• Jul 17th, 2018 12:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 27, 2015
163 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Toddler activities?

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what to do for children ages 1.5-2 years old. I noticed alot of public programs start around 2 y/o or if you are a baby. We have already tried some reading programs at libraries and that seems ok but just want more variety. We are located in the Markham area. Thanks!
7 replies
Aug 31, 2014
101 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Look up "life with a baby", they have stuff for all kinds of ages
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5067 posts
494 upvotes
Scarborough
just take the child to a nearby park.....
[OP]
Apr 27, 2015
163 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10066 posts
1446 upvotes
Toronto
'Play dates'. Find other parents with similar aged kids. Try to meet up or host something at your house. Also, get a small table with chairs. Paper, crayons, or paint.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4353 posts
136 upvotes
Austin/Markham
My son turned 2 in June and I'm also in Markham so here's what fun activities we did (everything but science center was done during the weekday, weekend rush might make them crazy):

Richmond Green Park ->nice because little traffic, close to home and plenty of room to run around
Markham Civic Center, kids loved chasing the geese and there's a water park across the street at Millenium Park, plus can show him the high school I went to
Toronto Zoo ->kids love it
Lionel's farm (where U can feed animals! www.lionelsfarm.com), this seems even more fun than the zoo!
Center Island, go during the weekday and only by a unlimited play wristband for your kids, for adults just get the pay per play coupons because most rides for kids are either kids only or the adult can go free if just holding the kid like the merry go around or the pony ride.
Ontario Science Center (my son loved the mini grocery store they have there), this was really surprising because u'd think the Science center is for much older kids but they have a special zone for little kids (https://www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/calendar/44/)
First Markham Place, in the food court they seem to have some activities for little kids
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15943 posts
12525 upvotes
Toronto
Check out Ontario Early Years Centres. Great, free activities. Took my kids there a lot when they were younger

https://www.ontario.ca/page/find-earlyo ... ily-centre
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)