Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Free Reusable Cup Giveaway on March 10 (SUSPENDED)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 6:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1704 posts
4603 upvotes

[Tim Hortons] Free Reusable Cup Giveaway on March 10 (SUSPENDED)

Free Reusable Cup Giveaway on March 10
To kick off the month-long contest, starting on March 10 Tim Hortons will give out 1.8 million reusable hot beverage cups** for free. This is being done as part of Tim Hortons 10-year commitment to change consumer perceptions and habits towards using reusable cups.

Millions of Exciting Prizes to be Won

Over 17 million coffee and food prizes, including NEW Dream Donuts
45,000 $25 TimCards
200 Samsung 55” NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TVs
150$1,000 CIBC Prepaid Cards
100 40,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles – enough for a trip for two
10 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric or Hybrid Vehicles
NEW four draws of $100,000 – see details below
Please Play Again is Replaced with 4 x $100,000 Draws

Tim Hortons has retired the idea of Please Play Again. Guests who don’t win a prize when revealing a digital roll will be entered into one of four $100,000 draws. To be eligible, guests must scan their registered Tims Rewards card when purchasing a hot beverage and reveal a non-winning digital roll. Paper cups that do not reveal a prize will encourage guests to use the Tim Hortons app next time for their chance to win $100,000.

How to Download and Use the App

Download the Tim Hortons app
Register your Tims Rewards card number on the app
Buy a hot beverage and scan the app or card at the time of purchase
Rolls on the app will appear in a guest’s Tim Hortons mobile app or online account
Last edited by hill15 on Mar 6th, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Tim Hortons has suspended the use of reusable cups over COVID-19 fears.

The company is also delaying the distribution of 1.8 million reusable cups, planned to be given away on March 10 as prizes in its Roll Up the Rim contest.

“For any guest that brings a reusable cup to our restaurants and purchases a hot beverage scanning their Tims Rewards card or app, we will honour the three digital rolls described in our campaign, however, the guest will be provided their beverage in a recyclable paper cup,” Tim Hortons said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4841678
140 replies
Oct 12, 2016
791 posts
224 upvotes
So purchase necessary to get reusable cup?
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2322 posts
1512 upvotes
Prince George
Overall the promotion is a downgrade this year - ~$30M in prizes vs $70M last year. But extra entries for reusable cups is interesting.
Sep 20, 2018
387 posts
395 upvotes
Montreal
Sounds like im hitting up a tims on March 10th
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10352 posts
2916 upvotes
Would love a cup and I want to get in the habit of using it too. Would love to see Tims offer a discounted price on coffee for using.

Disposable cups are terrible for the environment.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
4825 posts
1353 upvotes
GTEH!
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Overall the promotion is a downgrade this year - ~$30M in prizes vs $70M last year. But extra entries for reusable cups is interesting.
Sounds like TH is substituting "free reusable cups" for prizes. *shrugs*
😎
Nov 10, 2011
357 posts
303 upvotes
St. Catharines
Free Cup on March 10, Roll up the Rim starts March 11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Jul 26, 2018
706 posts
823 upvotes
Canada, eh?
*Gets the reusable hot beverage cup
*Takes it to the McDonalds down the block.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10352 posts
2916 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Sounds like TH is substituting "free reusable cups" for prizes. *shrugs*
Over 17 million coffee and food prizes, including NEW Dream Donuts
45,000 $25 TimCards
200 Samsung 55” NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TVs
150$1,000 CIBC Prepaid Cards
100 40,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles – enough for a trip for two
10 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric or Hybrid Vehicles
NEW four draws of $100,000 – see details below
Please Play Again is Replaced with 4 x $100,000 Draws
Aug 18, 2016
212 posts
236 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Would love a cup and I want to get in the habit of using it too. Would love to see Tims offer a discounted price on coffee for using.

Disposable cups are terrible for the environment.
They do offer a discount for using reusable cups. I fill my thermos there on occasion and it is lower price. Not too mention they charge me for med size and I get at least as much as their large. Some places piss me off because they actually make a coffee in one of their cups and pour into my thermos. Kinda defeats the purpose, I still get discount, but they are wasting cup for nothing. when asked they say for sanitary reasons...
Nov 10, 2011
357 posts
303 upvotes
St. Catharines
williamsauga wrote: Plastic cup?
Probably will find out when we get it. For free, I'd guess so. I'll be sticking with my current stainless thermal mug (but I'll probably go for the freebie anyway, maybe my wife will like it). Which (for some reason) reminds me that I need to clean my mug.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Oct 26, 2012
740 posts
976 upvotes
Man I feel like good luck to whoever tries. Timmies is way more busy than Starbucks and opens way earlier in most locations and the Starbucks cups run out in the first couple hours of opening
May 6, 2016
237 posts
71 upvotes
Leask
Cupboard full of Yeti for the family after the last sportcheck/triangle MC sale. We do have starbucks plastic lid and cup set and tossed all the contigo and timmies plastic mugs we had collected over the years.
cpfan wrote: Probably will find out when we get it. For free, I'd guess so. I'll be sticking with my current stainless thermal mug (but I'll probably go for the freebie anyway, maybe my wife will like it). Which (for some reason) reminds me that I need to clean my mug.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)