Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2019 8:20 am
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
2916 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
Horsey2345 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 4:04 pm
I went in and picked up a physical card and when i went to register it on my app there was already a different card there and no free drink? Do people that already have the apps just get the reward card added automatically?
there's an option in the app setting to add the physical card (in place of the automatically generated one in the app). once added, your reward will show up.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1759 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
ma678 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 6:14 pm
Off topic question. Does anyone have difficulty to replace the credit on file with Tim Card? Even if I removed the old card, the system still gave me error message.
Do you mean you can't add a new credit card to your app? I'm having a problem with that and it's super annoying. My old card expired so I'm trying to add a new credit card for mobile purchases, but it says there is a validation error.

Does anyone else have this problem or is able to get it to work? I like skipping the line by buying through the app, so not being to add my credit card is driving me nuts.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4196 posts
523 upvotes
Do you need the physical card for anything? If you just signup on the app isn't that enough? How about the first reward for over $1.50, do you get that with just registering on the app? Because I registered on the app but don't see any reference to first reward with a purchase over $1.50
Feb 18, 2012
379 posts
118 upvotes
Victoria
GSXXRR wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 4:31 pm
there's an option in the app setting to add the physical card (in place of the automatically generated one in the app). once added, your reward will show up.
Ahhhh! Thanks got it sorted.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2343 posts
3925 upvotes
Toronto
Added Physical Card to App

Made Purchase ($2 purchase), Showed Physical Card.

Checked app, got 1/7, No Reward.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1759 posts
257 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
silverele wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 4:41 pm
Do you mean you can't add a new credit card to your app? I'm having a problem with that and it's super annoying. My old card expired so I'm trying to add a new credit card for mobile purchases, but it says there is a validation error.

Does anyone else have this problem or is able to get it to work? I like skipping the line by buying through the app, so not being to add my credit card is driving me nuts.
I couldn't add a new card online; however, I downloaded the updated app and replaced my old card with a new one last night.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2104 posts
1045 upvotes
Prince George
Can confirm that scanning the second code titled “Scan to Pay” does NOT register the purchase as a reward. Still 0/7 purchases, even thought that Tim card is linked to the same account. Great app design, Tim’s.
Sep 16, 2011
131 posts
109 upvotes
Lethbridge
Does anyone know if you can scan the apps Rewards QR code into Google Pay Passes and use that to scan instead? The Tim Hortons app takes forever to launch most of the time.
Nov 30, 2016
266 posts
217 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
All seems confusing but I placed a mobile order this morning and now have a free reward. Never had a physical card.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1759 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
ma678 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 5:32 pm
I couldn't add a new card online; however, I downloaded the updated app and replaced my old card with a new one last night.
I've only tried to add my credit card with the app and right now it's still not working. =( I guess I'll have to try and contact Tim Hortons about it, I see some negative android reviews mentioning the same issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4294 posts
2050 upvotes
Had an account previously but had deleted the app long ago.

Today, at the store, ordered medium coffee and asked for physical card. They scanned the card and I paid. Then I downloaded the app, logged into my existing account. Replaced the reward card in the app with the physical card. Showed 1/7 + 1 reward.
Dec 5, 2009
194 posts
111 upvotes
Kishnabe wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 5:30 pm

I got a physical card yesterday, when I bought coffee. I added my physical card to the App. Today I bought a coffee and scanned the physical card,(I did not use the App). My coffee was free today, The cashier said it was my free reward.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1787 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
Kishnabe wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 5:30 pm

same thing happened to me here.. and im not sure if the physical card will even work anymore, since it said after registering to the app the physical card will no longer work.. confusing.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2639 posts
844 upvotes
Scarborough
FragmentsOfLife wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:17 pm
With a purchase of $1.50 or more
I mean I will just post this so we don't get anymore false information. My god why do people just straight out assume stuff without proper research? Clearly says purchases over 50 cents.