Shopping Discussion

Tim Hortons Rewards Changes

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2022 9:39 am
Feb 24, 2020
11 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
GoodFellaz wrote: same here got the update yesterday morning but i was playing around with the reward,s which one is the default selection? the coffee (70 points)? i cant remember
I, too, have been moved to the points system and was presented with double point collection for a limited time. All that was required was manually choosing a reward option under the "Rewards" > "Redeem" tab in the iOS app. I think tea/coffeee was defuault, however, I chose to bank my rewards so I can take advantage of the extra points, during the promo period. Not sure if this is nation-wide or not...
Oh, you think the deals are your ally? You merely adopted the deal. I was born in it. Molded by it.

YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUik3 ... etUq4EkGgA
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8520 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
i wasnt targeted but i heard another member on here said they had the double point limited time thingy too
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8520 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
i got targeted yesterday woot woot
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Dec 29, 2019
559 posts
218 upvotes
When placing a mobile order there is an option for them to start preparing your order now, 5 minutes,10 minutes, 15 minutes or 20 minutes. Has anybody tried doing this to see when it counts down to refresh your 30 minute wait period to reorder for more points?

If I place my lunch order for 20 minutes at noon will it gives points at noon and let me reorder a coffee at 12:31 and get points again?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4684 posts
24739 upvotes
Canada
For the Sandwich Rewards level for 220 points, can you redeem for a free 12" sandwich?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
shoppingguy wrote: For the Sandwich Rewards level for 220 points, can you redeem for a free 12" sandwich?
Necro'd thread aside, Timmy's doesn't have different sandwich sizes. At least not in BC.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9924 posts
7087 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the sandwiches are all the same size in Ontario as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4684 posts
24739 upvotes
Canada
Tim Hortons Rewards Program Changes - Feb 2023

Starting on February 21, 2023, at 12:00:01am ET, Tims Rewards members will earn 1 point (for registered members) or 1 qualified point (for unregistered members) as applicable per $0.10 spent on eligible purchases at participating restaurants in Canada. As a result, Tims Rewards members will earn 10 points per dollar spent under the new program, rather than a fixed 10 points per eligible purchase (with a minimum spend of $0.50) under the previous program. Standard rounding will apply, and a minimum spend of $0.10 will be required - excluding applicable taxes, fees, and any excluded items, and after any applicable rewards or other discounts are applied.

Link: https://www.timhortons.ca/newtimsrewards
Dec 29, 2019
559 posts
218 upvotes
Basically you would have to spend $180 at Tim Hortons to be able to redeem for a free breakfast wrap which 1,800 points under the new rewards. WTF!

This new rewards thing is going to suck.
Sep 11, 2009
367 posts
530 upvotes
GTA
Sounds to me like Timmies is trying to push away those customers that still continue to buy their overpriced low quality fare Winking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1659 posts
1227 upvotes
London, On
CanadianChick39 wrote: Basically you would have to spend $180 at Tim Hortons to be able to redeem for a free breakfast wrap which 1,800 points under the new rewards. WTF!

This new rewards thing is going to suck.
I guess it depends on what you are spending per trip now at 10 points per transaction (no matter the dollar value of each transaction) to see whether the new plan is a plus or minus for you. Does someone only have a wrap when they have had 18 coffees and get it free? I would think someone saving their points for food already buys food and hate the fact they still only get 10 points. So to that person, only spending $180 for a freebie is an improvement over the 18 visits they have to make now. (I'm assuming it's 180 for a wrap). Seems to me they are rewarding their higher dollar spenders, which makes sense to me.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1157 posts
824 upvotes
Scarborough
CanadianChick39 wrote: When placing a mobile order there is an option for them to start preparing your order now, 5 minutes,10 minutes, 15 minutes or 20 minutes. Has anybody tried doing this to see when it counts down to refresh your 30 minute wait period to reorder for more points?

If I place my lunch order for 20 minutes at noon will it gives points at noon and let me reorder a coffee at 12:31 and get points again?
Yep, tried it. It gives the points 20 mins later. Basically the order does not show up at the store until the designated time, so it takes that (20 min later) time as the basis.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1659 posts
1227 upvotes
London, On
monkimajikalle wrote: Sounds to me like Timmies is trying to push away those customers that still continue to buy their overpriced low quality fare Winking Face
The people buying the overpriced low quality fare are the ones getting screwed under the current system and will benefit under the new system. The once daily coffee or tea drinker is the one getting screwed. But if someone is already willing to sit in a drive thru line for a coffee, they will continue to do so whether they get a free one every 7 visits or every 20 visits. The guy buying food can go to a million other drive thru's but if the fact they are getting some perceived value in loyalty points, that might pull them into the Timmy's line one or 2 times more over the McDonalds line, because the current program doesn't have any value to the food buyer.