• Apr 20th, 2018 3:48 pm
Feb 11, 2013
8 posts
Montréal

Tips help better plan please! Koodo

Hello,
Right now I have 2 lines with Koodo: 2X - 35$ - 1GB unlimit talk
Paying for Tabs for both plan so the real price is: 2X 46$
One of my line will finish paying the tab this month.

Now, I need 2GB of data. Tired of always having to manage my phone to not exceed the 1GB cap.
I wonder if there's anything I can do to have 2GB for one of the line. I'm ready to pay 5$ more per month so it will be 40$ per month, but dont want to upgrade to 45$ to have 2GB plan that Koodo offer right now.

I saw people share tips on how to call retention and try to get better deal but last time I did that, they said can't do and offer to add 1 GIG for 10$.

So is there anythings I can do to have a better deal? If you can share some it would be nice. 40$ for 2GIG is that too much to ask for?

Thank you
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
OP afaik you are quoting QC plans. I'm assuming you have QC numbers?

You can call loyalty. They have unadvertised data add-ons. Some $0 indefinite, some $0 for 24 months, some for $1-5 for data add-ons as well.

I'm on QC plan with Virgin and pay roughly $30 per month for unlimited talk, text and 3GB data on silver plan (equivalent to tab small). It certainly is possible. Some discounts may be shorter term, so you may have to threaten to switch providers every year, but you'll get the data add-ons within your budget.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
Brush up on the negotiation skills or else pay tuition and buy a plan from a cell plan scalper.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Feb 11, 2013
8 posts
Montréal
Thank you all for your inputs. Ya I guess I'll need to call loyalty and do something about it.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1. pay off tab
2. get a Fido 3GB/mo tablet plan for $15/mo (wait for a deal where you also get a free tablet)
3. use a voip app for voice and SMS like Fongo or Textme (you can test these apps for free on wifi before dropping your current plan)
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
will888 wrote: Brush up on the negotiation skills or else pay tuition and buy a plan from a cell plan scalper.
To be fair, Koodo only starts negotiating loyalty on +1GB data. Anything less, seek market dumps, targetted offers, etc. Fortunately the bar is lower for QC plans. I wonder if anyone got the $40/6GB as loyalty offer.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)