Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes

Too old to longboard?

How old is too old to longboard? I used to skate as a kid, now I'm in my late 30's, and wouldn't mind getting out on a longboard but it seems like a young mans activity.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2021 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
If you define your life by other people's expectations then you might as well stick another nail into the coffin.

The few people that will gawk at you are also the same that don't care who you are and what you do. So skate away.

I am surprised you found the space to do it. This city doesn't seem like a great place for it since it seems there aren't that many streets to bomb.
That's not a knife!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1727 posts
407 upvotes
Markham
Since when did "age" become a factor for many things?
Too old to go back to school?
Too old to do something interesting?
Too old for this? Too old for that?
Jan 23, 2007
796 posts
51 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Andex wrote:
Jan 27th, 2014 10:53 pm
How old is too old to longboard? I used to skate as a kid, now I'm in my late 30's, and wouldn't mind getting out on a longboard but it seems like a young mans activity.
You're never too old, if you're asking it means you're too concerned what other people think of you. Wait until you're 80 and you'll be kicking yourself for asking such a question in your 30's, young pup!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes
Thanks guys, longboarding here I come!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1727 posts
407 upvotes
Markham
You are too old for this forum.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10401 posts
1166 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Jan 28th, 2014 9:17 am
Since when did "age" become a factor for many things?
Too old to go back to school?
Too old to do something interesting?
Too old for this? Too old for that?
Longboarding is a dangerous sport. Your body doesn't recover as quickly as you did in your 20s or teen years. You need a fearless (some might say stupid) mentality (that many younger guys have)... you're going downhill on a road sliding around corners, hoping there's no car coming the other way... or wipeout right into a tree.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5362 posts
1135 upvotes
Whitby
Your not too old to longboard....also not too old for the emergency room.