• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 9:04 am
27 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
I read an article some days ago that people were slamming the company on social media for calling this "poutine" a few days after it launched. They just were not selling enough of the wedges and needed some other vehicle to push them, that's my take on it anyway. No particular interest in trying it given the half-assed attempt and poor reviews.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not much of a wedge fry fan myself, but if they were to use St. Albert cheese curds I'd be more encouraged to give it a try.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Aug 12, 2012
878 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Tim Hortons doesn't exactly scream 'quality', so I can't imagine this being remotely decent.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
They gave out samples at Adelaide and Bay yesterday. Pretty tasty. I would definitely buy it for $4.39. It's real cheese curds(However, I saw some blogs mentioning it wasn't real cheese curds...maybe location dependent?). Gravy goes well with the wedges.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
I don't like wedgy..I prefer fries...
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
494 upvotes
Rockwood
To call this poutine is wrong.

Hard pass from me.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Tim hortons is toast.. McCafé will take away their biz.. just like timmies killed off coffee time.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Those wedges are awful
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
3749 posts
849 upvotes
I concur, I had one couple days ago and it was not that good. Those wedges are terrible.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
The advertisement says they are wedge fries. I think they are baked or fried and frozen off site then re-heated at the Hortons store, just like their breakfast stuff.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
I’ve never had the poutine but I’ve had the wedges. Not sure why people are saying they’re terible? They tasted pretty good?

I mean I’d rather have McDonald’s French fried but they were better than Burger King fries and hero burger fries. Hero burger fries have been the worst I’ve ever had, they’re soggy. I’m not even sure how they cook them
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9928 posts
7092 upvotes
Mississauga
The crusade to get rid of trans fats has meant that fried foods just aren’t as good anymore. McDonalds seems to have figured it out for the most part. But KFC, Burger King, Harvey’s fries all pretty much suck now. No flavour, weird mouthfeel.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
Smiley22 wrote: I don't like wedgy..I prefer fries...
i much prefer fries to wedgies as well.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1104 posts
372 upvotes
Poutine is NOT health food. Its FRIES fried in oil, cheese and Gravy.

Spin it an way you want there is 0% chance this is any good. Timmies has no deep fryers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
superizzy wrote: Poutine is NOT health food. Its FRIES fried in oil, cheese and Gravy.

Spin it an way you want there is 0% chance this is any good. Timmies has no deep fryers.
Who said anything about it being healthy? Tim Hortons sucks balls and has ever since they stopped making donuts - so I will assume this poutine is nowhere near as good as others too.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
I like the wedges. I'd eat that. Actually, I want to eat that right now. Can somebody bring me one? lol
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2637 posts
1353 upvotes
CANADA
A good poutine has fresh curds that squeek. I doubt Timmies gets fresh curds delivered daily.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)