• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 4:41 pm
Tags:
Oct 17, 2009
502 posts
738 upvotes
svattom wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:08 pm
Or being paid by that company. More likely that these are bots based on the obvious randomly generated names. I say we report the posts/users.
This site is rotten with corporate accounts and botted upvotes. But don't you dare call them out, or other Users will call you out for being "mean."
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4928 posts
4058 upvotes
Montreal
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:05 pm
Owned by a foreign conglomerate. Some Canadians own shares in that conglomerate. It's still foreign owned. It's not as if those shareholders have any influence on one company umbrella'd under that conglomerate.
We should all aim to support Canadian owned businesses, especially during a trade war with America. There are plenty of incredible (and better) coffee shops in Canada that keep profits in our country.
Lies or not, I'm stoked whenever people display a desire to keep profits in our country.
Please tell me how much I benefit by going to my local independent who charges 120% more for a coffee and 150% more for a muffin than Tim's which includes getting zero loyalty since they have no app and zero promotions? So pay full price each time all the time. Other than make him/her rich very quick, there is zero benefit for me to go there. There is a time and place for an expensive coffee, a gourmet burger and a grade A steak, ultimately for most convenience and price rules. Tim's has done more for charity/kids hockey and continues to do so more than multiple Canadian owned companies put together. Tens of thousands of Canadians are still involved at all levels in this company, including the previous Tim's CEO and original founders families. You can spin this 'foreign owned' rubbish anyway you like boycotts never work, you are pissing up a wall. Seriously.
Mar 25, 2015
233 posts
73 upvotes
where fire and disco…
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:24 pm
And another RFD coffee connoisseur chimes in. It's always comical to read the comments of how 'undrinkable' and 'inedible' (allegedly) Tim's coffee/donuts are yet day after day I lineup behind a dozen people waiting for this 'undrinkable' coffee. So undrinkable that 70-80% of coffee served is Tim's despite the competition giving multiple coffees for 50% off and even free in massive marketing schemes. My 2 cents...useless trying to sway people on something that is totally subjective.
i hate piling on, since you got schooled on the ownership
but....

to state that tim's serves 70-80% of the coffee in canada is just ridiculous

as of 2017 they were in fourth place overall (and my guess would be they have fallen even further)

you don't have to be a coffee connoisseur either to realize it is bad coffee, simply order it black and try and drink it
why do you think double-double is the default for a small coffee, is it because you need a sweet-sweet cream-cream to mask the actual coffee flavor?

their brand reputation dropped form 4th to 50th
this one has them at 67th

It appears that Timmies has been dethroned of its title of Canada's favourite coffee chain. We asked Canadians on Reddit what their favourite place to go to for coffee was and surprisingly, pretty much no one picked Tim Hortons. In fact, many ripped Tim Hortons apart and called it the worst choice for coffee.
link
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20095 posts
6226 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:24 pm
It's always comical to read the comments of how 'undrinkable' and 'inedible' (allegedly) Tim's coffee/donuts are yet day after day I lineup behind a dozen people waiting for this 'undrinkable' coffee.
Honestly... I don't get this either.
To me (and apparently quite a few people) their coffee is undrinkable, especially black.
Their food barely qualifies as food. They barely have legitimate cooking facilities. Inedible is being generous.
The new things coming out are especially hilarious. I don't think I've heard one good thing about their chicken strips.
Their grilled cheese looks like white bread with black lines painted on.

Their donuts are a disaster. I tried a cruller a few years ago and cried. It totally ruined my memory of how good they used to be.
But for reasons I still can't fathom, they're busy. And extremely busy.

Are a bunch of people out of touch with their taste buds or am I taking crazy pills.

So undrinkable that 70-80% of coffee served is Tim's despite the competition giving multiple coffees for 50% off and even free in massive marketing schemes. My 2 cents...useless trying to sway people on something that is totally subjective.
That's the thing. It IS subjective. I can't tell you what you like.

