• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 6:46 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1751 posts
282 upvotes
cmchiu wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 4:19 pm
Btw if you wanna share spreadsheet data, use a spreadsheet. Tried Google Sheets yet?
I tried Google Sheets it didn't work to well, not very very soft and it left sh*t all over my tablet screen :-)

I'd stick with kirklands!

-LeeBear
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I haven't read the thread yet but the simple fact that you made it is reason to applaud you. :-)

Are those all sale prices (other than costco of course)?
[edit] nevermind i just looked up some toilet paper prices and yes those do seem to all be sale prices.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5014 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
Kevinck wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 2:16 pm
I haven't read the thread yet but the simple fact that you made it is reason to applaud you. :-)

Are those all sale prices (other than costco of course)?
[edit] nevermind i just looked up some toilet paper prices and yes those do seem to all be sale prices.
thanks.

I am waiting for some more data and ill add it on the first post. If you have any data i will need brand, store, price, # of rolls, sheets per roll, size of sheets to calculate it.

thanks

We Shall Never Forget 7/08 '14
We Shall Never Forget 8/19 '11

Toilet Paper Calculations Thread
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27749 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
porksoda wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2017 7:40 pm
Truly impressive.

How the Holy Hell did you amass all these lines?

Admittedly this will help, but need clarity. What is the price? Promo price I guess? Can you make a column to indicate sale price?

Interesting to see there's a 300% variance in pricing. That's substantial.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
I like the feel of kirkland. Based on your data, unless there is some super amazing sale on cashmere that even you haven't' managed to record, i should just keep buying it and know i'm getting nearly the best price out there :-) thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2218 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
What will make this thread relevant is when someone uses this information to post when a real deal comes along. Just knowing there was a deal, say, in July 2016, isn't saving any money in our pockets.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5187 posts
1173 upvotes
Moncton, NB
To say my comment on TP. :)

Used to buy whatever was on sale then switched to kirkland from Costco 2 years ago when I noticed it was actually a good deal (even if not on sale).

But for the last 2 years we have been having issues with our septic (random issues not that alarming to call a plumber). It's like the water wasn't draining as fast in our septic. We just thought it was because it was old but the last time it was blocked (not fun to clean on christmas eve) I decided to stop using the Kirkland just for the heck of it.

We switched from Kirkland to Majesta EZ Flush. We don't mind the EZ Flush at all and it's on sales regularly everywhere. It's actually not as cheap as the kirkland but if it's going to save us trouble I stopped using the kirkland brand.

Since about a week after the last incident in our basement (It's not that bad but still) we had 0 issues. Kirkland says it's septic safe but after doing the test in water (1 sheet in a bowl with water) the kirkland stuck to my finger like glue so I figured it was just causing a jam so water wouldn't run properply.

anyway.. just my comment on TP :)

Great thread BTW. I always like to calculate the sheet / roll / $$$ (My wife thinks I'm crazy when I pull up the calculator on my phone) haha.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5014 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
bubble.tea wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:38 am
Truly impressive.

How the Holy Hell did you amass all these lines?

Admittedly this will help, but need clarity. What is the price? Promo price I guess? Can you make a column to indicate sale price?

Interesting to see there's a 300% variance in pricing. That's substantial.
All these prices are sale prices... i calculate all grocery items per gm or volume so toilet paper was no different. Everytime there is a sale i record it in as long as its less than what i have, especially add it in if there is a thread here. All sale prices except kirkland as its just regular, i have not seen it on sale yet.
Kevinck wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 8:55 am
I like the feel of kirkland. Based on your data, unless there is some super amazing sale on cashmere that even you haven't' managed to record, i should just keep buying it and know i'm getting nearly the best price out there :-) thanks.
Cashmere seems to be very expensive, like i said all these prices are sale prices and date i entered them into my calculation.
beachlover wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 12:59 pm
What will make this thread relevant is when someone uses this information to post when a real deal comes along. Just knowing there was a deal, say, in July 2016, isn't saving any money in our pockets.
Heh, i keep a track on main hot deals and when i see a deal posted i add it on - e.g the amazon deal everyone was going crazy over.
nounou23 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2017 1:14 pm
To say my comment on TP. :)

Used to buy whatever was on sale then switched to kirkland from Costco 2 years ago when I noticed it was actually a good deal (even if not on sale).

But for the last 2 years we have been having issues with our septic (random issues not that alarming to call a plumber). It's like the water wasn't draining as fast in our septic. We just thought it was because it was old but the last time it was blocked (not fun to clean on christmas eve) I decided to stop using the Kirkland just for the heck of it.

We switched from Kirkland to Majesta EZ Flush. We don't mind the EZ Flush at all and it's on sales regularly everywhere. It's actually not as cheap as the kirkland but if it's going to save us trouble I stopped using the kirkland brand.

Since about a week after the last incident in our basement (It's not that bad but still) we had 0 issues. Kirkland says it's septic safe but after doing the test in water (1 sheet in a bowl with water) the kirkland stuck to my finger like glue so I figured it was just causing a jam so water wouldn't run properply.

anyway.. just my comment on TP :)

Great thread BTW. I always like to calculate the sheet / roll / $$$ (My wife thinks I'm crazy when I pull up the calculator on my phone) haha.
Interesting information, i think kirkland uses one of the major brands to make their TP they may not be 100% equivalent to their quality but they are pretty good.

Women are tossing baby wipes in the toilet as well they dont decompose well at all!

thanks for all the encouragement, it will fun to see how inflation changes this over time!

Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2738 posts
195 upvotes
Kirkland have too much flakes IMO, else they are great for value
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3696 posts
490 upvotes
Richmond
my mom hates cashmere brand. The ones that are individually wrapped. They may have the most sheets but they have thinner sheets than royale and I end up using more sheets per toilet visit, so it ends about the same.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1827 posts
5698 upvotes
Laval
This week at costco Charmin Ultra-soft 30 × 220 sheets 16.99$ (0.00257 per sheet) pretty much expensive comparing to kirkland.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5014 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
Rlcky wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 9:07 am
This week at costco Charmin Ultra-soft 30 × 220 sheets 16.99$ (0.00257 per sheet) pretty much expensive comparing to kirkland.
You got sheet size from the package?

(edit)nevermind i have it in my list anyway :)(/edit)
Last edited by porksoda on Feb 20th, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1827 posts
5698 upvotes
Laval
porksoda wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 12:31 pm
You got sheet size from the package?
its on the flyer check the weekly deals.
Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
7 upvotes
Westmount, QC
It wouldn't hurt to have information about the 'ply-ness' of the listed papers in the above table. E.g. 1-ply, 2-ply, 3-ply...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)