Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 8:20 am
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4445 posts
1604 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
roblombardi wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:20 am
Plus, if they had a cow in each store, you could actually milk it right on your coffee, to make it even more affordable
Such a wonderful idea. They should charge me less because I drink black.
At self checkout, there should be a choice of adding milk or sugar and cost extra.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9380 posts
2028 upvotes
I redeemed my reward by mobile order, on the payment screen is a slider bar that says use reward.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2002 posts
737 upvotes
B.C.
Tim Hortons ran this as pilot program in my region. TBH it sucks, assuming they kept the same restrictions where you have to go so many times within a few days otherwise it expires.

7-11 and McDonalds have the same things and do it right. Not worth wasting my time at TIm Hortons! Their food is awful and their staff are even worse. I have no idea how every Tim Hortons can be so full of staff and yet so slow and still get everything wrong.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11034 posts
19503 upvotes
Scarborough
I picked up a physical card yesterday when I stopped by. Today when I scanned my card it zeroed out my drink purchase.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5284 posts
2864 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:42 am
Such a wonderful idea. They should charge me less because I drink black.
At self checkout, there should be a choice of adding milk or sugar and cost extra.
Exactly, one cow to milk, and some sugar cane plants and machetes, so you can extract your own sugar
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5415 posts
3295 upvotes
Mississauga
oldbrush wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:49 pm
Did you already have an account on the app from before the rewards program rolled out, or did you have to register for a new account?
rocking23nf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:00 pm
yes I use the app almost every day.
This is helpful! I have an account already...a digital card with $4.50 on it. Thanks.
Mar 3, 2011
59 posts
16 upvotes
I downloaded the app, got the digital reward card and made a purchase ($2) through mobile order this morning. Somehow it didn't shown in the app as a qualified purchase (it says I still need 7 purchases). Anyone has the same issue?
Oct 18, 2017
59 posts
52 upvotes
New Brunswick
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 10:23 am
Is their Hot Chocolate as good as McDonald’s’?
I'm not sure about McDonalds hot chocolate, but it all depends at Tims. More often then not the hot chocolate at Tims is TERRIBLE, with it being extremely watered down and sometimes luke warm.
Dec 12, 2004
359 posts
75 upvotes
Picked up a physical rewards card in the store and added it to the Tim Hortons app even though there was already a mobile card in the app. (Replaced the existing mobile rewards card in the app with the physical card number). Then after making a mobile purchase the reward showed up.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4445 posts
1604 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
roblombardi wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 12:23 pm
Exactly, one cow to milk, and some sugar cane plants and machetes, so you can extract your own sugar
No, that wont reduce the cost.
You need to hire someone to take care of the cow and plants.
You can outsource those work to a country with lowest possible minimum pay.
Here, we only need a machine that will dispense a set amount of sugar and milk and charge you $0.25 each.
You don't even need packaging. It will go directly into the coffee.
To minimize labour, which is the most costly part of the equation. Even when the labour cost is increased by 50%, it wont hurt them as much and they can keep the price more steady.

But the problem is most people who go to tim hortons are not fans of machine order and mobile order.
So what timmie can do is to phase in this slowly. When the older generation passed away, it will be more machine operated. They just need to keep the machine in place so that people will slowly get used to it.
The newer generation wont even "want to" talk to someone to order because they are so used to talk to their friends on the messenger instead of calling.
turbov6 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 1:21 pm
Picked up a physical rewards card in the store and added it to the Tim Hortons app even though there was already a mobile card in the app. (Replaced the existing mobile rewards card in the app with the physical card number). Then after making a mobile purchase the reward showed up.
Can I scan the reward card into google pay and use it instead of using their app?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5284 posts
2864 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:09 pm
No, that wont reduce the cost.
You need to hire someone to take care of the cow and plants.
The cow can feed on the plants, so the animal is taken care of.... then the cow pisses and craps on the plants, so that takes care of that part as well
#winning
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 21, 2006
6 posts
8 upvotes
Waterloo
turbov6 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 1:21 pm
Did this exactly and same result, I now have a free reward.
Feb 18, 2012
379 posts
117 upvotes
Victoria
I went in and picked up a physical card and when i went to register it on my app there was already a different card there and no free drink? Do people that already have the apps just get the reward card added automatically?
Aug 4, 2006
483 posts
170 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 2:09 pm

But the problem is most people who go to tim hortons are not fans of machine order and mobile order.
So what timmie can do is to phase in this slowly. When the older generation passed away, it will be more machine operated. They just need to keep the machine in place so that people will slowly get used to it.
The newer generation wont even "want to" talk to someone to order because they are so used to talk to their friends on the messenger instead of calling.

That's what the old folks called a VENDING machine. What is old is new again.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4445 posts
1604 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
2flags wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 4:16 pm
That's what the old folks called a VENDING machine. What is old is new again.
It is kind of right.
But we need to separate the ordering part and serving part in order to increase the efficiency.
In near future, we will feel intimidated to talk to people face to face and people will feel more relaxing when ordering and pickup from a machine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)