None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener

Toilet Comparison....

I'm re-doing my master bath... anyone have any thoughts on the Kohler Cimmaron (comfort height, elongated bowl) and the Cadet 3 (comfort, elongated)

I called a supplier of ours and can get a Cimmaron for $250... haven't priced the Cadet 3 yet... price isn't really an issue, we'll get most of our money back for it through the Fed, Prov and Municipal rebates..

What is a issue is my kids poop nerf balls :) so I need a crappier that will stand up to some abuse...

The tub I put in is a Kohler so I'm leaning towards that one... Thoughts?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2463 posts
157 upvotes
Which elongated Cimarron version are you planning to get? There is the older class 5 (1.6 gpf) and the new class 6 version (1.28 gpf). From all the reviews I've read the class 5 version is not that good but the newer version is greatly improved with better flushing power and bowl rinse. I'm planning on getting a couple of class 6 versions myself. $250 would be a great price considering they are selling for $378 at Home Depot and Lowes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
Si98 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2010 2:17 pm
Which elongated Cimarron version are you planning to get? There is the older class 5 (1.6 gpf) and the new class 6 version (1.28 gpf). From all the reviews I've read the class 5 version is not that good but the newer version is greatly improved with better flushing power and bowl rinse. I'm planning on getting a couple of class 6 versions myself. $250 would be a great price considering they are selling for $378 at Home Depot and Lowes.
Thanks, I'll check to see which version it is...
Sep 28, 2009
62 posts
I have 2 of the cadet 3 they are awesome plus friends of mine have one at their cottage. Do a search on the forum and there have been past threads on this issue where the cadet 3 always comes up as awesome.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks... I've seen the videos of the flushing power of the cadet... I've heard it doesn't washdown the inside of the bowlll... anyone experience this?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
Called today... it is a class 6 Cimmaron... $250 includes the slow close seat... so I think I'm going with that one... my supplier wanted $260 for the Cadet 3 plus 40 for a slow close seat...
Jun 15, 2008
387 posts
19 upvotes
That's a pretty good price. Does anyone know of a supplier in Greater Vancouver?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2463 posts
157 upvotes
yogilo wrote:
Jun 8th, 2010 10:29 pm
That's a pretty good price. Does anyone know of a supplier in Greater Vancouver?
$250 is an excellent price. Almost too good to be true. The new batch of class 6 Cimarrons don't come with slow close seats. I remember vaguely that Lowes at one point carried Cimarron class fives that included the slow close seat. OP, you should find out the model number of the toilet you're getting and go to Kohler's website to make sure it is a class 6 just to be on the safe side.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
Si98 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2010 11:11 pm
$250 is an excellent price. Almost too good to be true. The new batch of class 6 Cimarrons don't come with slow close seats. I remember vaguely that Lowes at one point carried Cimarron class fives that included the slow close seat. OP, you should find out the model number of the toilet you're getting and go to Kohler's website to make sure it is a class 6 just to be on the safe side.
I'll double check... but if it makes you feel better it's from one of our plumbing wholesalers that we give a lot of business to... so it's kind of a 'special' price since they like me... I got my Devonshire tub in white for $400too, which I understand is a pretty good price... HD sells then for $800...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2463 posts
157 upvotes
Jamie_Canuck wrote:
Jun 9th, 2010 6:43 am
I'll double check... but if it makes you feel better it's from one of our plumbing wholesalers that we give a lot of business to... so it's kind of a 'special' price since they like me... I got my Devonshire tub in white for $400too, which I understand is a pretty good price... HD sells then for $800...
Oops, I was wrong about the slow close seats. Lowes now carry the elongated Cimarron class 6 (version K-11813-0) toilets that includes the slow close seats. Home Depot's class 6 Cimarrons (version K-11451-0) includes a normal seat. For the exact same price I'd go with the one at Lowes just because of the better seat. There must be quite a markup on these toilets if you can get them for $250 when they retail at big box stores for $378.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2005
14826 posts
1497 upvotes
I have 2 American Standard Champion 4's which have fantastic flushing power.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
1650 posts
542 upvotes
Kitchener
Si98 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2010 5:46 pm
Oops, I was wrong about the slow close seats. Lowes now carry the elongated Cimarron class 6 (version K-11813-0) toilets that includes the slow close seats. Home Depot's class 6 Cimarrons (version K-11451-0) includes a normal seat. For the exact same price I'd go with the one at Lowes just because of the better seat. There must be quite a markup on these toilets if you can get them for $250 when they retail at big box stores for $378.
I picked it up today... it says class 6 right on the box... tank is k4418-0, bowl is k4309-0 and lid is k4636-0... $250... plus tax... i imagine there is quite a markup on these.. as there is with most things...
× < >