was told I need a new engine mount.....

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2010 12:32 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6691 posts
899 upvotes
Murica
googoo wrote: I don't know what car you own, and Rock Auto is from the States. You can check autopartsway Canada and see if they stock it.

Brent

rockauto's shipping is fast. 3 days and its here. it's real UPS shipping, not the crap shipping.
Banned
Dec 6, 2008
771 posts
65 upvotes
Alberta boy
isajoo wrote: OP u need to go call another dealer.

I got the front engine mount on my 02 Si replaced @ honda last year.

Retail break down
$68 part
$110 1h to install

I only paid $100 w/part/installed (employee pricing)

Ya but they asked what part of the mount I need replaced as apparently theres 4 parts - back,front, left,right. Of course the honda I went to yesterday didnt write down which side I need or the whole thing. I tried calling them back but their lines have been busy all day yesterday and today.

Im taking it into my mechanic Monday morning to look at it. Even though hes not working at a honda dealership im sure he can still be able to check out the mount cause hes licensed and was told great things about him (was recommended him by my dad as hes been seeing him for over 20yrs now on all his cars).
googoo wrote: Call Honda and confirm but these should be the same.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts2/i ... 7~keymount
Thanks.

I just called a different Honda and after talking with the service guys they all said that its usually the front mount that goes out over time and theyve never seen a rear mount replaced ever so its most likely the front that just needs replacement. They have 3 parts for my cars engine mount.

Front stopper mount ($92 or $213 with 1hr labour)
Rear mount
Chasis (goes under nearneath).

They said 99% it sounds like I just need the front but im going in next week to get them to check it out and they will install on the spot if needed. Howveer I couldnt get in till thurs morning, so I will still get my mech. to check it too on Monday AM.
Banned
Dec 6, 2008
771 posts
65 upvotes
Alberta boy
isajoo wrote: WTF!

Hell no!

U got 2 get that looked @.

The fluid level on these cars has to @ an exact level, too much fluid and the transmission could fail.

Shifting shouldn't cause any vibration, only time I've ever heard any kind of noise from the transmission is when my windows r open and I'm close a car/wall, I can hear the gear selections(like going from reverse to drive), but no vibration, ever.

Just took the car into my mech. this morning. The front mount underneath is split right through. Im going back at 4pm today for him to replace it. $160 tax and install all in. Much better than the $475 quoted from honda.

I asked about the vibrating when switching gears. He says its cause of the mount, new one will fix it.

:)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2806 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
FuzzyWuzzy wrote: Just took the car into my mech. this morning. The front mount underneath is split right through. Im going back at 4pm today for him to replace it. $160 tax and install all in. Much better than the $475 quoted from honda.

I asked about the vibrating when switching gears. He says its cause of the mount, new one will fix it.

:)
Is the vibration problem gone now, with the new engine mount? I suspect it is gone.
Banned
Dec 6, 2008
771 posts
65 upvotes
Alberta boy
Whitedart wrote: Is the vibration problem gone now, with the new engine mount? I suspect it is gone.

It lessened it but didnt completely get rid of it. My mech said to not worry about it and its probably normal for my Honda.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
If it's from a cold start and you shift from Park to Reverse, I noticed that sometimes you will feel a pulse/click through the car from the reverse gear engaging.
Oct 29, 2008
646 posts
348 upvotes
L4J
changed left and right sides. coasted $250 (parts + labor), but my car is Ford Focus ZTS, 2002.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5148 posts
2194 upvotes
Mississauga
What's a way to check engine mounts if your car is manual?
I can't stomp on the brake and gas at the same time to see if the engine moves a lot...
The handbrake?