Titan lease guard

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 8:20 am
Tags:
Dec 23, 2016
48 posts
11 upvotes

Titan lease guard

I signed up for 2 years leasing (Acura RDX 2018) and will pick up the car on March 1.

The salesperson asked me if I'm interested in lease guard or Titan protection.

Since this is my first car and I don't have much experience driving, it might be a good idea to get protection in case of dents and scratches.

The cost of Titan is around $1500 but there is no way I pay that much for 2 years lease.

As soon as I said that, the salesperson dropped the price down to $1100 which is the same price as lease guard.

I think I can negotiate it to $8~900. Do you think it's worth to get it for $900?

I wouldn't even think of getting it if I'm confident with my driving skill. But as an inexperienced driver, I think I would get few scratches while parking or doing something stupid..

What do you think?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
This won't cover "scratches" from parking mishaps.. that's what insurance is for.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
wcikkk wrote:
I wouldn't even think of getting it if I'm confident with my driving skill. But as an inexperienced driver, I think I would get few scratches while parking or doing something stupid..

What do you think?
Seriously?!? Please stay off the roads if this is the attitude you have going into driving.
Dec 23, 2016
48 posts
11 upvotes
peelhic wrote: Seriously?!? Please stay off the roads if this is the attitude you have going into driving.
Mind your own attitude first. Not every driver is experienced. Yes this is my first car and I dont have much experience and lack of confidence. This is why I'm getting additional protection and taking driving lessons before I pick up my car.

If you don't have any input regarding lease protection, please stay off from my post.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
If your hitting/bumping cars in parking lots, the least of your worries will be the lease protection on your new car!!
Mar 17, 2010
205 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
My trolling senses are tingling hard....but if not (sigh), why on earth would someone lease a brand new $50k cuv as their first car while constantly admitting being a sh*ty driver? Who in the right mind would advise them to buy a new car?

OP, stay away from Sauga, please.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)