Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 5:20 pm
Jul 25, 2018
718 posts
1154 upvotes
Milton, ON
Thanks OP for posting. Too bad Tim's has gone downhill since 3G Capital bought them out or else I'd be all over their loyalty program..
Aug 6, 2018
32 posts
30 upvotes
I got the digital card online, but can't seem to get it to transfer to My Wallet, even though it says you can. I read somewhere else that I'm not the only one having this problem. Anyone figure out how to fix it? I don't want to keep the Tim Hortons app b/c I don't go often.
Jun 7, 2017
932 posts
2418 upvotes
New Brunswick
Semschette wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:19 pm
I got the digital card online, but can't seem to get it to transfer to My Wallet, even though it says you can. I read somewhere else that I'm not the only one having this problem. Anyone figure out how to fix it? I don't want to keep the Tim Hortons app b/c I don't go often.
You have to sign in on the site on your phone, then it shows a link to add to Apple Wallet / Google Pay:

https://www.timhortons.com/timsrewards/
between wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:07 pm
The deal I am mentioning is you get one free reward instantly when you register the physical card. Without the physical card, you don't get this extra "bonus"
If you go to log in on the site above, it mentions this deal; so I think you can skip the physical card
Jun 21, 2016
185 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
between wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:34 pm
How did you register the card? Did you do it in the app as described in the steps here :
1) Click settings (the three horizontal stripes on the top left)
2) click Tims Rewards
3) input your card number, press submit

After this, where you see you have 1/7, there is a small icon on the top right showing 1 reward
Yup, I did exactly that. Oh! I see it now! Hehehe thanks!
Not discounted over 50%? Then I guess it's not worth buying 😁
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1845 posts
486 upvotes
Calgary
Updated my app last night, scanned the rewards barcode from my phone this morning. Just checked and I have one reward to redeem.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
332 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Just went back to Tim Hortons to test how this promo works. I registered a new card and you only get the reward after the first purchase. So I've confirmed that you can make the purchase either before registering or after. I've updated the first post with screenshots.

You only need the physical card for the bonus offer (one instant free reward). However, if you don't want the hassle, you can just get a digital card instead.
Aug 11, 2009
120 posts
27 upvotes
Am I wrong in the rules on this program. For instance, with McDonalds you get a sticker for each coffee you buy. Seems like the Tims reward system is based on visits. So if I go in and buy 1 coffee or buy 10 coffees, it counts as 1. Am I wrong on this? If this is true, that means that we are getting screwed on orders of more than 1 coffee.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3863 posts
369 upvotes
cisco911 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:46 pm
Am I wrong in the rules on this program. For instance, with McDonalds you get a sticker for each coffee you buy. Seems like the Tims reward system is based on visits. So if I go in and buy 1 coffee or buy 10 coffees, it counts as 1. Am I wrong on this? If this is true, that means that we are getting screwed on orders of more than 1 coffee.
How is a rewards program screwing you over? It's not the best, but it's better than nothing.

Yes, it's dependent on how many times you go, not what you buy. If you go for your morning coffee 7 times, your coffee or donut on the 8th trip is free. If you go for a soup and sandwich 7 times, they'll give you a free coffee or donut on the 8th trip.
Proud member of SENS Army
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
BranCracker wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:48 pm
I wish they would've pulled a McDonald's and gave us retroactive rewards; too much to ask I guess lol
This is Tim Horton's you're talking about. They'll rather give you toilet water than real coffee.

If they could replace the employees with robots they would
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 11, 2009
120 posts
27 upvotes
mself084 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:52 pm
How is a rewards program screwing you over? It's not the best, but it's better than nothing.

Yes, it's dependent on how many times you go, not what you buy. If you go for your morning coffee 7 times, your coffee or donut on the 8th trip is free. If you go for a soup and sandwich 7 times, they'll give you a free coffee or donut on the 8th trip.
What I mean by screwed is that someone that is spending more is getting the same benefit as someone spending less. For instance, if you buy 2 coffees every morning for you and your significant other. That is $4 (for 2 large coffees). Now i go and buy myself a coffee every morning just for me $2. So in a week we will both have reached our 1 reward. However, I have spent $14 and you have spent $28. That is not exactly a fair exchange.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1900 posts
1848 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
cisco911 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:46 pm
You are right, it counts as just 1, if you spend 50 cents or 1 billion dollars on 1 visit, it counts as 1 only. If you do a separate order, u get a second point, then 3rd order u get your 3rd point.. But to prevent people from buying 1 coffee, then buying 1 donut, then another coffee.. They implemented a 30 minute cool down before you can get another point between orders. Or could you imagine the abuse and lineups lol.

Reminds me of Cletus from the Simpsons, getting 300 free pretzels for his kids lol.

Last edited by junglemage666 on Mar 20th, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2015
77 posts
39 upvotes
cisco911 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:59 pm
What I mean by screwed is that someone that is spending more is getting the same benefit as someone spending less. For instance, if you buy 2 coffees every morning for you and your significant other. That is $4 (for 2 large coffees). Now i go and buy myself a coffee every morning just for me $2. So in a week we will both have reached our 1 reward. However, I have spent $14 and you have spent $28. That is not exactly a fair exchange.
So get 2 cards. One for you and your other. Ring in two transactions separately. Third world problem solved!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1900 posts
1848 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Molly63 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:05 pm
So get 2 cards. One for you and your other. Ring in two transactions separately. Third world problem solved!
You beautiful genius you, I didn't even think about that ahahahahahaha