Cell Phones

Tons of china phones... which ones are the best right now?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 11:07 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8711 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto

Tons of china phones... which ones are the best right now?

So I’m tired of my iPhone 7 which I will sell once I make the switch to Android. Now I’ve been debating between the Pixel 2 XL and a Note 8 however I would like to compare my options to some of the cheaper Chinese phones.

I know nothing about Huawei or Xiaomi phones but am starting to look into them. Spec wise, would they come close to the pixel 2 or note 8 specs? I’m guessing they will and be 1/2 the price. One thing I would like is the ability to add storage via microsd and possible have a full screen with the notch at the top since i hear its pretty nice. Android Pay is also a must.

My budget on one of these phones would be between 400-500 and would likely buy it directly from one of the China sites or elsewhere (again, will need suggestions on this)
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4298 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
check out Xiaomi Mi 8
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): 2 Queen St East or Eaton Centre (or nearby places)
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8711 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:43 am
check out Xiaomi Mi 8
Any suggestions on where to buy from?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4298 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:01 am
Any suggestions on where to buy from?
the usual suspects like g.e.a.r.b.e.s.t, banggood, aliexpress?

i've never done this before.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): 2 Queen St East or Eaton Centre (or nearby places)
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8711 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:21 am
the usual suspects like g.e.a.r.b.e.s.t, banggood, aliexpress?

i've never done this before.
Alright thankyou.

That phone is slightly out of my pricerange in terms of china phones, if I was going to spend that much I'd rather just outright buy the Pixel 2 XL
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4822 posts
625 upvotes
NORTH YORK
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:35 am
So I’m tired of my iPhone 7 which I will sell once I make the switch to Android. Now I’ve been debating between the Pixel 2 XL and a Note 8 however I would like to compare my options to some of the cheaper Chinese phones.

I know nothing about Huawei or Xiaomi phones but am starting to look into them. Spec wise, would they come close to the pixel 2 or note 8 specs? I’m guessing they will and be 1/2 the price. One thing I would like is the ability to add storage via microsd and possible have a full screen with the notch at the top since i hear its pretty nice. Android Pay is also a must.

My budget on one of these phones would be between 400-500 and would likely buy it directly from one of the China sites or elsewhere (again, will need suggestions on this)
Recommend Huawei Mate SE at below your price point. And they are available locally at Amazon.ca, newegg.ca or b&h. If you are not happy return that
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Dec 20, 2015
846 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto, ON
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:35 am

Dude Koodo is promoting Huawei P20 Pro for $200 on TAB large with a $480 TAB charge. You can order it online and once you receive it just cancel the line. So the phone comes down to $680 + Koodo fees + tax.

The P20 Pro has a great camera, amazing quality, and the processor is among one of the best. 6 gigs of RAM, and 128 GB HDD is all you need. The reviews are raving online! Only downside tho is software. Stock android software like the Pixel 2XL is a lot smoother than P20 Pro's. Huawei's own apps have some issues loading and working correctly. But for almost $680 + taxes it's a great phone!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8711 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
lamboman wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 11:02 am
Dude Koodo is promoting Huawei P20 Pro for $200 on TAB large with a $480 TAB charge. You can order it online and once you receive it just cancel the line. So the phone comes down to $680 + Koodo fees + tax.

The P20 Pro has a great camera, amazing quality, and the processor is among one of the best. 6 gigs of RAM, and 128 GB HDD is all you need. The reviews are raving online! Only downside tho is software. Stock android software like the Pixel 2XL is a lot smoother than P20 Pro's. Huawei's own apps have some issues loading and working correctly. But for almost $680 + taxes it's a great phone!
Thanks but will pass, can't be bothered to do all of that. Going to keep the iphone 7 for a little while longer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)