Tim Hortons hikes prices, plans expansion into Spain

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 5:12 am
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1890 posts
662 upvotes
Scarborough
I really don't enjoy their coffee unless I am desperate, their donuts are frozen and getting smaller, their breakfast is overpriced and pure salt, their lunch isn't terrible, but really I see no reason to go there whatsoever. Tim's, you have been replaced by a combination of Tassimo and instant coffee. Yes, instant coffee is better than yours. What happened? I remember falling in love with your coffee in college, you've been replaced.
Aug 22, 2014
938 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skinnydoggy wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 1:18 pm
d'oops sorry for the double post
You should be able to delete the duplicate (click the trash icon on the bottom right of the post).
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26278 posts
6097 upvotes
GTHA
Tim Hortons owner posts weak sales amid ongoing franchisee revolt
“While RBI continues to be profitable, the same cannot be said for Tim Hortons franchisees,” according to David Hughes, president of the Great White North Franchisee Association

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... 7324b52cdc
Feb 22, 2009
306 posts
237 upvotes
Whitby
what they should do it lower the price of coffee if you have a reusable mug. green and sends a good message.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3350 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
dyalect wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:44 am
what they should do it lower the price of coffee if you have a reusable mug. green and sends a good message.
http://sustainabilityreport.timhortons. ... estaurants
guests are also provided with a 10 cent discount when they bring in their own travel mug for hot beverage refills.
Not really green unless you walk there though.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3350 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
If your leisure time is worth $11 an hour (some people might find waiting in line relaxing), than every minute you save is 18 cents. So if you use the new Tim Hortons app to order ahead and are able to skip the payment line, Tim Hortons just go cheaper. Although if you use the time savings to stay seated longer. and sitting down is bad for you, maybe Tim Hortons just got more expensive.

By the way, you don't need data on your phone to use the app, wifi wherever will do. The estimated time of arrival the app provides (you can switch between car and foot), is when your order will be ready. Unfortunately you can't place more than one order at a time for different locations.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4734 posts
401 upvotes
Scarborough
the part about falling/low quality and ever-shrinking donuts and muffins is true. Can't believe the donuts are so small compared to many other chains or stores.
cheapest coffee being offered which is lukewarm at best, gets cold within minutes even in hot summer weather

I'm so glad I invested in a good thermos years ago and don't need to lineup for that garbage. Save time and money.
Can't believe there's still so many people lined up daily for garbage fastfood which shrinks and sees a price increase every few months.

Wish we had more competition in Canada though....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7923 posts
423 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know the price of the sausage/egg on a biscuit price? The only thing I'll buy there and it's been so long. I'm craving it now lol

Thanks

P.S. I will have to wait until the morning
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3350 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
trellaine201 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 7:00 pm
Does anyone know the price of the sausage/egg on a biscuit price?
Using the new Tim Hortons app (not to be confused with TimmyMe), you can check the prices during times when the product is available (ie, mornings).

Is August any size $1 coffee at McDonald's country wide? I've dramatically cut down on my Tim Hortons visits as a result. Wait times at McDonald's are significant though. Even by skipping the line and using the order kiosks, you still have to wait for them to poor your coffee, and they seem to go in order. Twice now they've deleted my order from "Now serving", so I've had to go up to to counter, ask about my order, and then wait. Argh! I'm almost looking forwards to September so I can go back to Tim Hortons.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1097 posts
706 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If only 10 cents increase on all hot beverage and breakfast menu items then it's still acceptable
Oct 28, 2012
612 posts
85 upvotes
EDMONTON
Good thing I only eat their shit if someone bring them to me for free.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3468 posts
1366 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
apnayloags wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 7:30 pm
the part about falling/low quality and ever-shrinking donuts and muffins is true. Can't believe the donuts are so small compared to many other chains or stores.
cheapest coffee being offered which is lukewarm at best, gets cold within minutes even in hot summer weather

I'm so glad I invested in a good thermos years ago and don't need to lineup for that garbage. Save time and money.
Can't believe there's still so many people lined up daily for garbage fastfood which shrinks and sees a price increase every few months.

Wish we had more competition in Canada though....
The only way they will ever win me back as a customer is if they stop bringing in the premade frozen donut crap and become an actual donut shop again. I can't stand what they have become. They used to be good in the 80s and early 90s (I never had them before the 80s as they weren't in Victoria before then, and I lived in Victoria until a few years ago).
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2315 posts
149 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 11:18 pm
The price hike is the second in three years. When Tim Hortons first opened in Hamilton in 1964, a cup of coffee cost 10 cents.
A cup of good quality coffee for 10 freaking cents. Pretty nice value back then.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4611 posts
823 upvotes
Markham
One of the only things I buy at Tim Hortons is the apple fritter. A couple of weeks ago, it was 99 cents or $1.05 after tax.

I went yesterday only to find out they increased the price by 20 percent to $1.19 or $1.25 after tax.

Booooo. Gotta look for a new cheap deal now. Gonna boycott them for the rest of 2017!
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3350 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
gr8dlr wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:52 pm
I went yesterday only to find out they increased the price by 20 percent to $1.19 or $1.25 after tax.
That sucks. Still a buck plus tax here in Moncton. In Bangor Maine they charge US$1.19 (C$1.52 ) plus tax!

You can use the app to find a cheaper Tim Hortons location. Notwithstanding Moncton, usually cheaper in competitive environments.

Edit: Using the app I just tried a dozen Ontario locations. You might have to go to to the province of Quebec. How do you like them apples. Ha!

Not just apple fritters but donuts as well! And even tax free 6 packs are now $5.99 in Ontario but only $5.59 in Quebec and New Brunswick. A rather shocking difference in Ottawa-Gatineau. If you have a bus pass, and plenty of free time, you could make a healthy profit reselling Quebec donuts on Rideau Street. ;)

Edit:
So it is tiered pricing in Ontario and Alberta only. Boston Cream now counts as a “specialty donut” and is $1.19 in those provinces. Presumably other provinces will follow.