Food & Drink

Tim Hortons Changing Cup Sizes Next Week!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2012 6:41 pm
Tags:
92 replies
Banned
Jan 4, 2005
4949 posts
1557 upvotes
Laval

the funny thing is that they always short change when they do a short pour....which always gets me upset..they should put a level line in the inside of the cup..

;)
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11948 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
i heard from a timmy's employee that the price is the same for the same sizes that are currently available.. They are bringing in a larger size that will cost more..

small - same price - same amount
medium - same price - same amount
large - same price - same amount
XL - new price - new amount

maybe she's wrong :-0

edit: yeah the above picture sums it up.. nothing has changed. prices are the same for the same amount. It's only the name that changed.. welcome to canada
[OP]
Jul 12, 2009
380 posts
464 upvotes
Decile wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:39 pm
Does this hot? It does not. :confused:

For the addicts, I think so. I own a Tassimo, so I rarely drink Timmies unless im out with friends.
Aug 16, 2011
583 posts
247 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Anything involving Tim Horton is not hot.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7642 posts
798 upvotes
Decile wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:39 pm
Does this hot? It does not. :confused:

Yeah, more bad coffee for the same price is still bad coffee.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1054 posts
610 upvotes
livemink wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:35 pm
Not super hot, but at least you're getting more for the same price.
No you're not... For example: The old "large" is the new "medium", but the new medium is still the same price as the old large. Just the names have changed. You're getting the same amount of coffee for the same price as before. I've confirmed this with Tim Hortons on Twitter.

Nothing to see here people... Time to close the thread.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12166 posts
277 upvotes
its the same price for the equal amount of coffee. so the new small is the same price as the old medium
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2009
380 posts
464 upvotes
... new XL size and price, so the old XL is now a L- for the price of a large according to my understanding. So yea you get more for the same price...

habsfan321 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:42 pm
No you're not... For example: The old "large" is the new "medium", but the new medium is still the same price as the old large. Just the names have changed. You're getting the same amount of coffee for the same price.

Nothing to see here people...
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18557 posts
498 upvotes
Montreal
You guys have it all wrong....

Next week when you order your medium coffe that you've always ordered, you will be getting and paying for what the 'old' large is. So, if you want your same medium coffee, you'll have to order a small, to get the same price, and same size as what you used to.

So, all thsoe who think "Tim horton's is sooo great, giving us more free coffee..." you're dead wrong. They're doing quite the opposite. It's a marketing and sales tactic. Ordering a "small" coffee doesn't sound very filling, or appealing, hence why you will prob order a medium or large, which in reality means you're getting a large or extra large. Smart marketing by timmies.
Feb 4, 2005
62 posts
3 upvotes
livemink wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:35 pm
Price of a Medium Double Double is going to be a Large Double Double size.

I think you've got it wrong. They are just changing the name. Say if you order a Medium now and pay X dollars for it, after the change, you have to order a Small to get the same amount of coffee and pay the same amount X. If you order a Medium(after change), you'll instead get a Large(before change) and pay the price of a Large(before change). At least that's how I understand it.

So really no savings.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2009
380 posts
464 upvotes
"The prices for each cup size will not change, just their names."

So a medium is still a medium price... just bigger? no?
najibs wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:44 pm
You guys have it all wrong....

Next week when you order your medium coffe that you've always ordered, you will be getting and paying for what the 'old' large is. So, if you want your same medium coffee, you'll have to order a small, to get the same price, and same size as what you used to.

So, all thsoe who think "Tim horton's is sooo great, giving us more free coffee..." you're dead wrong. They're doing quite the opposite. It's a marketing and sales tactic. Ordering a "small" coffee doesn't sound very filling, or appealing, hence why you will prob order a medium or large, which in reality means you're getting a large or extra large. Smart marketing by timmies.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
11948 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
livemink wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 7:46 pm
"The prices for each cup size will not change, just their names."

So a medium is still a medium ... just bigger? no?

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1498 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
Way to promote obesity,
The American way
× < >