• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 5:04 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto

Tire swap at home service

Found this Tire swap at home service on Kijiji. Has anyone tried it ? Price is similar to lot of Chinese garage e.g. the popular Green Bay Tire but there is no hours of waiting time and it is at home service. Has anyone tried it ? Any comments ?
Hi there !

Remember to do your seasonal summer tire swap!

GIVE US A CALL AT (647) 537 4815 TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
OR EMAIL US AT GTAmobiletirechange@gmail.com

Are all shops, Costco, Canadian Tire and tire shops booked up?
No Worries we will come to you and switch it over for you wherever you may be work, home, or the mall.

ONLY $30 FOR SURROUNDING GTA AREA TO SWITCH OVER TO YOUR SUMMER/ALL SEASON TIRES!

Using the same tools as you would see in a garage:
1. Torque Wrench (To torque tires to specific vehicle needs)
2. Impact wrench and Breaker bar (to safely remove tires without damaging your wheels)
3. Deep impact sockets to reach in those lug nuts so your rims remain untouched
4. All Cars, SUVS, vans, trucks will be jacked up using a jack that is 3 tons or more only!

Serving now the GTA: Markham, Richmond Hill, Toronto, Aurora, Newmarket, King City, Thornhill!
We will only provide the cleanest, and most professional service, explaining every little detail throughout the service!

We also do tire rotation!

*All tires must be on rim already!

Additional Services we provide:
Windshield top up: $5
Tire Shine: $5
Battery change: *Please provide car model and make
Oil Change: **Please provide car model and make ($30-$85)

GIVE US A CALL AT (647) 537 4815 TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
OR EMAIL US AT GTAmobiletirechange@gmail.com
18 replies
Aug 14, 2011
428 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like a great deal. Took me two hours yesterday to do myself, would have gladly paid $30
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8427 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
rdx wrote: Found this Tire swap at home service on Kijiji. Has anyone tried it ? Price is similar to lot of Chinese garage e.g. the popular Green Bay Tire but there is no hours of waiting time and it is at home service. Has anyone tried it ? Any comments ?
Windshield Washer Fluid Top Up for $5 .... hahahahaha ... what a RIPOFF! On sale ... 2 jugs cost you $5 ... it is very difficult to pop the hood and fill it yourself.
Tire Shine ... $5 ... hahahaha ... what a RIPOFF! You can get a CAN of Armour All Tire Spray on discount for about $5 and spray all you want!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
SAVINGSTAR wrote: Seems like a great deal. Took me two hours yesterday to do myself, would have gladly paid $30
2 hours to do how many cars?
May 18, 2008
777 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: 2 hours to do how many cars?
I was going to say the same thing. Tire change is a half hour job
Aug 14, 2011
428 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary
Gutty96 wrote: 2 hours to do how many cars?
Kaeoue wrote: I was going to say the same thing. Tire change is a half hour job
To do my wife’s van. Had to take the tires off the wall, gather all the tools, find a dry spot on my dirt driveway because it’s muddy right now and not paved as my house is brand new, broke my torque wrench spent 40 minutes putting it back together, put all the tools away, put the winter tires up on the wall, talk to my neighbours who stopped to ask why I was changing my tires in the dirt.

It’s actually a 30 minute job, as you can see yesterday wasn’t my day :)
$30 would have been well spent yesterday
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
SAVINGSTAR wrote: To do my wife’s van. Had to take the tires off the wall, gather all the tools, find a dry spot on my dirt driveway because it’s muddy right now and not paved as my house is brand new, broke my torque wrench spent 40 minutes putting it back together, put all the tools away, put the winter tires up on the wall, talk to my neighbours who stopped to ask why I was changing my tires in the dirt.

It’s actually a 30 minute job, as you can see yesterday wasn’t my day :)
$30 would have been well spent yesterday
LOL. Ya. We all have those days.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
So did anyone try this where they come to your house to change the tires? If so, how was the service?

I need to swap tires on my car, first time I bought winter tires this season but can't get appointment anywhere in Mississauga to put the all seasons back on.

Thanks.
Nov 26, 2014
304 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My friends have used CaliTire in the GTA. I've heard nothing but good things from them from everyone that I know that have used them.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
Are your tires on the rims ? If not, he can't do it. This guy is just doing this as his side job, and he will just come with jack, wrench, air pump, and a power tool for removing the nuts. He did a pretty good job. It will save your waiting time and hassle of transporting the tires from and to the shop.

However, some people are concerned if he has WSIB and what happens if he gets injured, etc. Then, don't bother calling.

*** Not sure how much Green Bay Tire at Thornhill is charging now, they used to charge around the same price, depending on the size of the rims, about $30 a set. I notice the listed on the website now is so much more expensive though. By the way, for some reasons, Green Bay Tire always balances your tires before they swap your tires. Most stores will tell you it is not necessary.
kulb wrote: So did anyone try this where they come to your house to change the tires? If so, how was the service?

I need to swap tires on my car, first time I bought winter tires this season but can't get appointment anywhere in Mississauga to put the all seasons back on.

Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
jerbhu wrote: My friends have used CaliTire in the GTA. I've heard nothing but good things from them from everyone that I know that have used them.
Where are they located ? Can't see any address from their web site. How much in general they charge to swap a set of tires with rims ?

http://calitire.ca/services/
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
rdx wrote: Are your tires on the rims ? If not, he can't do it. This guy is just doing this as his side job, and he will just come with jack, wrench, air pump, and a power tool for removing the nuts. He did a pretty good job. It will save your waiting time and hassle of transporting the tires from and to the shop.

However, some people are concerned if he has WSIB and what happens if he gets injured, etc. Then, don't bother calling.

*** Not sure how much Green Bay Tire at Thornhill is charging now, they used to charge around the same price, depending on the size of the rims, about $30 a set. I notice the listed on the website now is so much more expensive though. By the way, for some reasons, Green Bay Tire always balances your tires before they swap your tires. Most stores will tell you it is not necessary.
Yes, all seasons are on rims already.
How much did he charge you?
Thanks.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
rdx wrote:
What will happen is he will probably sue you and it will go against your homeowner's insurance which you hopefully have lol.
Nov 26, 2014
304 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rdx wrote: Where are they located ? Can't see any address from their web site. How much in general they charge to swap a set of tires with rims ?

http://calitire.ca/services/
They are mobile. They come to you. My friend got his tires unmounted and remounted, balanced and installed on the same rims for about $100. 19" runflats as well.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10358 posts
1482 upvotes
Toronto
kulb wrote: Yes, all seasons are on rims already.
How much did he charge you?
Thanks.
As mentioned on the first post, he charges $30 per set. He said he can do it at any place. So, for those who are still worried about what if anything happens at your home, then takes the rims to a nearby mall and have him swap them there ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Any update how much tire on rim swap.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Oct 17, 2003
462 posts
55 upvotes
Etobicoke
rdx wrote: Found this Tire swap at home service on Kijiji. Has anyone tried it ? Price is similar to lot of Chinese garage e.g. the popular Green Bay Tire but there is no hours of waiting time and it is at home service. Has anyone tried it ? Any comments ?
I tried the service today and it was great. Took less then an hour to complete 2 cars. Checked air pressure and helped me put tires away. I would definitely recommend. I probably saved about 3-4 hours of time.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2373 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I regret using Tire Butler. For tires on rims change with storage,they charge %200. Just to bring you your tires back they charge $55.
I wish I had known about Calitire last year. Only $170 for tire change plus storage. Any input?

I'm quite busy so driving to Yorkdale to pick up tires from Tire Butler for half a day is not preferable, so I might just suck up the $55 and hopefully break even next season.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)