Tags:
None
Banned
Aug 9, 2011
685 posts
334 upvotes
TORONTO
Is it microwaved like their donuts? :D
Tim Hortons food sucks. They serve the same stuff that can be found in your local grocery store.
The meat and cheeses taste like the pre-packaged MAPLE LEAF brand sliced deli meats and packaged cheeses. The chili is probably from Campbells. The breads are too soft and doughy. The donuts are too doughy. The coffee is crap. Still, millions eat there every day :D

I bet this product will fly off the shelves because it's something different for the HOR-NUTS to eat instead of sandwiches/donuts. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1175 posts
85 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Oct 20th, 2011 9:12 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if it was from the same factory but with the magic Tim Horton's labelling and packaging. I know at one point or another, they were serving the same soup you can get in the grocery stores; can't remember if it was Campbell's or Knorr. Basically they just add water and reconstitute it.

I believe that. One time I sat down at Tim's for a bowl of cream of mushroom soup. It had lumps in it... just like when I open a can at home.

No thanks.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17664 posts
789 upvotes
Brampton
dvdswapper wrote:
Oct 21st, 2011 1:43 pm
Is it microwaved like their donuts? :D
Tim Hortons food sucks. They serve the same stuff that can be found in your local grocery store.
The meat and cheeses taste like the pre-packaged MAPLE LEAF brand sliced deli meats and packaged cheeses. The chili is probably from Campbells. The breads are too soft and doughy. The donuts are too doughy. The coffee is crap. Still, millions eat there every day :D

I bet this product will fly off the shelves because it's something different for the HOR-NUTS to eat instead of sandwiches/donuts. :cheesygri

lol @ "hor-nuts"

thats funny
Discord: ZAvMRrc
Dec 21, 2008
58 posts
Tim Horton's coffee is cheap compared to Starbuck's, and my previous co-workers alway went there to grab a coffee before work. I don't know whether it was because they liked the coffee there or because it was the only coffee shop near to where we work.

But...yeah, the coffee isn't that great. But it isn't terrible either. Much better than Coffee Time's Coffee imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1239 posts
118 upvotes
Red Deer
cheapgeek wrote:
Oct 21st, 2011 2:07 am
They probably make this and his food in the same factory :cheesygri
Tim Hortons is ship people don't eat there don't drink anything there go to smaller places that make their own stuff.

We have a Purina dog food plant in town,and Timmies their Lasgna smells just like the dog food plant. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3808 posts
1075 upvotes
Calgary
I decided to try it (eating it right now actually). You know how sometimes you try something that others throw their noses at and turns out to be one of those meals that only you secretly enjoy but you are still happy (like their chili or french onion soup)? This isn't one of them. Chef Boyardee's lasagna is actually slightly better, but I bet if you did a blind taste test no one would be able to tell the difference. Actually you can because the meat in Tim Hortons lasagna has some inedible rubbery chunks.

If you want the Tim Horton's experience, open up a can of Chef Boyardee lasagna, throw about 5 flakes of ricotta cheese in it, put it in the microwave but wait 10-15 min to simulate the Tim Hortons trademark lineup, then throw 4.49$ out of the balcony.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
259 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Oct 20th, 2011 9:12 pm
Wouldn't surprise me if it was from the same factory but with the magic Tim Horton's labelling and packaging. I know at one point or another, they were serving the same soup you can get in the grocery stores; can't remember if it was Campbell's or Knorr. Basically they just add water and reconstitute it.

This lasagna comes from Nestlé food service, as does TH soups.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)