• Feb 25th, 2019 4:41 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1606 posts
44 upvotes
series1000 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 8:05 am
I don't mind Tim's but I don't go because the lineups are always off putting. Not only are they usually much longer than the Starbucks lines but they're also always full of people who look like they only buy things online for a deal and won't pay full price for anything. I rather go to Starbucks where the people there buy things directly from Apple
Soo...RFD'ers?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1638 posts
547 upvotes
Edmonton
isd9999 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 8:17 am
i called tim hortons. they said my store was not participating in the survey.
has anyone got a receipt with a survey code on it?
The store mentioned that the survey only prints on certain receipts. You need to ask for your receipt to be printed. If you are lucky, there will be an extra section with the survey code.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1844 posts
967 upvotes
Waterloo
IreneL90121 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:33 pm
Service at Tim's excellent, food and coffee very good, store clean and staff friendly. Enjoying Roll Up The Rim, already won 2 free coffees.

IreneL90121
Feb 12, 2019
2 posts

:rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4926 posts
4058 upvotes
Montreal
Ok since so many people are asking, here is what the receipt looks like. You enter the code in the survey and when you finish answering the questions the survey generates a code that you write down on the receipt in the space indicated. Here are 2 codes for a free donut, if your store accepts the free donut code without the receipt you can have it. I've gotten like 15 of these receipts already.

Feb 13, 2019
1 posts
Service was excellent today! Coffee was good!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
5731 posts
1103 upvotes
icekaibe wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:28 pm
Are they really making fake accounts right now?

QuentinY70048
LouanneR101351
AprilR42034
IreneL90121
Wteff are those bots accounts lol
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Nov 18, 2012
782 posts
336 upvotes
Longueuil
rocking23nf wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:56 pm
not sure the hate, I had 8 cups of tims this week and so did many many people.
that's literally like saying "me and my fellow welfare friends have had 8 cans of chef boyarde this week, i dont get the hate"

I can hang in the trash just as much as the elite food wise but tim's coffee is undrinkable. Im not an estrogen loaded man, so i drink coffee black, the way it should be because coffee by itself taste amazing if you dont buy horrible crap.
Aug 20, 2016
276 posts
247 upvotes
got mine
tomorrow free latte, free timbits, 99 cent timbits huge saturday.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4926 posts
4058 upvotes
Montreal
rkt1337 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:46 pm
that's literally like saying "me and my fellow welfare friends have had 8 cans of chef boyarde this week, i dont get the hate"

I can hang in the trash just as much as the elite food wise but tim's coffee is undrinkable. Im not an estrogen loaded man, so i drink coffee black, the way it should be because coffee by itself taste amazing if you dont buy horrible crap.
And another RFD coffee connoisseur chimes in. It's always comical to read the comments of how 'undrinkable' and 'inedible' (allegedly) Tim's coffee/donuts are yet day after day I lineup behind a dozen people waiting for this 'undrinkable' coffee. So undrinkable that 70-80% of coffee served is Tim's despite the competition giving multiple coffees for 50% off and even free in massive marketing schemes. My 2 cents...useless trying to sway people on something that is totally subjective.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4346 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ottofly wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 3:27 pm
Ok since so many people are asking, here is what the receipt looks like. You enter the code in the survey and when you finish answering the questions the survey generates a code that you write down on the receipt in the space indicated. Here are 2 codes for a free donut, if your store accepts the free donut code without the receipt you can have it. I've gotten like 15 of these receipts already.