But they're losing market share like it's going out of business so maybe people are starting to realize how bad it actually is.
rkt1337 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:20 pm
It's not subjective in that manner. It tastes like shit which is why nobody drinks it black and enjoys it.
Starbucks is the #1 coffee place in the world and yet its completely undrinkable unless you load up on milk or sugar.
I'd still call it subjective TBH.
Some people just like drowning their coffee in cream and sugar, even if it's "good" coffee.
Or some people want the caffeine but hate the taste of coffee. Alternatives (energy drinks) are usually more expensive.
Caffeine pills work, but for some reason taking pills is looked down upon.

Buying a 7$ pack of coffee to use in a 20$ coldbrew kit and then having as many 5cent coffees as you wish is the way to go if you have some kind of brain and value your slavery hours.
Not that I want to be seen defending Tim's, but there's a convenience factor.
I really don't get those people that get a coffee on the way to work every morning. Those people (regardless of store) should be brewing at home.
But if you're out for lunch and want a coffee fix? Not really practical to brew your own.

MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:06 pm
This site is rotten with corporate accounts and botted upvotes. But don't you dare call them out, or other Users will call you out for being "mean."
I don't think we can see who upvoted who (as in users, not mods) so I can't comment on that, but maybe I'm just out of touch and haven't seen too many post based bots around here.

Corporate accounts? Sure.
But nothing that's too abusive in terms of public posting.

(Not counting the obvious and hilarious bots that are in this post)
Oct 17, 2009
502 posts
738 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 10:43 pm
Please tell me how much I benefit by going to my local independent who charges 120% more for a coffee and 150% more for a muffin than Tim's which includes getting zero loyalty since they have no app and zero promotions? So pay full price each time all the time. Other than make him/her rich very quick, there is zero benefit for me to go there. There is a time and place for an expensive coffee, a gourmet burger and a grade A steak, ultimately for most convenience and price rules. Tim's has done more for charity/kids hockey and continues to do so more than multiple Canadian owned companies put together. Tens of thousands of Canadians are still involved at all levels in this company, including the previous Tim's CEO and original founders families. You can spin this 'foreign owned' rubbish anyway you like boycotts never work, you are pissing up a wall. Seriously.
There is a lot to unpack here. 1) You benefit from spending money at local coffee shops because that profit is spent locally. I.e. The coffee shops owner spends the profits in your town/your city/your country. You don't gain any secondary benefits when your money is sent to Brazil, and some Tim Horton's executive buys his ninth mega-boat. You benefit when their income tax is collected by Canada, because it goes towards our social service. 2) Your coffee, and muffin are most likely going to be made by REAL independents, and not simply flour and corn syrup. Local producers usually create real food, and not factory-driven, shelf-stable muffin mix. You quite literally get what you pay for. 3) Tim Horton's charity is a tax write-off, period, Corporations do not care about us, and will do nothing more than what is absolutely necessary to make their shareholders the most money. That's how life works. If you think that TH has an altruistic bone in their corporate body, boy do you have a real wake up call coming your way. 4) Tim Horton's is in no way doing Canada any favours. They pay their employees so little that they qualify for social services (which we all pay for) while the lions share of the profits go to the shareholders who are mainly foreign owned. Your idea that TH is Canadian, is bankrupt, and you know it. Spend your money at a locally owned coffee shop, and we will all be better off. Or make your own coffee, ya lazy weirdo :D
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2062 posts
978 upvotes
Prince George
Sorry to derail this conversation with some actual discussion of the deal.

At the drive through they normally don’t give a receipt. But today they handed me one with the survey code and specifically mentioned the survey. So if you ask for a receipt for the survey it’s possible they will know what to do.

I haven’t done the survey yet or redeemed the offer so I can’t comment on that part yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3052 posts
510 upvotes
LouanneR101351 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 4:06 pm
Its always good service.. im always happy when i get food and coffee. Thank you tim horton
Tim Horton died some time ago.
Aug 20, 2016
278 posts
247 upvotes
got my timbits today and the lady did not take my survey code.
Mar 9, 2007
137 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Got one of these receipts this week. Don't know what the regular price for the quantity of Timbits is, but to go online and enter a really loooong code just for the privilege of getting to spend $1 on Timbits didn't seem like a deal to me.
Nov 18, 2012
782 posts
336 upvotes
Longueuil
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:44 am

Not that I want to be seen defending Tim's, but there's a convenience factor.
I really don't get those people that get a coffee on the way to work every morning. Those people (regardless of store) should be brewing at home.
But if you're out for lunch and want a coffee fix? Not really practical to brew your own.

