Food & Drink

For the Timmie's double-double lovers out there, how can I replicate it at home???

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2019 7:16 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 23, 2013
9 posts
Richmond Hill

For the Timmie's double-double lovers out there, how can I replicate it at home???

I know people hate on Tim Hortons but for the double-double lovers out there, I'm trying to get the best configuration and willing to spend the money if I could make it at home. I basically want the closest taste possible.

A lot of people are saying to buy their Tim Hortons coffee cans and use any coffee maker and as long as you add 18% creme, it'll taste the same. For me, I don't find the taste too similar and I'm not sure Timmies would really try their best to make their cans taste the same at the stores.

So how can I do it? What's the best coffee maker/coffee can combination I could buy?
22 replies
Mar 19, 2013
691 posts
206 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
I will suggest, the patented Tim Horton's coffee maker made by Bunn, Tim Horton's coffee, 18% cream, sugar. They claim their coffee maker is designed to produce the "true Tim Horton's flavour". I have one, makes great coffee. I also use their tassimo cups.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16602 posts
4288 upvotes
Toronto
Make any coffee and add enough creme and sugar. Done.
Jul 5, 2004
23726 posts
3239 upvotes
A bunch of us pitched in and got a Bunn coffee maker for work. With that coffee maker, I can replicate the flavour. I can't at home with a regular coffee maker.
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
193 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
Tim Hortons coffee cans and use any coffee maker and as long as you add 18% creme. Filtered Water is the missing link .At Tim's the water supply's to the makers have an inline filter, consistent results.
May 18, 2008
740 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Timmies coffee is disgusting. If your making coffee at home why not get quality ground?
Feb 28, 2015
94 posts
43 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
I have the Tassimo Tim Hortons, both regular and decaf, and both taste just like it does at the Tim Hortons. So I cut a new T-disc open to see how coffee was in it. About 2 tablespoons of coffee in the Tims t-disc, and makes a 7 ounce cup as says on the box. I do the add more water to get a 8 ounce cup and still tastes just a good.

So you need at least 2 tablespoons of Tim Hortons coffee for every cup of water. And make sure your water is hot enough. (with the cream and sugar)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14266 posts
2574 upvotes
Toronto
Kaeoue wrote:
Feb 5th, 2016 10:18 pm
Timmies coffee is disgusting. If your making coffee at home why not get quality ground?
You went to the wrong location. TH has some great locations with great coffee and some locations that honestly make you wonder how they get away with using the TH name at all...
That's why I had to switch to McDonald's coffee. I may prefer TH, but at least the taste is consistent from location to location with no disappointment at McDonald's.
Nov 18, 2015
285 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zolco1 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2016 2:00 am
I know people hate on Tim Hortons but for the double-double lovers out there, I'm trying to get the best configuration and willing to spend the money if I could make it at home. I basically want the closest taste possible.

A lot of people are saying to buy their Tim Hortons coffee cans and use any coffee maker and as long as you add 18% creme, it'll taste the same. For me, I don't find the taste too similar and I'm not sure Timmies would really try their best to make their cans taste the same at the stores.

So how can I do it? What's the best coffee maker/coffee can combination I could buy?
make sure you make your coffee extra watery.... as Tim Horton's coffee tastes like Sh*t
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14266 posts
2574 upvotes
Toronto
KendrickStone wrote:
Mar 10th, 2016 1:44 pm
make sure you make your coffee extra watery.... as Tim Horton's coffee tastes like Sh*t
What location?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5753 posts
689 upvotes
Ottawa
LNahid2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2016 10:10 am
All of them.
Can confirm. I usually drink my coffee black but at Timmies, it has to be double double otherwise I can't drink it.
Nov 18, 2015
285 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TripleHelix wrote:
Mar 11th, 2016 1:23 pm
Can confirm. I usually drink my coffee black but at Timmies, it has to be double double otherwise I can't drink it.
yep, i drink my coffee black too..but at if i must go to Tims, then i'll have to cut their coffee with some other overly sweet beverage. Normally a quarter French Vanilla