Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TinyDeal.com

New Flagship Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 & Note 4 Pro sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2016 9:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
I don't like MTK in anything, they are probably one of the worst in terms of dealing with GPL.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1322 posts
282 upvotes
I will be needing Android flagship pretty soon...so hard to choose. I wanted Axon7 until I saw Honor8 skin/specs and promotion from newegg. Then I found about Gionee with gigantic 6000+ mAh battery....so hard to choose these days.

I don't even know if camera, battery, design or quality of speakers is the most important feature for me. I LOVED M8's speakers and said I will always get the phone with greatest speakers, but than again thought about charging phone only once a week is awesome too. I guess camera is what least count to me....anyways, the point of this post is to ask if anyone had experience with Gionee ?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
darkesha wrote: I will be needing Android flagship pretty soon...so hard to choose. I wanted Axon7 until I saw Honor8 skin/specs and promotion from newegg. Then I found about Gionee with gigantic 6000+ mAh battery....so hard to choose these days.

I don't even know if camera, battery, design or quality of speakers is the most important feature for me. I LOVED M8's speakers and said I will always get the phone with greatest speakers, but than again thought about charging phone only once a week is awesome too. I guess camera is what least count to me....anyways, the point of this post is to ask if anyone had experience with Gionee ?
Gionee partners with Blu so you may be able to find the Blu version that's cheaper and has North American brands. The closest one right now is the Blu Energy XL with a 5000mAh battery which is the Gionee Elife E7.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compar ... /8776,8634

http://www.bluproducts.com/energy-xl/
https://www.amazon.com/BLU-ENERGY-XL-Ba ... B01GWUXNBE <-$299 USD
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Apr 21, 2013
164 posts
42 upvotes
goofball wrote:
nellium wrote:
KT2312 wrote: Howdy y'all.

Will this work with Koodo.
you won't get LTE, but it will work on HSPA+
The international/special edition should work on LTE with Koodo, since it indicates 1700/2100mhz support. The chinese versions only support 1800/2100/2600 which won't work with LTE on koodo.

4G: FDD-LTE 2100/1900/1800/ 1700/850/2600/900/800/700MHz
I always get this stuff mixed up. If the 3G specs says CDMA then there is no support for Canada? Is it just LTE or edge support?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes
Jinseng wrote:
goofball wrote:
nellium wrote:

you won't get LTE, but it will work on HSPA+
The international/special edition should work on LTE with Koodo, since it indicates 1700/2100mhz support. The chinese versions only support 1800/2100/2600 which won't work with LTE on koodo.

I always get this stuff mixed up. If the 3G specs says CDMA then there is no support for Canada? Is it just LTE or edge support?
IIRC as long as 3g shows 850 or 900 you should be good
Apr 21, 2013
164 posts
42 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote:
Jinseng wrote:
goofball wrote:

IIRC as long as 3g shows 850 or 900 you should be good
OK. I was in the impression that GSM need to be under 3G and if it's under 2g then we only get edge. So slot of the Chinese phones support NA w/ 3g, HSPA+ and LTE then.
Jun 25, 2014
16 posts
Toronto, ON
It seems the design of redmi note 4 is better than note 3 series.
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
vek wrote:
eugene188 wrote: I looked at the phone listing in AliExpress yesterday.
Goldway was selling the 3GB version
I tried to buy a phone through aliexpress/goldway earlier in the month, and although they accepted and verified the CC payment at the time of purchase, I got an automated mail back 3 days later advising me that the order had been suspended, and they wanted me to send scans of my passport/licence etc to "verify my identity". Yeah, like I'm going to do that. I looked into it, and it seems a pretty common occurrence.

Anyway, FYI for those unaware.
They tried that on me a while back on an order that was only $50 or so. I told them no and if they have an issue they should talk to my card issuing bank, like most companies would. They got back to me and said my order was approved.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
danlin78 wrote:
wprager wrote: With the Galaxy Edge you can still get a tempered glass protector with curved edges. I assume they'll have the same thing with this "2.5D" glass -- I take it it's just a less-pronounced rounded edge (not like the Samsung where it's actually a functional piece of scree real-estate).