I wish I study harder at French. Can I print and use? Or it is just a website?
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:24 pm
And another RFD coffee connoisseur chimes in. It's always comical to read the comments of how 'undrinkable' and 'inedible' (allegedly) Tim's coffee/donuts are yet day after day I lineup behind a dozen people waiting for this 'undrinkable' coffee. So undrinkable that 70-80% of coffee served is Tim's despite the competition giving multiple coffees for 50% off and even free in massive marketing schemes. My 2 cents...useless trying to sway people on something that is totally subjective.
The reason this happen is because it is the power of habit.
First, there is a cue. When people see the timmy red sign, it triggers their brain and make them want the coffee.
They will then carry out the routine of lineup and buying the coffee.
The reward is waking up and feeling more energetic.
When they see the coffee time sign, no such cue is created and hence, no routine will be carry out.
It actually get nothing to do with the taste or quality of the coffee.
series1000 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 8:05 am
I don't mind Tim's but I don't go because the lineups are always off putting. Not only are they usually much longer than the Starbucks lines but they're also always full of people who look like they only buy things online for a deal and won't pay full price for anything. I rather go to Starbucks where the people there buy things directly from Apple
Wow. Are you trying to describe me? But it is not completely accurately. Why online only.
Any deal.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Feb 24, 2017
168 posts
52 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:23 pm
Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about. The company is still headquartered in Canada. The franchisees are Canadian. The workers are Canadian and a good chunk of the shareholders are Canadian. They also have given hundreds of millions of dollars to charity and kids hockey over the years and continue to do so. Your 45 posts in 12 years here are greatly appreciated.
The owners of Tim Horten's parent - 3G Capital (~51%) which is Brazilian, Pershing Square (16%) and Berkshire Hathaway (3.60%) are American.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4926 posts
4058 upvotes
Montreal
salfclyahoo wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 5:13 pm
The owners of Tim Horten's parent - 3G Capital (~51%) which is Brazilian, Pershing Square (16%) and Berkshire Hathaway (3.60%) are American.
The problem with using Wikipedia is that the information is either false, old or in your case, both. Let me correct you..3G owns 43%, Pershing incl. Ackman owns 9% and Buffet owns 3%. All Tim's old shareholders (mostly Canadian including Ron Joyce) were pro-rated and got RBI shares. You can try and spin it anyway you want but there are still many Canadians who still own shares. Why this continues to be relevant in every single thread Tim's considering their competition is near 100% foreign makes zero sense.
Dec 31, 2008
229 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 5:46 pm
yup, talk about someone loving a company.
Or being paid by that company. More likely that these are bots based on the obvious randomly generated names. I say we report the posts/users.
Nov 18, 2012
782 posts
336 upvotes
Longueuil
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:24 pm
It's not subjective in that manner. It tastes like shit which is why nobody drinks it black and enjoys it.

Most people's lives are: being slaves to buy slavery shit like iphones and tvs and then loading up on antidepressants while pushing away anyone that doesnt embellish their narcissistic existence. Basing your logic on the choices of illogical lemmings isnt a good way to go at it. Starbucks is the #1 coffee place in the world and yet its completely undrinkable unless you load up on milk or sugar.

Buying a 7$ pack of coffee to use in a 20$ coldbrew kit and then having as many 5cent coffees as you wish is the way to go if you have some kind of brain and value your slavery hours. When you pay 2-3$ for your tim's coffee, you're giving away x minutes of your life for total shit that you were made to think was worth buying by some dudes with some stupid marketing degree.
Oct 17, 2009
495 posts
728 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 5:38 pm
The problem with using Wikipedia is that the information is either false, old or in your case, both. Let me correct you..3G owns 43%, Pershing incl. Ackman owns 9% and Buffet owns 3%. All Tim's old shareholders (mostly Canadian including Ron Joyce) were pro-rated and got RBI shares. You can try and spin it anyway you want but there are still many Canadians who still own shares. Why this continues to be relevant in every single thread Tim's considering their competition is near 100% foreign makes zero sense.
Owned by a foreign conglomerate. Some Canadians own shares in that conglomerate. It's still foreign owned. It's not as if those shareholders have any influence on one company umbrella'd under that conglomerate.
We should all aim to support Canadian owned businesses, especially during a trade war with America. There are plenty of incredible (and better) coffee shops in Canada that keep profits in our country.
Lies or not, I'm stoked whenever people display a desire to keep profits in our country.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)