Off Topic Archive

Locked: Tim Horton's Open Christmas Day?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2005 10:51 am
Tags:
None
Feb 11, 2003
139 posts

Tim Horton's Open Christmas Day?

Not sure whether this should be in OT or Food & Drink, so I put it here.

I noticed at my local Tim Horton's that they are having the drive through open on Christmas Day. In the past, I've noticed that they shut down on the eve of the 24th and open again on Boxing Day. I checked their website and there is no discussion of holiday hours. Does anybody know if this is an individual store decision or should most of the stores be open?

Thanks, PPD
Share:
8 replies
Nov 28, 2003
326 posts
YVR
well, call each and every tim horton's that you might/plan to visit and find out. i'm sure some locations have different hours of operation or even closed.
[OP]
Feb 11, 2003
139 posts
Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. I was just wondering if anybody knew whether they had changed their policy nationwide.
Nov 16, 2004
275 posts
I am guessing that that was an individual store decision. The Tim's near me are all closing at 3 pm on Christmas Eve and are staying closed for Christmas. They reopen on Boxing Day. I am happy for their employees.
Maybe if a Tim's had alot of non-Christian staff they might decide to stay open- if someone's not celebrating they'd probably want the extra money. Or if they had alot of non-Christian customers who'd want their coffee fix that day...
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4609 posts
72 upvotes
Winnipeg
postpurchasedissonance wrote:Not sure whether this should be in OT or Food & Drink, so I put it here.

I noticed at my local Tim Horton's that they are having the drive through open on Christmas Day. In the past, I've noticed that they shut down on the eve of the 24th and open again on Boxing Day. I checked their website and there is no discussion of holiday hours. Does anybody know if this is an individual store decision or should most of the stores be open?

Thanks, PPD

You going to be doing your Christmas shopping at Tim Horton's?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
3399 posts
72 upvotes
i know for a fact that a few in oshawa are open for christmas day, sucks for the people who work there, all though i'm sure they will be compensated nicely
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
1162 posts
2 upvotes
so guys, did your neigborhood tim horton's open on Christmas day??
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10464 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
Nope, ours were closed for the day.
- Absolute
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
7816 posts
215 upvotes
Hamilton
Absolute wrote:Nope, ours were closed for the day.
is tim hortons opened new years day???
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
× < >