Thats why we have mcdonalds with 1$ coffee that doesnt taste too horrible black.
Aug 20, 2016
278 posts
247 upvotes
bought the stock at $50 now $85.68 business is fine. Will buy a pizza business soon stock will hit $100.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4928 posts
4058 upvotes
Montreal
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:44 am
Honestly... I don't get this either.
To me (and apparently quite a few people) their coffee is undrinkable, especially black.
Their food barely qualifies as food. They barely have legitimate cooking facilities. Inedible is being generous.
The new things coming out are especially hilarious. I don't think I've heard one good thing about their chicken strips.
Their grilled cheese looks like white bread with black lines painted on.

Their donuts are a disaster. I tried a cruller a few years ago and cried. It totally ruined my memory of how good they used to be.
But for reasons I still can't fathom, they're busy. And extremely busy.

That's the thing. It IS subjective. I can't tell you what you like.

But they're losing market share like it's going out of business so maybe people are starting to realize how bad it actually is.

I'd still call it subjective TBH.
Some people just like drowning their coffee in cream and sugar, even if it's "good" coffee.
Or some people want the caffeine but hate the taste of coffee. Alternatives (energy drinks) are usually more expensive.
Caffeine pills work, but for some reason taking pills is looked down upon.

This discussion is getting old. Taste is subjective, period. Call me crazy, I have no issue with their donuts, timbits or muffins. Of course, this will subject me to all sorts of name calling on here. I certainly don't expect gourmet food at Tim's, MCD, BK, Wendy or Starbuck. You think the food is bad at Tim's, go to Starbucks where they serve 3rd party ready made frozen sandwiches. I do agree they were better when baked on the premises but as they got busier and busier it became impossible to keep up as baking fresh takes much longer leaving empty displays for over an hour during the day and entire shifts overnight pissing of customers (as per Ron Joyce's book). It was the franchisees who pushed for a solution. The market share losses mostly comes from MCD giving coffee away or giving it at $1.00 and some bad publicity last year and has stopped as of last quarter. In any event, here is your chance to tell them exactly what you think of their food and drinks and what they should do about it by taking the survey. If you don't like the food or drink just pass your receipt with confirmation code to someone in line so they can take advantage of it.
Jan 2, 2018
238 posts
196 upvotes
rkt1337 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 9:28 am
Thats why we have mcdonalds with 1$ coffee that doesnt taste too horrible black.
BuT tHeY’rE aMeRiCaN!!!1!!
Jan 2, 2018
238 posts
196 upvotes
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:59 am
There is a lot to unpack here. 1) You benefit from spending money at local coffee shops because that profit is spent locally. I.e. The coffee shops owner spends the profits in your town/your city/your country. You don't gain any secondary benefits when your money is sent to Brazil, and some Tim Horton's executive buys his ninth mega-boat. You benefit when their income tax is collected by Canada, because it goes towards our social service. 2) Your coffee, and muffin are most likely going to be made by REAL independents, and not simply flour and corn syrup. Local producers usually create real food, and not factory-driven, shelf-stable muffin mix. You quite literally get what you pay for. 3) Tim Horton's charity is a tax write-off, period, Corporations do not care about us, and will do nothing more than what is absolutely necessary to make their shareholders the most money. That's how life works. If you think that TH has an altruistic bone in their corporate body, boy do you have a real wake up call coming your way. 4) Tim Horton's is in no way doing Canada any favours. They pay their employees so little that they qualify for social services (which we all pay for) while the lions share of the profits go to the shareholders who are mainly foreign owned. Your idea that TH is Canadian, is bankrupt, and you know it. Spend your money at a locally owned coffee shop, and we will all be better off. Or make your own coffee, ya lazy weirdo :D

Really your problem here is with fast food chains in general. All of this describes Wendy’s/McDonald’s/Burger King yet it’s only trendy at the moment to crap on Tim’s, then drive down to Costco and Walmart and all these other American owned establishments.
Jun 15, 2011
107 posts
70 upvotes
Just so you know, if you do a survey for Burger King, they will give you a Whopper for free

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)