Food & Drink

Tim Horton's Rewards - How to Bank Rewards without using them?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 1:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3044 posts
672 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

Tim Horton's Rewards - How to Bank Rewards without using them?

I go to Tim Horton's often. I have the App, my wife uses the physical card. When I get 7 purchases it shows 1 banked reward. Before, I used to be able to Bank a few rewards but now when i have one, and I scan my bar code on the app the store tells me it automatically uses the banked reward if its there. whats the point of banking if the stores cant let you save it for later? i swear something changed it was never like this? the store said they have no control when i scan my bar code to count as a purchase or a redemption, i find that difficult to believe.
Hi
10 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11546 posts
2071 upvotes
I don't know if anything changed, but I do know you can bank (and keep banking) if you only make purchases within the app. The second you try to make a purchase outside the app, then it automatically redeems. This has been my experience the last few months.

That auto redeeming can get annoying because the location close to my work sometimes doesn't connect to the app. It's been happening a lot recently during the morning rush.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3044 posts
672 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
so then that is the change? i used line up at our cafeteria and make a purchase in person and bank the reward, now when i have 7 rewards it auto redeems it and i cant over ride it
Hi
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3015 posts
1110 upvotes
Scarborough
Only thing I can think of is purchasing something that isn't redeemable through a reward, so for example breakfast sandwich or something. That will bypass the reward and give you an extra point.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2163 posts
957 upvotes
Victoria
I’ve always been forced to redeem unless I order with the app.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3044 posts
672 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
MaxPower19 wrote: I’ve always been forced to redeem unless I order with the app.
strange, maybe it worked before
Hi
Jan 7, 2020
13 posts
2 upvotes
In order to bank, you must only use the app or else it’ll use your reward automatically. Silly system. App needs a ton of work
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3044 posts
672 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
i do use the app only, i just said that in my first post. my wife uses the physical card. anyways i bought chilli and it banked my reward, but thats cus chilli can not be redeemed as an award. they need to fix this
Hi

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)