Hot Deals

[TMS] TMS Finally Koodo HUP for iPhone 6 200k pts, iPhone SE 150k pts on small tab

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2018 12:30 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8982 posts
8493 upvotes

TMS Finally Koodo HUP for iPhone 6 200k pts, iPhone SE 150k pts on small tab

Retailer:
TMS
My local TMS guy called me this afternoon about Koodo hardware upgrade(HUP) on the iPhone 6 and iPhone SE.
People asked me in the past about getting GC/pts on HUP. This weekend is your chance to get GC/pts on HUP.
WM and WOW may offer similar deal.

- iPhone 6 $0 tab small 200k pts = $200 groceries, no old phone trade-in
- iPhone SE $0 tab small 150k pts = $150 groceries, no old phone trade-in

- If you have tab balance during hardware upgrade, you current tab balance will be billed in your next invoice before getting a new tab.
- Since it is hardware upgrade, you don't get a new SIM. Koodo may not charge you the $30 connection fee. I did not ask my TMS guy.
- I think that we may get more GC/pts if we wait for Black Friday/boxing week. But if your daily driver is broken, this weekend is a chance to get a inexpensive good phone on HUP.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
56 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1576 posts
1302 upvotes
Was going to post this earlier but got too lazy.
Walmart does have the same deal currently for gift cards on upgrades
Almost all Walmart's are sold out of iPhone 6 and SE though since they're end of life
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin, Bell customer.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11343 posts
2337 upvotes
VANCOUVER
NavieM wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:34 am
Was going to post this earlier but got too lazy.
Walmart does have the same deal currently for gift cards on upgrades
Almost all Walmart's are sold out of iPhone 6 and SE though since they're end of life
How much GC for upgrade on Galaxy S8?
Mar 13, 2012
432 posts
240 upvotes
Surrey
embguy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:20 am
My local TMS guy called me this afternoon about Koodo hardware upgrade(HUP) on the iPhone 6 and iPhone SE.
People asked me in the past about getting GC/pts on HUP. This weekend is your chance to get GC/pts on HUP.

since it is upgrade , any change to current plan , and its $0 tab

- If you have tab balance during hardware upgrade, you current tab balance will be billed in your next invoice before getting a new tab.
- Since it is hardware upgrade, you don't get a new SIM. Koodo may not charge you the $30 connection fee. I did not ask my TMS guy.
- I think that we may get more GC/pts if we wait for Black Friday/boxing week. But if your daily driver is broken, this weekend is a chance to get a inexpensive good phone on HUP.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1576 posts
1302 upvotes
Rogido wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:46 am
How much GC for upgrade on Galaxy S8?
I can't remember what the GC amount was on the S8 unfortunately.
Ill check tomorrow

I know A8 was $150 on med, A5 was $200 on med, and iPhone 6S was $100 on med
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin, Bell customer.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11343 posts
2337 upvotes
VANCOUVER
NavieM wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:52 am
Ill check tomorrow

Thanks, Much appreciated.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10305 posts
2009 upvotes
What's TMS?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jun 1, 2006
772 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm new to Koodo but only on their wireless home phone service, so I'm not really familiar with how things work.
I realize what I am asking is obvious but is there a possibility they'll let me in on your posted deal?

Also noticed on TMS website, that they show the iPhone 6 for $0 and "up to 200K points" on a 2 year contract. It doesn't say what plan though.
If it's tab small, does that mean I can sign up and cancel right away and just pay off the $240 tab + a couple bucks for a day's service?
I've read people claim that you can use pre-existing PC points to pay off the tab but is that YMMV? I asked once and they said no.
Looking to get an iPhone for my mother so she can use her Apple Watch.
Mar 13, 2012
432 posts
240 upvotes
Surrey
embguy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:20 am

Basically its a free phone and wont affect the current koodo plan and no extra Tab?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8982 posts
8493 upvotes
j6n wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:57 am
I'm new to Koodo but only on their wireless home phone service, so I'm not really familiar with how things work.
I realize what I am asking is obvious but is there a possibility they'll let me in on your posted deal?

Also noticed on TMS website, that they show the iPhone 6 for $0 and "up to 200K points" on a 2 year contract. It doesn't say what plan though.
If it's tab small, does that mean I can sign up and cancel right away and just pay off the $240 tab + a couple bucks for a day's service?
I've read people claim that you can use pre-existing PC points to pay off the tab but is that YMMV? I asked once and they said no.
Looking to get an iPhone for my mother so she can use her Apple Watch.
Koodo tab is a interest free loan from Koodo to help you to buy a phone.
Being a loan, there is a monthly payment. Koodo tab is a 24 months loan. Small tab = $240 and monthly payment is $10/month for 24 months.
Your Koodo monthly payment consists of plan cost + tab payment.

Yes, you can pay down your tab with PCO points at TMS during activation. But the points must come out from your PCO account. You cannot use the pts from the phone deal to pay down the tab because your do not have the pts until after the activation.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Jul 27, 2017
74 posts
26 upvotes
With HUP, can I just pay off the tab and get the deal again during Black Friday ?
Jul 4, 2018
69 posts
39 upvotes
NavieM wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:52 am
Ill check tomorrow

Appreciate the info but i fear the s8 HUP "promo" will be a dud considering the above offers for the a5 & a8.

Ive been waiting for an s8 deal since forever but koodo never targeted for me shiiieet!!!
Mar 28, 2008
359 posts
169 upvotes
Can I retain grandfathered plan after Koodo HUP?
Sep 21, 2016
99 posts
17 upvotes
ngold wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 7:09 am
Can I retain grandfathered plan after Koodo HUP?
Yes you can.