• Apr 28th, 2008 10:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4274 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton
As WalnutCrunch mentioned, a low volume toilets are notorious for clogging.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
the main problem now is that i need a low profile toilet since all new standard height toilets now are at least 28" high

i need something under 26" and it seems like only low profile ones are so

one of the guy at the plumbing supplier has the Palm Beach model in his house and he says its been great so far
so i think ill give that a try when the sale goes on
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
synaptech wrote: As WalnutCrunch mentioned, a low volume toilets are notorious for clogging.
some brands are more prone...thats why i recommend toto, or caroma

6L toilets are very good for water waste...but most of the time people use so much paper that people think you have to fluch twice,,,they dont realize that most 6L flushing tanks are actually 13L tanks....when you depress the handle as normal, the tank will only dispense 6L into the bowl....BUT when you feel the need, you can hold the handle down for a few seconds longer and the tank will fully dispense 13L
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
btw it really bums me that the city just 3 blocks away from me is offering $100 rebate on these new 6L toilets (Coquitlam)
while my city doesnt offer any...... :( (Burnaby)

ill keep that in mind about the holding down the button
thanks for that tip
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
The 6L toilets I've had, uh, "experience" with have been pretty good at flushing without holding down the lever (mostly Toto and Kohler). But it's always nice to be able to hold down the lever if there is any doubt. :D
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
WalnutCrunch wrote: The 6L toilets I've had, uh, "experience" with have been pretty good at flushing without holding down the lever (mostly Toto and Kohler). But it's always nice to be able to hold down the lever if there is any doubt. :D
i wouldnt recommend a kohler toilet.....seen wayy too many problems with them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
really hmmm
a lot of my local plumbing (bath and kitchen centres/showrooms) are kohler dealers

if i want toto, id have to drive for a bit
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
trust me...TOTO is the way to go
Evil Techie wrote: really hmmm
a lot of my local plumbing (bath and kitchen centres/showrooms) are kohler dealers

if i want toto, id have to drive for a bit
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Feb 5, 2008
67 posts
1 upvote
GTA
Red_Army wrote: i wouldnt recommend a kohler toilet.....seen wayy too many problems with them
What's wrong with Kohler :?: We had a 1 piece (Santa Rosa) in our previous house for couple of years & it was great, very quiet, good flushing, looked great, etc...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1310 posts
761 upvotes
Oshawa
Red_Army wrote: i wouldnt recommend a kohler toilet.....seen wayy too many problems with them
I've installed hundreds of Kohler toilets and have yet to have a problem with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
jonnyb wrote: I've installed hundreds of Kohler toilets and have yet to have a problem with them.
yes but have you serviced them?? rarely there are problems with any toilet right after you install them

you personally may have not had problems with them, but i myself have come across many complaints, and have seen many problems with kohlers....that i why i dont recommend them personally
Banned
Oct 28, 2003
1741 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg, Mb
Did the tank crack on its own?
beep beep bop beep bup
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
v_tofu wrote: Did the tank crack on its own?
yep

from above the lever, down thru the hole of the lever, and all the way 5 inches down
Banned
Oct 28, 2003
1741 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg, Mb
Evil Techie wrote: IT IS!!

from 1980's
ive googled and looked on CBC's website as well but cant find anymore information on it

does anyone know much about it?

the good thing was we found the crack and the leak early on so there wasnt much flood damage but it is hard to say since water may have seeped underneath the tiles...
should i still contact my insurance?

We had the same thing happen to us maybe 7-8 yrs ago. One of the tanks cracked on its own. I think if you call their number, give them the serial no. of the tank. They will replace all the tanks in your home. Thats what they did with us anyway. The new ones were a bit nicer and haven't cracked since.
beep beep bop beep bup