weird times, the coffee might get burnt. I went at peak times in the morning for both. Also, I get McD most of the time so I'm not pro-Tims or anything. I just don't think their coffee sucks, and I like their Ice Capps. lol
Last edited by Kevin8se7en on May 31st, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2015
316 posts
122 upvotes
Montréal
Finally tried one out and it was not as bad as everyone described here at least... It was not a cardboard. But McDonald's is better
Aug 25, 2017
130 posts
232 upvotes
325i wrote:
May 31st, 2019 2:47 pm
but Peeps love their timmies and that's why they continue to grow.
You know what else continues to grow and grow? Cancer.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4161 posts
2445 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote:
May 31st, 2019 3:43 pm
I frequently do blind taste tests to find out which brands I prefer for specific items.
About a year ago, I got a black coffee from Tims and McD, and added my own cream and sugar (in case they add different amounts). I was surprised how similar they were. They tasted pretty much exactly the same. Others that tried the test agreed. Overall there was a slight preference towards McD because it had a stronger/better smell. If you were drinking it black, maybe the differences would be more pronounced, but I personally don't like black coffee.

If you like one more than the other, I'd imagine it's either a placebo effect (/brand loyalty), or you prefer the amount of cream/sugar they use. Perhaps one uses slightly more than the other, which your palate prefers. Either way - the coffee itself is near identical. YouTube often 'prove' this as well. Most people can barely tell the difference when it comes to black coffee.

Note: If you visit at weird times, the coffee might get burnt. I went at peak times in the morning for both. Also, I get McD most of the time so I'm not pro-Tims or anything. I just don't think their coffee sucks, and I like their Ice Capps. lol
I drink my coffee black. And, from funny blind tastes i made with friends, I always choosen McD's coffee. Stronger, better. Same with Timmie's dark roast. I prefer McD's