Shopping Discussion

Tim Horton's Steeped Tea - Removed from Menu??

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2008 9:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 6, 2007
30 posts
Toronto

Tim Horton's Steeped Tea - Removed from Menu??

Tim Horton's has apparently pulled their Steeped Tea from their menu. My guess is there is something wrong with it since I was told it was temporary.

Does anyone know anything about this?
27 replies
Apr 25, 2008
3 posts
BC
Really? Huh, I had no idea, I was there the other day and saw the poster promoting it, I wonder if it's everywhere or in just some areas. I like the tea, I'm not much of a coffee person so I'd be a little disappointed if they lost it. Though I do love the french vanilla hot smoothie :)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12495 posts
595 upvotes
thats a good thing cause their steeped tea tastes like crap
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Nov 27, 2004
102 posts
7 upvotes
Maybe it is location specific? Because I have been ordering steeped tea from Tim Hortons for the whole week. I hope there isn't anything wrong with their steeped tea.
Banned
Feb 11, 2008
174 posts
Now that TH is a public company they have to all kinds of crazy things to try and "increase shareholder value" :rolleyes:

All the wacky themes like Maple flavours, Pumpkin flavor, whatever. A spashly expensive ad campaign, never heard of again. People just want coffee and doughnuts.
[OP]
Jun 6, 2007
30 posts
Toronto
I drove to 3 in the Toronto West area and none of them were serving it, even though it was still posted on the menu. They all said they were told not to serve it anymore as of Friday. Just weird.
Feb 17, 2005
674 posts
40 upvotes
Siefer999 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2008 3:23 am
thats a good thing cause their steeped tea tastes like crap

it tasted like when you left a tea bag in a cup for too long....
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11978 posts
1839 upvotes
London
dude, that is totally not steeped!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7318 posts
804 upvotes
GTA
I didn't know they had pulled steeped tea. I also wonder if it is all the locations and why? Personally I tried it once and didn't like it. I don't like strong tea at all and this was way too strong for me. I don't buy tea from Tim's anymore. They used to charge the same for all sizes (since tea is just hot water) but once they added steeped tea, that all changed. It would be one thing if it was better, but it isn't (just my opinion).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1392 posts
3 upvotes
Boy, i really miss those steeped commercials.

They were right up there with the diamond shreddie for the worst.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1369 posts
12 upvotes
LOL

So my friends and I were on a mission tonight.
5 Different locations (all within <2KM) and bonus of laughing at peeps that are waiting for the bus.

2 Said - Out Of stock
1 Said - Machine broken (revisited after we found the truth)
2 Said - Pulled of menu ... err.. not in stock.

Here's the scoop.

We pulled up to one and he said pull up to the counter - We talked to him. Apparently the Steeped Tea has been recalled ALL across Canada due to improper mixture. Apparently the steeped bag herbs or whatever you call them were inproperly mixed which made it taste like ass (like when you leave a bag in for too long) - Every single timmies are being very tight lipped about it - Everybody is using the excuse not in stock - ********. Soooo that's the scoop... I asked if there's anything wrong with it that could pose a health issue - He didn't respond. lol

In any case. We revisisted the timmies that said their machine was broken - I told her we know the truth - She's like ... Oh rly? ... So i told her about the recall - Mixture etc - she's like.. So now you now. What else can I get for you.

So the story sounds legit.
Go Polska!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1369 posts
12 upvotes
stevethewheel wrote:
Apr 26th, 2008 11:35 am
Likely it was just not selling enough. I'll miss the silly commercials....
Buzzz. Wrong. Its a growing trend. There's a lot more people drinking steeped tea. For instance -We go for coffee runs at work all the time - Steeped teas has surpassed coffees by a long shot now.
Go Polska!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4131 posts
59 upvotes
Cambridge
Instagator wrote:
Apr 26th, 2008 10:49 pm
Buzzz. Wrong. Its a growing trend. There's a lot more people drinking steeped tea. For instance -We go for coffee runs at work all the time - Steeped teas has surpassed coffees by a long shot now.
Well that's easier now that we know about the recall.

I'm glad it's not pulled for good. Yay for steepid commercials.