I'm so conflicted. I really wanted to get the Note 3 for the fingerprint sensor, ability to run CM, full metal body, but I can't help feeling I'd really want the better screen/camera in the LG G4. So I was hoping the Note 4 would cover that, but it feels like a very incremental update and not really worth the extra $75. God help me I'm now thinking of getting the Note 3 *and* the G4 (can't afford/nor do I need two phones).
LG G4 has poor battery life, and no finger print, that's a deal breaker. Perhaps you should consider Mi5, it has good battery life and better camera and finger print sensor.
My G4 had crap battery life after I updated the firmware. Did some research and found out some devices somehow don't update 100% properly during an OTA update. Solution is to factory reset the phone after the update. Worked like a charm for me.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
goofball wrote:
miji2 wrote:
wprager wrote: With the Galaxy Edge you can still get a tempered glass protector with curved edges. I assume they'll have the same thing with this "2.5D" glass -- I take it it's just a less-pronounced rounded edge (not like the Samsung where it's actually a functional piece of scree real-estate).

I'm so conflicted. I really wanted to get the Note 3 for the fingerprint sensor, ability to run CM, full metal body, but I can't help feeling I'd really want the better screen/camera in the LG G4. So I was hoping the Note 4 would cover that, but it feels like a very incremental update and not really worth the extra $75. God help me I'm now thinking of getting the Note 3 *and* the G4 (can't afford/nor do I need two phones).
As someone who's purchased and used both the LG G4 and Redmi Note 3 Pro, I like them both but I use the Note 3 for day-to-day despite low-light camera issues.
The G4 scares me when it comes to self-bricking but it has amazing camera, especially in low light. It does get hot sometimes tho, especially when it goes nuts and heats up on its own and drains battery in no time. No fingerprint reader on it, which was not a deal breaker for me until I used the latest gen one on the Redmi Note 3 Pro .. and now it's one of more desirable features. Also, because of G4's curved back, it's difficult to use while laying flat due to rocking side-to-side on the table without special cases. Then there is the battery. Redmi Note 3 Pro is king in the battery department, the end.
Also, the bootloader ... oohhh the bootloader. The only open-source friendly option for the G4 is the T-mobile version, the Canadian devices are useless and LG will likely not update them ever again. I've had LG abandonware devices before. LG sucks. I swore never to get another one, but I could not resist the camera on the G4 so I got one. Then I found out it will likely brick itself. So yeah, how about that G4 ? :)

Having said that, if the Redmi Note 4 Pro (SD) fixes the poor low-light camera issues, and maintains the ~$200 price level, then it will be the device to get.

One thing to note about this deal tho, is what TinyDeal.com is callign the PRO model, does not match to what xiaomidevice.comcalls PRO. In all prior incarnations of Redmi devices, PRO devices had Snapdragon CPUs, so the device description for PRO is incorrect/misleading on the TinyDeal.com website.
I felt the same way about LG. My first smartphone was an LG Eve and they pretty much abandoned it the minute Rogers started carrying it. It came with v1.5 and everyone had to clamor to get 1.6 on it, lol. Eventually ended up with 2.1, I think, via the Korean firmware.

I loved the G4 camera. Screen time was ok. The curve was something that I had to get used to. The back buttons, I really liked that though. I wish more would do that. No fingerprint reader wasn't a huge deal. I had huge hopes for the G4 but then came Android MM and no root because of no locked bootloader with no hope of an unlock. That's very sad as it was (and still is) a great phone, though I did feel it could have gotten a better processor but the 810 was a problem.

From reading the specs so far, it wouldn't appear that the X20 version got an updated camera so it's doubtful the Snapdragon version will either sadly.

I ordered a Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime since I don't feel like waiting for the RN4 and it doesn't appear to be a huge upgrade at this point. Perhaps will be when they release the SD version but I'll wait for ROM's and development to catch up before I think about jumping.
Rumour is there will be no Snapdragon version.
http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note ... -20501.php

It's just one analyst saying it so who knows?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Nov 13, 2003
444 posts
40 upvotes
Has anyone seen the Redmi Pro with dual cameras for sale anywhere? I thought I read it was out in China on Aug. 8