Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 5:20 pm
Jun 18, 2018
730 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Molly63 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:05 pm
So get 2 cards. One for you and your other. Ring in two transactions separately. Third world problem solved!
LOL that's what I was thinking since there is no barrier to getting more than one card. If you don't care about being the weirdo to line up again after ordering, then go for it.
Sep 19, 2007
386 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
Picked up a card in store, it doesn't seem to let me register the card to my account on the website or mobile app...
Jun 1, 2015
77 posts
39 upvotes
Electrah wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:31 pm
LOL that's what I was thinking since there is no barrier to getting more than one card. If you don't care about being the weirdo to line up again after ordering, then go for it.
No need to line up again.

Couple times a month these two guys are in froOnt picking up for like a dozen Co - workers. They have a list. Order each item, pays for it and then the next and next.
Big line up one cashier? Don't anyone jump on the other till.

Oh that's right they are all busy packed into the drive through window. Every transaction is timed for order placed to cash out. Speed of service reports...

Well I can tell you your inside counter speed Sucks!!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42660 posts
3229 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SkankButta wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:39 pm
Not sure you need an in-store card. Just updated my app and I'm pretty sure I already have a rewards card number linked to it and see the 0.50 thing.
I see the same thing. Has anyone tried to buy something without connecting a physical card, and got the reward? Thanks.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1864 posts
1816 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I usually do separate orders to avoid tax. Like if I'm getting 2 large coffees and 2 bagels, I split it to 1 large coffee and 1 bagel and then new order 1 large coffee and 1 bagel, so I pay just 5% tax instead of 13% works for anything under 3.99 before tax. So i will have no issue using 2 cards now lol
Jun 1, 2015
77 posts
39 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:50 pm
I usually do separate orders to avoid tax. Like if I'm getting 2 large coffees and 2 bagels, I split it to 1 large coffee and 1 bagel and then new order 1 large coffee and 1 bagel, so I pay just 5% tax instead of 13% works for anything under 3.99 before tax. So i will have no issue using 2 cards now lol
Oh... call the Tax Police. That is illegal you know to split orders to avoid the $4. Limit tax! Stores are not suppose to allow it but everyone does it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7860 posts
9626 upvotes
Thanks OP!
SkankButta wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:39 pm
Not sure you need an in-store card. Just updated my app and I'm pretty sure I already have a rewards card number linked to it and see the 0.50 thing.
Jon Lai wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:47 pm
I see the same thing. Has anyone tried to buy something without connecting a physical card, and got the reward? Thanks.
You do not need a physical card!

I clicked on the OP's link, and received my digital card, already activated in my Tims APP.

I clicked on Sign Up, then on the pop-up window "Have an account? Log In", and once I logged in, my new rewards card was assigned to my account. (I'm sure if you just press "Log In" they will assign a new rewards card to your account)

I had to update the APP to see the rewards card!
Last edited by IDStorms on Mar 20th, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 6, 2009
875 posts
134 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 4:50 pm
This applies to food items only? At all food restaurants? Grocery stores as well?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42660 posts
3229 upvotes
Richmond Hill
IDStorms wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:27 pm
Thanks OP!

You do not need a physical card!

I clicked on the OP's link, and received my digital card, already activated in my Tims APP.

I clicked on Sign Up, then on the pop-up window "Have an account? Log In", and once I logged in, my new rewards card was assigned to my account.

I had to update the APP to see the rewards card!
Yes I know you don’t need the physical card. What I’m asking is whether anyone got the free reward after one purchase with the digital card only, without connecting a physical card. OPs instruction for the free reward after one purchase specifically states instructions to link a physical card.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7860 posts
9626 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:33 pm
Yes I know you don’t need the physical card. What I’m asking is whether anyone got the free reward after one purchase with the digital card only, without connecting a physical card. OPs instruction for the free reward after one purchase specifically states instructions to link a physical card.
Ohhh.... Forgot the part about only needing one purchase to get something for free with Physical card... Oops! :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9671 posts
2334 upvotes
all you have to do, its update the mobile ap if you have used it before, and place an order of 1.50$ of more to get a free item. after that, every 7th order is a free item.
Last edited by rocking23nf on Mar 20th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19048 posts
5943 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I got a card today along with buying a coffee and just did the convoluted replacement of the digital card in the app (seriously it should ask you when first logging in if you already have a card and step you through the process).

It says 1 purchase, 1 reward in the corner (also should be a list of transactions that make whats going on make sense).

Why are dead simple apps always such unintuitive clusterfracks so often.

Now I guess the card is just going to be more wasted resources and future garbage.