Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[AliExpress] Blue G1W w/Novatek NT96650 Processor 1080p Dash Cam - $49.18 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
frankw wrote: I ordered the G1W-C from Foxoffer on March 27th. Tracking shows it just hit Montreal from Singapore and three more days to receive it. So that will be twenty three days total. Over the last year and a dozen shipments from China. The average is 22 days.
Singapore? I thought these were made in china? Am I missing something here?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
wilsonlam97 wrote: I've never understood the G1WC because it literally has zero battery life. I'm pretty sure lithium ion batteries can withstand the Canadian heat.
I believe longevity is the issue. Ion batteries will suffer the effects of heat like leaving a GPS in a hot glovebox over sunmer (the battery will lose it's ability to retain a charge); so instead, use capacitors in the G1WH, which in this case convert the current rather than have any battery life, no?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
nomdesplumes wrote: Singapore? I thought these were made in china? Am I missing something here?
Some Chinese companies have warehoused product outside of China. If I have a choice, I always pick Singapore as the departure point. In ten years, not one shipment from Singapore have gone missing. On average from China, one out of fifteen will disappear or show up after three months or more. The record so far was a $1.10 item from Meritline. It arrived after six and half months. The package was severely beaten and tattered.
Oct 30, 2007
253 posts
515 upvotes
Terrace
Thanks OP. Has anyone found a reliable source for cheap microSD class 6 32gb that will work for this camera? Seems to be most places are selling for approximately low $20-ish for a 32gb card.

Wondering if anyone else have found some deals.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
johnpa wrote: can someone who already received G1WH confirm the length of charging cable? I need at least 7 feet ( 2.2m) long cable to wire the cam from rear mirror to fuse box, thanks!
Do you mean the 12V cigarette lighter cable or the USB computer cable?
Oct 20, 2007
83 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
12V cigarette lighter cable
Thrasher wrote: Do you mean the 12V cigarette lighter cable or the USB computer cable?
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
Ahzuz wrote: the gold plated extra long USB cable is OOS from monoprice.

You can get the non-gold plated one for cheaper :

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=3 ... 1&format=2

Comes up to 6$ with shipping to Montreal.

I have the mirror mount, 15 feet usb cable, 32 GB Kingston SDHC card, the waiting game is on for the dashcam now.
Is the gold plated one worth waiting for?

Any other retailers have it in stock?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
143 upvotes
johnpa wrote: 12V cigarette lighter cable
It's NOT 7' long.. maybe around 6'. Your fusebox must be in your engine compartment if you need 7'. How about doing the mod that someone did earlier in this thread?? (trixstar I think.)
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Ironsmack wrote: How long did everyone got their email stating it has shipped?
Ordered April 12th, still not shipped

They sure work slow
ShadowVlican
May 27, 2013
127 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered on the 8th and received my shipping notification the 11th
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Anyone have any suggestions on an alternate mount for the cam that works well? I have a sensor there so the camera can't mount to the rearview.
Banned
Nov 12, 2006
2715 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote: Anyone have any suggestions on an alternate mount for the cam that works well? I have a sensor there so the camera can't mount to the rearview.
i think this was covered between pg 1-4
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote: Anyone have any suggestions on an alternate mount for the cam that works well? I have a sensor there so the camera can't mount to the rearview.
This may work. No guarantees if it fits or not though.

Edit: You may need to break the locking tab that is on the mount I linked for it to work with the G1W.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dtrader69 wrote: i think this was covered between pg 1-4
Been following this thread since creation and I know for a fact there is no mention of an alternate mount (just looked again pg1-10) besides the one mentioned in the OP. I can't use that rear view mount and the suction one it comes with is bad.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, On
does this camcorder stops working when the written file number reaches 99999? My old cheapno ebay camera would stop recording when the file number reaches 99999, it's really annoying as one has to manual delete all these files. and it only take 1 year to get there
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
DDHLeigh wrote: Been following this thread since creation and I know for a fact there is no mention of an alternate mount (just looked again pg1-10) besides the one mentioned in the OP. I can't use that rear view mount and the suction one it comes with is bad.
What part of the stock mount is bad?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
2466 posts
899 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
jian1 wrote: does this camcorder stops working when the written file number reaches 99999? My old cheapno ebay camera would stop recording when the file number reaches 99999, it's really annoying as one has to manual delete all these files. and it only take 1 year to get there
It does a first in, first out file and the file structure is date based so it should never run out.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered the 9th shipped 11th fyi
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)