• Jul 1st, 2013 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2009
1179 posts
38 upvotes

Tips for $99 visit China

My wife booked the $99 package for 3 days in Beijing, any tips?
I remember there was a post servel years ago but I cannot find it.
Thank in advance.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3334 posts
248 upvotes
Most older people love the price. Most younger people who like to enjoy life would hate it. I hate it with a passion. I wouldn't go again even if it is free. Actually, I wouldn't go again even if you pay me. Not $99, $100, not even $1,000...ok, I will endure the torture for at least $5,000.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2006
9611 posts
436 upvotes
North America
I think I recall reading how they take you to a lot of shops and expect you (almost coerce) to buy stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1223 posts
227 upvotes
With that price, including hotel, food and tour, u should expect lots of shopping thrown in each day. They key is not to buy their over-priced items - whether it be herbal medicine or tea or jade or blankets.

By the way, do u understand mandarin, as u may end up with a mandarin speaking guide.

Here is a thread that I initiated some time ago on similar tours in china, and some people provided their feedbacks after their trips.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/49-8-day ... s-1152177/
Apr 26, 2010
527 posts
23 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I went on a similar tour last year to Beijing, Shanghai + some smaller towns.
Is it worth the $99? I'll say Yes to the most part (if I remembered correctly, it was approx $150 for us + tips, we had to pay the extra $50 because the tour guide said our package didn't include some of the sightseeing attractions that the other tourist had, BS)

The hotels we stayed in were pretty good, breakfast was included, expect a mix of asian and western. With regards to the sightseeing attraction, expect to visit a lot of jade shops and tea shops. I probably visited at least 4 jade shops when I was there.

Like Cko64 stated, older people would enjoy the tours a lot more. A breakdown of my specific tour was probably 70% - over 65, 25% - 40 to 60, and 5% - under 25 (it was me + 2 sisters)
× < >