Wheels and Tires

Tire Buying/Install Simply vs CEO vs Others?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2021 2:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
bltman wrote: I loved that Simplytire posted their packages and pricing online. It made transactions quick, straightforward and very transparent (and I have been buying there since 2012). Most recently, in 2018 Spring I purchased some new all seasons and in early fall of 2018, I purchased earlybird priced Nokian Hakka 3s and rims for my wife's car. Both times, excellent service from Allen and team. Plus, I love going to the Nino Daversa across the street while I wait.

It’s not clear if they are going to post pricing this winter under new owners. I emailed the general mail box asking for a quote and it never got answered. So, I emailed one of the salespeople directly. While he provided pricing for tires, he only gave approximate ballpark pricing for 4 different alloy wheel options (though, I wanted steel wheels). Then he gave a ballpark price for steel wheels. What used to be quick and easy now became a chore in terms of pricing and buttoning down the all-in package.

I ended up ordering a package online last night from one of the Quebec tire vendors and will install them at an inexpensive garage.
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Which Quebec tire vendor?
Wild guess, 4tires.ca?
I was looking into there too cause hella cheapest :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Feb 4, 2009
247 posts
24 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: Wild guess, 4tires.ca?
4tires configurator for my car was spitting out the wrong tire size. Choosing by size was fine but I was worried about the wrong steel wheels.
Ended up ordering from Quattro Tire. Tires and steel wheels. They had a 5% off code and a $25 off PayPal code. Mounting, balancing and shipping included.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto
I just got quotes from CEO, Advan, Tires23, and Simply on Pilot 4s'.

Simply was $50+ more expensive as they still quote $* + tax while the others quote all in price.

I'll probably get a different tire for my daily but I'm still researching, just wanted to see roughly which store offered the cheapest and the order hasn't really changed.

Going to price online stores + install to see if it's worth it.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pnyknights wrote: Wild guess, 4tires.ca?
I bought my summers from them last year had no issues. They were $100 cheaper than everyone in Ontario so i took the risk. Just got tires so no experience with their mounting/balancing abilities.
Jun 21, 2009
555 posts
93 upvotes
Just found this thread, and to add to it, my experience going to Simply last two years was terrible as well. Been going to Allen since 2010 but service has really went down hill.

- Nicked and scratched my rims after installation, even though I checked before I left home to go to his shop
- My driver seat smell like weed after one of his staff drove my car to the front
- I went for an oil change after the visit and one of the lugs were gone, I did 360 inspect before leaving the lot. Had the other shop retorque everything and luckily had a spare lug for me

Now I have a new car and looking for a set of winter tires. I honestly don't have much confidence in a lot of shops.
May 30, 2011
265 posts
31 upvotes
North York
I am looking for new set of winter tire with rim.
Where would you guys go to get the set, balance and install at the same place now?
Thanks for advise.
Aug 23, 2014
478 posts
264 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Kouyo wrote: Just found this thread, and to add to it, my experience going to Simply last two years was terrible as well. Been going to Allen since 2010 but service has really went down hill.

- Nicked and scratched my rims after installation, even though I checked before I left home to go to his shop
- My driver seat smell like weed after one of his staff drove my car to the front
- I went for an oil change after the visit and one of the lugs were gone, I did 360 inspect before leaving the lot. Had the other shop retorque everything and luckily had a spare lug for me

Now I have a new car and looking for a set of winter tires. I honestly don't have much confidence in a lot of shops.
That’s too bad. I’ve had excellent experience with them before as well. Was there a change in ownership?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Rennsport tires in Woodbridge. Victor is a very good guy and his price is competitive (like tires23/old simply,etc)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Jedi14 wrote: That’s too bad. I’ve had excellent experience with them before as well. Was there a change in ownership?
Changed around Jan 2019
Feb 4, 2009
247 posts
24 upvotes
Simplytire has posted their 2019-2020 winter package pricing online so it should be easy to compare them to Costco, etc. I figured they were not going to do that anymore since the old 2018-2019 pricing was still up as of last week.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2013
1432 posts
414 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
what is the recent experience with Simplytire?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2013
1432 posts
414 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Ecsta wrote: I bought my summers from them last year had no issues. They were $100 cheaper than everyone in Ontario so i took the risk. Just got tires so no experience with their mounting/balancing abilities.
did they charge ontario tax?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
goldenball wrote: did they charge ontario tax?
Yes was just charged HST (shipping was free).
Feb 18, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone had any experiences with TOTO Tire?
I've been shopping around for a winter wheel & tire package and their quotes have come back significantly more competitive than some of the shops named in this thread.
Just wondering if I'm ok to go ahead with them or if I should look elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5099 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any recent reviews of CEO? Scarborough is more accessible to me.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
I did use ceo early this summer. Price was good but they did scratch my factory wheel even though I told them to be careful. No recourse. I saw their tire changer used on my change was pretty old, hence the most likely the cause. I would likely not use them again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5099 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: I did use ceo early this summer. Price was good but they did scratch my factory wheel even though I told them to be careful. No recourse. I saw their tire changer used on my change was pretty old, hence the most likely the cause. I would likely not use them again.
Thanks.
That's a no for me then too.
Dec 22, 2018
206 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
What brand(s) of wheels do these places tend to give you?
Simply tire has their price list up and it just say replica wheels?Do they give you an extra set of bolts or can you use the old ones?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
^ aftermarket bolts are always extra because some aftermarket wheels can still be used with factory bolts, therefore, it is hard to say. Typical sets of bolts would be around $40 - $50 or so.

the old Simply does sell very high end wheels and the crappy low ends as well. Not sure about the new Simply nowadays.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5314 posts
1251 upvotes
I bought tires from CT but I still need rims. CT can order them, I was quoted $89 each for those cheapo black steel rims. I found them online at PMCtire for $69. Does CT mount them for free if I bought both tires and rims at CT (even if two different CT)??? If not, how much is mounting per wheel?

I'm trying to figure out the best option: $89 each + free mount (maybe)... or... $69 each + whatever the cost for mounting?

This is for a Mini Cooper S.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)