Aug 19, 2010
1177 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
duckdown wrote:
Oct 19th, 2011 1:57 pm
My dog might enjoy that

+1

Talk about soium over load... I wouldn't doubt for a moment it is made by the same company as chef boyardee as it is premaid and pre packaged.... yucky!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
2881 posts
167 upvotes
It must be pretty bad if even a professional food photographer couldn't make it look any more appetizing than that.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3691 posts
103 upvotes
Sibica wrote:
Oct 19th, 2011 1:35 pm
I can't believe anyone even eats there to begin with...

Why not, whats wrong with their ham and swiss sandwich when you want a quick sandwich on the fly? Whats the difference between it and one you would get from the grocery store, for example? I'm really wondering, because I can't find one.

I love how everyones a health freak on the internet, yet half the country is obese. Something isn't right here...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
981 upvotes
N/A
zonetbh wrote:
Oct 19th, 2011 8:39 pm
Why not, whats wrong with their ham and swiss sandwich when you want a quick sandwich on the fly? Whats the difference between it and one you would get from the grocery store, for example? I'm really wondering, because I can't find one.

I love how everyones a health freak on the internet, yet half the country is obese. Something isn't right here...

+1
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2739 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
thepersianguy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2011 8:28 pm
tasted exactly like chef boyardee

noooooooooooooooo
chef boyardee is better
:D
FS/FT: none atm
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10454 posts
1984 upvotes
Nowhere
It doesn't even look like lasagna. I don't like restaurant lasagna as it can't come close to home made, that doesn't look like it even comes close to the typical restaurant crap.
Jun 4, 2010
81 posts
2 upvotes
Tim Hortons has TERRIBLE food photographers. I remember when they came out with their onion soup. It looked awful in their commercials. You would think they would try to make it look good but nope. Now they release lasagna and in the picture it looks like garbage too.
Gamertag: Puppet Doctor
PSN: ChocoDK
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1238 posts
115 upvotes
zonetbh wrote:
Oct 19th, 2011 8:39 pm
No difference. Except that the one I make at home costs a lot less. That's why I don't buy them from Tim's.

(That and I would use bread that wasn't so chewy. And real chicken, not the rubbery stuff.)

If I'm going to eat out, even fast food, then I want something I wouldn't have ordinarily made at home. That's why I like going for pho and shawarma, or onion rings (I don't deep fry at home), and less so about deli sandwiches and canned soup.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13200 posts
674 upvotes
It looks like crap...

To be fair, it isn't lasagna...as they said it is a casserole. Yes, one step up from a frozen dinner.

As for the sandwiches, they are ok. Was disappointing when they removed the eggs salad sandwich (is it back?). Also that they removed a cheese and veggie option. Used to be the only place I could get something that wasn't crap when driving in the nether realms...but today most grocery stores have a far better sandwhich and ready to eat section of healthy foods.
Dec 10, 2006
275 posts
33 upvotes
I used to be a big fan of Tim Horton's, but that was before I tried coffee elsewhere :lol:

You can get better food and coffee from other small coffee shops for just as cheap.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14553 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
thepersianguy wrote:
Oct 17th, 2011 8:28 pm
first of all it doesn't look anything like that picture. i had it today (i didn't pay and very happy i didn't!). tasted exactly like chef boyardee

Wouldn't surprise me if it was from the same factory but with the magic Tim Horton's labelling and packaging. I know at one point or another, they were serving the same soup you can get in the grocery stores; can't remember if it was Campbell's or Knorr. Basically they just add water and reconstitute it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2007
1157 posts
16 upvotes

This is exactly gourmet chef boyardee! Real lasagna has cheese! This lasagna casserole has no cheese in it whatsoever!

Name change required!! Pasta ... yes. Lasagna... a definite no!

This is pasta, sauce with meatballs, and a slice of garlic bread on the side for $4.xx, and the nerve of the employee to ask me if i'd like a drink with that.

Honestly, i'd much rather to eat chef boyardee. It's cheaper. I'm disappointed!
Jan 11, 2010
788 posts
22 upvotes
duckdown wrote:
Oct 19th, 2011 1:57 pm
My dog might enjoy that
They probably make this and his food in the same factory :cheesygri
Tim Hortons is ship people don't eat there don't drink anything there go to smaller places that make their own stuff.