• Aug 9th, 2017 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't sub to Access for it, but I decided to play the campaign a few weekends ago. I really enjoyed it and ended up finishing it in a day :P
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
clee290 wrote: I didn't sub to Access for it, but I decided to play the campaign a few weekends ago. I really enjoyed it and ended up finishing it in a day :P
Nice did you bother with MP at all? The new co-op mode sounds fun and I want to check that out
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
ReeGee wrote: Nice did you bother with MP at all? The new co-op mode sounds fun and I want to check that out
Yea, I originally got it to play MP with friends, but I could never really get into it. I haven't had a chance to try the co-op yet though, might have to give that a go one day.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
ReeGee wrote: Anyone else sub to Access for this? The campaign really is that good from the bit I've played so far. Started with a controller but switched to kb/m after a couple runs through the gauntlet. This game begs to be played with kb/m much like DOOM did. I unlocked that first gauntlet leaderboard achievement in 1 run with kb/m where I couldn't even come close the gamepad. Can't wait to play more of this tonight
The campaign is really really good and it gets progressively better. There is one level mid game that is incredibly fun and innovative and the last mission is great. The game played very well on my elite controller with the jumping mapped to a paddle, literally the only reason I stopped playing the multiplayer here was because I lost the specific paddle I had used to jump and the mobility in the game did not feel as fluid without it, If you do decide youd rather not hunch over a M&K, Bumper Jumper is the way to go I think
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
clee290 wrote: Yea, I originally got it to play MP with friends, but I could never really get into it. I haven't had a chance to try the co-op yet though, might have to give that a go one day.
I could never get into first either but the new co-op that just came out a week or so ago sounds really cool and after playing the SP a little I can imagine that being fun
SpicYMchaggis wrote: The campaign is really really good and it gets progressively better. There is one level mid game that is incredibly fun and innovative and the last mission is great. The game played very well on my elite controller with the jumping mapped to a paddle, literally the only reason I stopped playing the multiplayer here was because I lost the specific paddle I had used to jump and the mobility in the game did not feel as fluid without it, If you do decide youd rather not hunch over a M&K, Bumper Jumper is the way to go I think
I actually tried both a 360 Pad and then SC with sprint/jump mapped to the paddles which worked awesome for Dying Light but I just couldn't hit my desired mid air accuracy and was struggling to do the Gauntlet in under 1 min. On first try with kb/m I did in 53 sec and I'm sure I could've shaved another 5-10 seconds off in another attempt but left it at that. I prefer to use a controller for SP campaign shooters but my kb/m are wireless and easy to use laid back in my couch so it's not a big deal for me. Figure I may as well get used to it so I can stand a chance in MP if I decide to give it a go
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
Best SP shooter campaign I've played since DOOM. It was much shorter but I liked it more in some ways. Love how every mission had its own little gameplay gimmick. Favorites were the time travel mission and "The Ark" where you're battling on the flying convoy. Visuals were amazing. Still haven't tried any MP and may come back to that after I finish some other games but I'm pretty satisfied with the campaign and almost want to leave it at that.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: Best SP shooter campaign I've played since DOOM. It was much shorter but in some ways I liked it more. Love how every mission had its own little gameplay gimmick. Favorites were the time travel mission and "The Ark" where you're battling on the flying convoy. Visuals were amazing. Still haven't tried any MP and may come back to it after I finish some other games but I'm pretty satisfied with the campaign and almost want to leave it at that.
Yup, the SP was amazing, and now that it's free on EA Access, I've jumped back on MP with friends on console, which is still super fun - although I still liked TF1 maps better.

And before you go on about how M+K is the best way to play this, it's pretty fun and satisfying on a controller Winking Face

*EDIT* - oops, just scrolled back and it looks like you already brought up M&K Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9849 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: Yup, the SP was amazing, and now that it's free on EA Access, I've jumped back on MP with friends on console, which is still super fun - although I still liked TF1 maps better.

And before you go on about how M+K is the best way to play this, it's pretty fun and satisfying on a controller Winking Face

*EDIT* - oops, just scrolled back and it looks like you already brought up M&K Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Lol I tried at first with 2 controllers but I couldn't clear the gauntlet nearly fast enough and switched right at the beginning. Didn't like TF1 multiplayer at all but I have this for at least another year now so I may as well give it a shot at some point.
Sep 21, 2004
11412 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
ReeGee wrote: Lol I tried at first with 2 controllers but I couldn't clear the gauntlet nearly fast enough and switched right at the beginning. Didn't like TF1 multiplayer at all but I have this for at least another year now so I may as well give it a shot at some point.
The new Co-Op mp mode is a heck of fun as well, if you are tired of PvP.