Tags:
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5057 posts
4459 upvotes
Montreal
KpoT wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 7:12 pm
Pretty sure they are a Brazilian company.
Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. The company is still headquartered in Canada. The franchisees are Canadian. The workers are Canadian and a good chunk of the shareholders are Canadian. They also have given hundreds of millions of dollars to charity and kids hockey over the years and continue to do so. Your 45 posts in 12 years here are greatly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1777 posts
1309 upvotes
GTA
You posted in the wrong forum.
Oct 13, 2016
137 posts
119 upvotes
In a galaxy far far …
death_hawk wrote: I mean... the real RFDer would probably brew their own coffee and bring it with them.

Ya man! That’s the RFD spirit. There should be protocols for this like -
1. Go to Dollarama and buy a $3 plastic pour over and $1 coffee filters.
2. Go to Walmart and buy a big jug of Great Value dark roast coffee.
3. Go to Amazon Warehouse Deals and buy RTIC 30 oz cup.

Leave the daily Tim Horton morning lineup
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2003
1560 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:21 pm
Wait what?
* choking on a chocolate timbit
It was a bagel, not a chocolate timbit.

A report by Environmental Defence found that 30% of all food we consume contains glyphosate, Canada's top-selling weed killer. A Tim Horton's bagel was one of the many things that were tested, including a box of Cheerios and Ritz crackers.

https://environmentaldefence.ca/report/ ... our-lunch/
Jan 2, 2018
266 posts
242 upvotes
People praise McD’s and then in the same breath drag Tim’s for not being Canadian owned. You do know McD’s is not Canadian either right? Both still employ thousands of Canadians.... To me both places serve horrible coffee. Like 1 in 10 end up being decent.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4608 posts
1736 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why RFDers care about who own it?
The only thing matter is how much is it.
As long as it is cheap, we will get it no matter Brazil or North Pole own it.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Apr 5, 2012
336 posts
122 upvotes
RICHMOND
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:59 pm
I mean... the real RFDer would probably brew their own coffee and bring it with them.
Based on my time here... it would most likely be some flavour of Kicking Horse coffee
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1718 posts
1074 upvotes
Montreal, QC
IMHO, Tim's regular coffee is not even drinkable. At least not black... If you mask the taste with sugar and cream, then whatever, you are not drinking coffee, you are drinking a coffee "flavored" drink at best. Their dark roast is barely passable if stuck with no other option. Out of all the "quick" coffees out there McD's is still at the top (at least if you are drinking it black), and for now, still the cheapest. Starbucks (charbucks) is often over-roasted junk. Some of the Second Cup brews are not too bad, but there are not that many of them around my neck of the woods.

We have a Tim's at the office, but if I need to buy a coffee, I still prefer the cafeteria bulk brew over Tim's any day.. That's how undrinkable it is. Sometimes I wonder what is worse, Tim's, or the Folgers coffee made from the large tin. It's not as bad as the maxwell house bulk tin, but it is pretty close.
Nov 24, 2011
69 posts
41 upvotes
YORK
Never understood why posts like these that let us know of a good deal get downvoted.

Just because a deal isn’t for you, such as not drinking Tim Horton’s, there is no need to downvote it as it is a good deal to many people on here that enjoy Tims.

Should I go around downvoting New Egg, Prime Cables, etc posts, just because I don’t shop there, although it’s a good deal to others because they use those items? NO.

Stop dis-encouraging people from posting here just because a deal is not applicable to you. This isn’t a thread asking if you enjoy Tim’s or not, drink whatever you please.

Upvoted OP, thanks for taking your time to share

Sheesh..
/rant over
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3169 posts
2460 upvotes
The NORTH
OneLowVW wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 10:53 pm
Never understood why posts like these that let us know of a good deal get downvoted.

Just because a deal isn’t for you, such as not drinking Tim Horton’s, there is no need to downvote it as it is a good deal to many people on here that enjoy Tims.

Should I go around downvoting New Egg, Prime Cables, etc posts, just because I don’t shop there, although it’s a good deal to others because they use those items? NO.

Stop dis-encouraging people from posting here just because a deal is not applicable to you. This isn’t a thread asking if you enjoy Tim’s or not, drink whatever you please.

Sheesh..
/rant over
Another downvoted thread, another ranter white knighting into the fray... You can literally click on the question mark and see why the thread is downvoted... In this case it seems a split between bad price and bad product. Let me see if I can draw a line from A to B for you. People feel timbits are a bad product, they downvote the thread. Just as you have the ability to upvote, a person who dislikes timbits or feels the price is not inline can downvote. See how easy that is.

If the upvote/downvote system hurts someones feelings then they have bigger problems than fake internet points. No one should give 2 timbits about fake internet points...

Oh the humanity, can you believe if individual posts could be upvoted or downvoted? The brused internet egos would be out of this world....

/rant
Aug 20, 2016
303 posts
269 upvotes
Rfders have no feelings.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1718 posts
1074 upvotes
Montreal, QC
OneLowVW wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 10:53 pm

Sheesh..
/rant over
Downvoting because you don't like a product, is not the purpose of the up/downvote system (assuming there is a deal to be had).
BUT, in this case, even the [OP] can't get his/her own deal... On post #26, (s)he posts the following, for help on his own post.
So if (s)he is having a hard getting his own deal, then how do you expect others to do so.
Greatdealhuntercanada wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:05 pm
I got a receipt. There is no survey code at the bottom. Am I missing something. Please help.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3169 posts
2460 upvotes
The NORTH
Emporium wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:47 am
Downvoting because you don't like a product, is not the purpose of the up/downvote system (assuming there is a deal to be had).
Uhhhhhh.... Yes it is. Why did Fallout 76 and PSClassic threads get downvoted to oblivion when prices were cut in half? Because they were objectively bad products people didn't like. They were 50% off which was a heck of a 'deal'. Now that the PSClassic is closer to 75% off the last thread didn't get nearly as much downvoting. The latest Fallout thread still did because people don't like the game nor the shenanigans bethasda have been carrying on.

how about Western digital vs. Seagate, every time there is a Seagate thread there is the same number of downvotes because of the poor quality of product. Regardless of whether the product is a good price or not there's a bad taste in consumers meth do to seagate's poor quality controls years ago. Again this is people not liking the product and has nothing to do with whether it's a good deal or not.

The upvote downvote system is a little more complex than you seem to understand...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11403 posts
20611 upvotes
Scarborough
No way to get a survey code using mobile ordering or is there?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)