Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 13, 2011
139 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa

Time to get a new car but 2(1)a is giving all time high insurances :(

Could any one suggest a car with comparatively cheaper insurance even after compulsory automobile insurance act 2 (1) a infringement 12 months ago and speeding ticket this month .

Any insurance statistics research done here :(

I Can't even think about Corolla or civic !!!
13 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 16, 2014
1043 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
your post makes no sense.

did you get a ticket for driving without an insurance? if so your royally ****** for atleast 5 years.
[OP]
Feb 13, 2011
139 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
I had 2(1)a last year .. Not now. recently ticketed for speeding which I will fight tooth and nail in the court :(
My old Car is not worth paying 270$ in insurance anymore and want to get better car now .
Dec 4, 2004
164 posts
30 upvotes
Gatineau
I would suggest vaseline if you want a new car now

Seriously caught twice without insurance ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
8691 posts
1045 upvotes
LuckyB wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 2:15 pm

He possibly want it dry.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3436 posts
1200 upvotes
LuckyB wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 2:15 pm

It always amazes me that people like this exist. The risk of absolutely ruining your life if you get into an accident with no insurance is so myopic.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2462 posts
546 upvotes
Ottawa
What is this (2)1 business? Quit trying to be eloqent.
Nov 21, 2014
746 posts
774 upvotes
Atlantic
unshavenyak wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 4:09 pm
It always amazes me that people like this exist. The risk of absolutely ruining your life if you get into an accident with no insurance is so myopic.
+100000. Why are you breaking the law by driving without insurance? There's a reason why insurance is mandatory - protection for yourself and others.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9627 posts
2464 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 4:09 pm
Not if he is jobless
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3436 posts
1200 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 4:30 pm
Not if he is jobless
There are worse things in life than being unemployed. Getting into an accident with no insurance and the subsequent law suit (followed by the inevitable bankruptcy) would be worse. In that scenario, you would be unemployed, unemployable in many industries and the bank wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9627 posts
2464 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 5:52 pm
There are worse things in life than being unemployed. Getting into an accident with no insurance and the subsequent law suit (followed by the inevitable bankruptcy) would be worse. In that scenario, you would be unemployed, unemployable in many industries and the bank wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole.
again, no change if jobless and living off welfare or what not. then you can dodge around by keep moving (easy if you dont have a stable job)
[OP]
Feb 13, 2011
139 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
Why do all RFDers postmortem everything to a whole new different direction ?
Question went from east to North without getting an answer !
Let me rephrase it ??
Which car gives you less insurance regardless of how many or how big infractions you have ?

I live in a place where I pay significantly less insurance then any regular Tori pays :) I thought different car may make a difference :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29601 posts
15426 upvotes
Ottawa
free4ever wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 7:40 pm
Why do all RFDers postmortem everything to a whole new different direction ?
Question went from east to North without getting an answer !
Let me rephrase it ??
Which car gives you less insurance regardless of how many or how big infractions you have ?

I live in a place where I pay significantly less insurance then any regular Tori pays :) I thought different car may make a difference :(
A minivan, 10yrs or older, with $2000 deductible, 1M liability and no comprehensive coverage.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20686 posts
144498 upvotes
GTA
Have you tried the higher risk insurance companies/brokers - 2nd Chance Insurance, Drivers First? Because of your record, I honestly don't think the vehicle in question will make THAT much of a difference. There will be fluctuations here and there but I wouldn't think it would be drastically different.